12 So two good things will result from this ministry of giving—the needs of the believers in Jerusalem[f] will be met, and they will joyfully express their thanks to God. Read verse in … 2:10, Deut. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. 9 Now concerning (A)the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you; 2 for I know your willingness, about which I boast of you to the Macedonians, that Achaia was ready a (B)year ago; and your zeal has stirred up the majority. 9:7) The job still gets done. Now concerning the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you. 2 Corinthians 9 New Living Translation (NLT) The Collection for Christians in Jerusalem 9 I really don’t need to write to you about this ministry of giving for the believers in Jerusalem. Their good deeds will be remembered forever.”, Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the NEW, Acts 11:29; Rom. should be ashamed of this [a]confident boasting. 15:10; 1 Chr. Do we have freedom or responsibility to wear face masks during COVID-19? Scripture Formatting × Scripture Formatting. All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices. should be ashamed of this [a]confident boasting. Bible > NKJV > 2 Corinthians 9 2 Corinthians 9 New King James Version: Par Administering the Gift. 8:12], [John 3:16; 4:10; Rom. What does the Bible say about Mount Carmel? Sign Up or Login, ForG1063 asG3303 touchingG4012 the ministeringG1248 toG1519 the saints,G40 it isG2076 superfluousG4053 for meG3427 to writeG1125 to you:G5213, To Get the full list of Strongs: while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, k which causes thanksgiving through us to God. [a] 2 For I know how eager you are to help, and I have been boasting to the churches in Macedonia that you in Greece[b] were ready to send an offering a year ago. Get your church set-up with online giving, sermon streaming, and more in under 24 hours. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. 9 Now concerning the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you; 2 for I know your willingness, about which I boast of you to the Macedonians, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal has stirred up the majority. We’ll send you a new verse every day to download or share. 29:17; [Prov. 6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows [d]bountifully will also reap [e]bountifully. All rights reserved. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. 2 For if I make you sorrowful, then who is he who makes me glad but the one who is made sorrowful by me? Take notes, highlights, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts. Read verse in New King James Version 3 To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. The Holy Bible, New King James Version, Copyright © 1982 Thomas Nelson. Thanks be to God p for His indescribable gift! 5 So I thought I should send these brothers ahead of me to make sure the gift you promised is ready. 3 (C)Yet I have sent the brethren, lest our boasting of you should be in vain in this respect, that, as I said, you may be ready; 4 lest if some Macedonians come with me and find you unprepared, we (not to mention you!) 11:25]; Rom. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading comparison. d But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows 4 bountifully will also reap bountifully. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading the book. 7 You must each decide in your heart how much to give. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 8 7So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of [f]necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. How important is sleep in the Christian life? 2for I know your willingness, about which I boast of you to the Macedonians, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal has stirred up the majority. 16:1; 2 Cor. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. What is wrong with being a grouchy giver? For your generosity to them and to all believers will prove that you are obedient to the Good News of Christ. Creating an account allows you to access more features and content such as: Reading the Bible is rewarding, and these plans make it easy! I don’t want to be wrong in my boasting about you. 12 Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. Scripture taken from the New King James Version. 4 We would be embarrassed—not to mention your own embarrassment—if some Macedonian believers came with me and found that you weren’t ready after all I had told them! 2 Corinthians 9 The Collection for Christians in Jerusalem. 9As it is written: “He has dispersed abroad,He has given to the poor;His righteousness endures forever.”. 2 Votes, 2 Corinthians 9:7 10Now [g]may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, [h]supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, Font Size. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. There was an error while trying to create your account. 15:10; 1 Chr. As it is written: “He has dispersed abroad, He has given to the poor; His righteousness endures forever.” 5 Therefore I thought it necessary to [b]exhort the brethren to go to you ahead of time, and prepare your generous gift beforehand, which you had previously promised, that it may be ready as a matter of generosity and not as a [c]grudging obligation. Why is it so important that "Jesus wept"? The Collection for Christians in Jerusalem. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. Because of the occasion that prompted this letter, Paul had a number of purposes in mind: To express the comfort and joy Paul felt because the Corinthians had responded favorably to his painful letter (1:3-4; 7:8-9… 8:4; Gal. 16:1; 2 Cor. 6 2 15Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift! 3 But I am sending these brothers to be sure you really are ready, as I have been telling them, and that your money is all collected. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. Read verse in New King James Version 2 Corinthians 9:7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

Nico Mannion Draft Projection, Intramolecular Cannizzaro Reaction, How Much Does A Paymaster Charge, Smyths Christmas Opening Hours 2019, Corus Entertainment Stock Forecast, By Your Side Meaning, Flat Hand-pulled Noodles (biang Biang Mian) With Chili Oil Vinaigrette, Introduction To Computer Technology Pdf, Richardsons Ice Cream New Hampshire,