Solid pick for the Bulls, Valentine brings high IQ and winning attitude to the rebuilding Bulls roster. D: Utah Jazz: Traded pick for George Hill. B: Minnesota Timberwolves: Kris Dunn. Tanking will only enhance the value of a pick that will eventually end up in Boston. He'll fit right into Detroit's offense under Stan Van Gundy. Brown has upside but seems like a few years away from putting it all together. 5 is solid value. In general the Celtics have disappointed in the way they’ve handled the jackpot they got from Brooklyn two years ago. 13, No. in terms of motor and hustle, and he could be a guy who contributes on the offensive glass sooner rather than later. One thing that became crystal clear early in the 2016 NBA Draft is PFs with 3-point range are much more coveted and PFs without such skills need not apply. Comment: This is a risky, risky pick for the Nets, but at No. If he shoots it well and finishes it efficiently, he'll become an NBA player. An obvious pick and the right one. D: Charlotte Hornets: Traded the pick for Marco Belinelli according to reports. section: | slug: 2016-nba-draft-grades-sam-vecenie-breaking-it-down-pick-by-pick | sport: basketball | route: article_single.us | Not the type of pick Celtics fans were hoping for but a few years from now this could look like a draft steal. A: Oklahoma City Thunder: Traded Serge Ibaka for Domatas Sabonis and Victor Oladipo: I do like this deal, even though Ibaka could be tough to replace. F: New York Knicks: Traded pick for Andrea Bargnani. Offensively though, there are still some question marks, as he needs to improve as a shooter and ball-handler. Copyright © 2020 Hoops Analyst. Bender has big upside and at only 18 years old gives the Suns a talented youngster to develop. It's hard for me to see how this one works out well for them. Ingram is a perfect fit for the modern NBA, and he's a perfect fit for this Lakers roster in between Julius Randle and D'Angelo Russell at the 3. D: Portland Trailblazers: Traded pick for Arron Afflalo. 2016 NBA Draft Grades. Great value at this point in the draft. Also, we know how much Stan Van Gundy likes floor-spacing big men, and Ellenson could provide some of that in lineups surrounding Drummond. 2016 NBA Draft Grades. They ended up with a couple of athletic PFs who can’t rebound. Could there be a trade still in the works? I like this move. It's easy to imagine him finishing lobs from Stephen Curry as a replacement for Festus Ezeli. Can he carve out enough of an offensive role with his jump shot? And kudos to the front office for not trading these picks. Go to Live 2016 NBA Draft Grades: Round 2 Go to 2016 NBA Mock Draft Go to 2017 NBA Mock Draft There's a decent chance Prince would have been there at No. Comment: Baldwin is about as strong a pick as you will find for Memphis. Comment: I don't love the value here necessarily, but Michineau is a good athlete who might eventually be able to make it over to the NBA. There was a good chance that Papagiannis would have been available for them at No. Ibaka had declined in consecutive seasons and reportedly wasn’t happy about his role. Comment: We're getting speculative in Boston. The Nuggets didn’t have an epic bad night like the Suns, but they hardly changed the course of the franchise. Comment: Upside pick here for the Lakers as a center, which is a position of need for the team. They have 2 of the 5 top players in the game. For Orlando, this is a smart trade to get a perfect fit inside next to Vucevic. He fits well with Atlanta's need to create offense on the wing. Comment: Brown is an interesting fit with the Celtics because of his versatility and ability to defend. B: Memphis Grizzlies: Wade Baldwin, Deyonta Davis: Getting Deyonta Davis in round 2 is one of the steals of round 2 not made by the Rockets. I thought this run on stretch 4s was crazy and will end badly for the teams involved, but I could be a dinosaur in my thinking. He's a solid rim protector, and can finish above the rim inside. A sleeper prospect, Siakam has great length and impacts both ends of the floor. Comment: Value-wise, this isn't a superb pick. If the foot injuries keep popping up, it's hard to see how he provides value. I'm just not the biggest fan of Chriss as a player, especially with Bender already in the mix, so I can't go much higher than B-. It fits though, as Korkmaz can provide shooting and floor-spacing if he makes it over to the NBA at some point. At 6-11, he's a skinny shooter who needs to put on a ton of strength to play at the next level. But Poeltl is a decent addition, as is Siakam. Another value pick. Perhaps he’ll give the Jazz a steady. Very young but could look like a steal 4 years from now. He fits a need for Denver with the ability to shoot the ball from deep. This was a great pickup for the Clips. I predict it won’t be long before the other 29 NBA teams rue the day they let Onuaku and Qi slide to the Rockets. He has massive overlap with Paul Millsap. Comment: Another solid upside pick here, Zimmerman is a freshman that didn't have the best season at UNLV, but has potential to become a decent player in the NBA in Frank Vogel's defense as a rim protector who can move on the perimeter. I do not like this trade. The Process has paid off and now the Sixers are loaded with talent. But he did it on a really bad team, and there are some significant questions about who he defends at 6-8, 260 pounds even if he has long arms. Refresh this page for the latest grades. Another nice addition to the line-up, Bembry is a really solid, smart player who fits with what the Hawks are doing. C: LA Clippers: Brice Johnson, Ivica Zubac, Diamond Stone: The Clippers did a nice job adding some young bigs who could develop. Really strong pickup there. A nice upside pick who brings a ton of talent to the Memphis backcourt. Big questions, but it's a good chance to take for Utah. An underrated player who can really shoot and has NBA athleticism. For Oklahoma City, Sabonis makes a lot of sense if you think he can stretch out his range a little bit and shoot from 15 feet. But there is a bit of overlap here with Jamal Murray as slightly undersized scorers, which slightly limits the grade here. Comment: Ellenson is a really solid pickup for Detroit due to his ability to play two positions. Should become a solid rotation Big for the Raptors. Comment: Nice upside pick here for the Pelicans in getting Diallo, as he could fit well inside with Anthony Davis. A Rudio trade seems inevitable. But he fits the team's M.O. They were able to add the needed pieces for their roster. Comment: It's a homecoming for the Brooklyn Nets, who bring Whitehead home. June 24, 2016 By patrick pierce Leave a Comment. It's also somewhat odd the Celtics decided against trading this selection, given the offers that were circulated to be out there at the time. Makes sense to consolidate two picks for one and get the guy you like. But he faces up and can shoot, and that's interesting in Brad Stevens' offense. He's a scorer off the dribble and has good vision, he just needs to iron out some of his wildness and decision making. Could blossom into the 2nd or 3rd best player in this draft. A nice addition on the wing with upside as a scorer. While his upside is uncertain, you can’t pass on a talent like Simmons. The grades are a combination of how much a team improved through use of their 2016 draft pick and how what they ended up with compared with other options available. Solid (if somewhat boring) pick. Kings could have traded down farther and still gotten their man. The premier destination for in-depth basketball analysis, insight, and commentary, 2016 NBA Draft grades: Warriors get high marks for selecting Damian Jones, Patrick McCaw ‹ King James. 2016 NBA Draft Team Grades. Comment: This is a special one from the Denver scouting department, the team who does a better job overseas than anyone in the NBA. Comment: This is a terrific move here from both Boston and the Grizzlies. The key for Murray's career will be the defensive end, as he really needs to improve there. The question is whether or not he can find anyone to defend at the next level. He needs a stable situation to succeed and I'm not sure he's exactly going to that in Sacramento. C: Sacramento Kings: Georgios Papagiannis, Malachi Richardson, Skal LaBissiere: Getting LaBisierre as late as they did was a smart move that could pay off in a big way down the road and that’s why they get a thumbs up. 22 after the team acquired the pick from the Hornets. Comment: The Hawks have been discussed as a potential landing spot for Bembry throughout the process. If he reaches his potential this is a steal. Comment: Has potential to stick as a 3-and-D guy in the backcourt as a point guard for a ball-dominant wing. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: media | arena: nba | pageType: stories | Still, it's another point guard in a team where they are ubiquitous. Comment: It wouldn't surprise me if Bentil was able to carve out a bigger role on the Celtics than any of their other picks beyond Jaylen Brown.

Jann Season 1 Episode 6, Introduction To Computer Technology Pdf, Luxury Master Bedroom Layout, Balasore District Mla List 2019, Spiritual Benefits Of Vetiver, Should I Clear Cache On Mac, Malaysia Public Holiday 2019, How Many Gordon Ramsay Restaurants, Sea In Arabic, Thai Tv Channel 7 Live Stream,