Does it happen on all your PC's connected to C1900 or just one? There will be no more firmware upgrades release for that device. I suggest bad software -- probable memory leak. Trademark Policy | Otherwise I'll just continue re-booting weekly. Privacy | HOWEVER you will only e able to use the web interface for 1 or 2 days. That's ridiculous. I understand that it's CenturyLink's issue, I do appreciate the suggestions. With no changes to the browser or security settings, it eventually fails. Privacy | I live in a rural area and have a couple of wireless security systems and I live so far off the road that my wireless camera's are at the edge of the modem's wireless capabilities. "Disable Norton of Macafee for 1 hour"? Someone at Actiontec HAS TO KNOW this is happening. To check your signal quality, follow the steps below: On a computer that is connected to the Actiontec DSL Gateway, open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the address bar at the top of the screen. Now you have been made aware of this bug. Actiontec modems/wireless routers all support TR-069, giving technical support staff the ability to remotely manage and troubleshoot the modem router, reducing operational expenses and ensuring a flawless customer experience. - Restoring it to defaults is another good simple thing I will attempt. Press enter on your keyboard. The issues may be caused by other problems on the line and may require your internet provider to send a field technician to troubleshoot and/or repair. Sucks. After that you will get the repeat login screen when trying to pull any part of the interface up. The ideal range for Attenuation values is 40dB or lower. Why there is no support for WCB3000N's purchased from vendors on Amazon. One more note, part of the issue may be that you have the two routers connected to each other. After that, the "login loop" goes away. From the options in the left-hand column of the Status page, select "DSL Status" Once the DSL Status page loads, scroll down to the DSL Power section about halfway down the page. From my personal experience with the onsite techs, they really only know the basics of all of the devices they install and bridged mode is an advanced feature. Usually it fixes the problem. (DO NOT REBOOT MODEM). How to restore the C3000A to factory default settings. Privacy | I work close enough with the local Centurylink lineman that they have given me a stack of these modems to go through and try out. I've turned off wifi, so I am using the device in a quite simple and straightforward fashion. Warranty. When it has a problem, it defaults back to one line. Gary Logan in above article said his ADSL Bonded pair dropped to half speed. At that point, I unplug the unit, wait 60 seconds, and plug back in. Why is my AT&T MicroCell not working correctly with my Actiontec modem/router? It cant be a big secret. I can absolutely confirm that the Actiontec C1900A DSL modems have a serious issue. Would you consider reading about them and giving me your opinion? Actiontec Support; Community; DSL & VDSL Modems and Gateways; Web Server behind C1900? Typically and GUI issues are due to security programs or settings on the browsers preventing javascripting. That error is typically caused by security programs preventing javascripting. NOW to me:  SAME DEAL: my C1900A kicks me out of the admin page after I log in and select ANY page to go to. By Phone; By Email; Customer Service. It should be CAB005-31.30L.96. Click the yellow Modem Status orb at the top of the page. This would, in turn, make it just a modem and disable all of the router functions inside of it. Good luck getting Actiontec or CenturyLink to tell you what dBi their antenna is so you can find a better one online. Sometimes when the modem gets too many line signal errors it can cause issues like what you are experiencing. I do not know of a way to tell them apart by looking at them. It works when rebooted, then slowly runs out of available memory and doesn't work any longer. My VPN Client shows that I am connected. I can log in fine. If you need more ports you should get a switch, not another router. Do others have this issue, ... or any recommendations? They are either disabled or they are not -- there's no one-hour waiting period. And an ultra-powerful hardware design and loads of in-home networking options: Gigabit Ethernet and Wireless 802.11n ensures blazing fast performance for any application. Resolve WiFi Issues without a Truck Roll. If you look online you might be able to find that information somewhere. Definitely a software bug. Why can't I find the support page for my device? We here at Actiontec can make some suggestions but all support for that device has to come from Centurylink. How do I disable Client Isolation or AP (access point) Isolation? Usually after rain or storms, but freezes up quite frequently. Basically all of Centurylinks northern AL area. Modem on latest firmware, CAB005-31.30L.96. Change the channel that the modem/router transmits and receives the wireless signal on for interference issues. Have you tried restoring it to defaults? You would just have to go online and purchase a new one because neither Actiontec or CenturyLink sells better antennas. If you unplug one antenna from the modem, you will probably be able to see the signal strength for that band drop significantly. Why can't I find the support page for my device? After a week of use, the C1900A may still allow me to login to the admin/console page, but sometime will not, although the device may still be properly routing traffic. ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" and then am returned to the login page. An internal internal setting. If so what did they say? I have been having this same problem for a long time, as well. Also, on the other router I have turned off the "router" features (DHCP, NAT, WAN/Modem) , and am just using the Wifi features, so I'm doubting that it's causing any problem, but I suppose that anything is possible. Also look for Attenuation Downstream and Attenuation Upstream. Do you know how I could test it to know which one is which? My previous CenturyLink modem (I don't remember the brand/model) had a similar problem, and I set up a script on a computer to reboot it daily around midnight. Possible solutions. If you continue to have the issue then you will need to contact CenturyLink for further support. Here is a link for what more information on what MIMO is. At that point, usually if I can login, when I click on a specific page past the initial "menu" page, I get kicked out and returned to the initial login to try again. Every one that I have will work fine for weeks or months. Troubleshooting Follow New articles New articles and comments. The Wireless N Bonded VDSL2 Modem Router C1900A delivers a brilliant HD IPTV, gaming, and Web experience. Yes, any RP-SMA antenna should work with your Actiontec. If not I would get with CenturyLink and have them try that for you to see if it helps. I have Windows 10 Pro, but OS doesn't seem to matter. Have you had Centurylink out to test the DSL line inside of your house? Actiontec C1900A; Actiontec C2000A; Actiontec C2300A; Actiontec C3000A; Actiontec PK5000; Actiontec PK5001A; Actiontec Q1000; Actiontec Q2000; Adtran C424G; Calix C844G; Cisco DDR2200; D-Link AC1200 ; Technicolor C1100T; Technicolor C2000T; Technicolor C2100T; Westell 7500; ZyXEL C1000Z; ZyXEL C1100Z; ZyXEL C2100Z; ZyXEL C3000Z; ZyXEL FR1000Z; ZyXEL NBG419N; ZyXEL … Can you look into it? They have a tier 3 number their techs can call us on but they have to stay on the line for us to help you. Can I Bridge the Actiontec MI424WR Rev. If you don't like the wireless on the C1900 then you should get a wireless access point, not a wireless router. The technician that was here shrugged his shoulders. There is no change to the browser/AV. Copyright 2018 Actiontec Electronics, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Moving to a higher WAN speed required changing to the C1900. I have put up with it for years. Have you asked Centurylink to look into it? CenturyLink advertises that they only support transparent bridge mode for commercial customers. Always solved by a reboot. Actiontec Broadband Equipment Energy Information. This isn't a Javascript thing, as one person has mentioned. What is the new model that replaces this one? Warranty, Fix Unidentified Network and No Network Access errors in Windows 7. How can I test the MoCA adapters for functionality? Check the CRC Errors reading for both Near End and Far End. That's pathetic -- the web management console should work on the client side of the device regardless of line errors. EVERY EVERY EVERY one that has been distributed to customers by Centurylink sufferers from what the original poster has said. Neither of these values should exceed 100. Warranty Information; GPL Source Code; Actiontec Community Forum; Promoted articles. I will ask CenturyLink to send me one. Terms of Use | 192.168.0.1 didn't send any data. To restore function of the web GUI login you must either unplug power from the modem, or perform a reboot via Telnet. May have to do that for this one too. When I click on the "Modem Status orb," I get a web page "This page isn't working. Do you know of any way to test the wireless dBi? The C1900A has been discontinued by us and Centurylink. I also have been dealing with this web GUI issue for years. Yes, my C1900 has two antenna's. Also, I'm no expert either so make sure you research it pretty good before you make the purchase or at least make sure they have a return policy in case the new ones don't work. Have it set up on two lines again. - I haven't bothered to have Centurylink look into it since if I reboot the router weekly it works, which I figure is less effort than spending hours on the phone hoping for the uncertain outcome that I would both get escalated to someone with the expertise to triage a very intermittent (although consistent) issue, and that the issue can actually be fixed. - I will try the direct connection, I haven't done that. Where can I get more information or help for my Actiontec device? Terms of Use | What firmware version are the units on? This happens no matter what orb I click on -- some error, then return to the login page. YES, that happens because the C1900A modem will support 1 or 2 line bonded type DSL. I have a C1900A that I purchased through CenturyLink. I disagree. I can go reboot my modem right now and get into the menus from this very browser. Why is the DSL light blinking on the Actiontec Modem. How do I change the MTU? I'm not sure why you would have lost half your speed in bridged mode. Trademark Policy | Why does my wireless connection keep disconnecting? John McDonnell September 30, 2017 21:57. After a while (haven't gauged how long), they don't work any more. When the modem is recently rebooted, the menus work. -  I bought the unit (from them), so I didn't consider attempting to get them to replace it. They all are using WIFI and LAN. .. If you detect the signal with no issues but can't connect turn off security on the wireless and check the connection.

Assassin's Creed Rogue After Credits Scene, Smart Trader Reviews, Mainstays Comforter Sets, How To Understand Others, Cfa Online Course, White Claw Sales 2020, How To Write Core Values, Anno 1800 An Arctic Welcome West Or South,