Her vulnerability on her tracks leaves a sensational impact and none more so than in ‘Between Your Teeth’, where she describes struggling to communicate with her partner (“I think too much / I think for both of us”). AMBY: Of course. Inter… It’s from the beginning of the song “Never Loved”, and the whole EP is about a particular breakup. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Twitter. Gimme Your Answers: A Video Interview w/ Milos Sarcev, RTP, RNG and Slot paylines guide for dummies, Gimme Your Answers: A Video Interview w/ Voros Twins, Gimme Your Answers 3: A Video Interview w/ Alter Bridge, Gimme Your Answers 2: A Video Interview w/ Sylvan Esso, Gimme Your Answers: A Video Interview w/ Brad Rowe, Gimme Your Answers 2: A Video Interview w/ GWAR, Gimme Your Answers: A Video Interview w/ John Meadows, Photos: Future @ Air Canada Centre – Toronto, Gimme Your Answers: A Video Interview w/ The Chain Gang of 1974, Ticket Giveaway: Big D and the Kids Table @ Subterranean – Chicago, Gimme Your Answers: A Video Interview w/ Magic Man x The Griswolds, Photos: Live At Leeds 2016 (Blood Red Shoes, Mystery Jets, Tiggs Da Author, + more). Her songs are about relationships - be they with others or with herself. AMBY: That’s where they hold the Ruby Sessions, right? You’ve just released your brilliant new EP Attach To Memory. Arena: Ailbhe Reddy. How do you feel you have grown, both as a songwriter and a performer, since your last EP? Personal History demands to be played at a summer music festival, under the searing sun, in a tight crowd where every intricacy of Ailbhe Reddy’s voice can be marvelled at live. We first heard Ailbhe Reddy when BBC 6 Music conducted an interview with her – and played stunning single ‘Looking Happy’ – as part of their Independence Day celebrations last month. So I actually kind of liked it. I took the photo in Toronto when I was there for CMW and I sent it to my friend and she just did up the artwork for it. Getting to know a songwriter from Dublin whose captivating blend of indie-folk music is filled with honesty and universal appeal... Getting to know a songwriter from Dublin whose captivating blend of indie-folk music is filled with honesty and universal appeal... Primary Mobile Navigation. Follow Clash Magazine as we skip merrily between clubs, concerts, interviews and photo shoots. Print . Opener ‘Failing’ is catchy yet intimate. Ceol Anocht: Interview : Ailbhe Reddy (2/10/2020) ... Martin Bridgeman Send an email 14/10/2020. Next up in our video interview series is the awesome Ailbhe Reddy. A superb debut album from a striking songwriter of real power... Raf Simons Returns to Eastpak For AW20 Punk Accents, Richard Malone Announced As Ambassador For Global Sustainability Movement, Weekly Wishlist: The Great Frog’s Alphabones, Kenzo and Vans Deliver The Perfect Summer Skate Capsule, Rough Trade Shops Name Their Album Of The Year 2020, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Donate Rare Items To Charity, Sans Soucis Shares Beautifully Animated 'Air' Video, Spectres - It's Never Going To Happen And Here's Why, Eric Cantona Takes The Lead In Liam Gallagher's 'Once' Video, STACEY's 'Far Away' Clip Has A Dreamy 60s Charm, Win: Bottle Of 24 Carat Gold Gin To Ease Your Self-Isolation, Fontaines D.C. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. ‘Personal History’ feels more like a work of art than an album. as they were what my mum was listening to. Together, she and Dave detail their best (Zara) and worst (Dave) songs by siblings in this week’s Top 5 smackdown. There is a lot of new music to be excited about this year, but one of my favourite new discoveries of 2017 has been Dublin based singer/songwriter Ailbhe Reddy. They’re like the coolest people in the world. Ailbhe actually spent a year studying psychotherapy which gave her a fresh understanding and empathy to the problems people face. ( Log Out /  Most people don’t say that, but I think it’s quite similar. AMBY: It’s okay, you can totally rock it. Filmed and edited by Shannon Donoghue. email. AMBY: I bumped into Lizzie Fitzpatrick in the bathroom at the hotel during CMW, and I’ve seen her play live twice but never met her. Interviewed by Sinéad Furlong. Her latest release Attach To Memory has been one of the best EPs of the year thus far, shifting seamlessly between indie, folk and electropop, all interconnected by her unique … I also think my lyrics are more honest than they have ever been. AR: I’ve just realized I’m wearing my jumper inside out. Throughout ‘Personal History’, the debut album from this incredibly talented queer Irish singer songwriter, Ailbhe Reddy really wears her heart on her sleeve in an introspective way.‘Personal History’ took three years to make. Before she set about writing the album, Reddy spent a year studying psychotherapy, which feeds into the wise observations and evaluations on her songs. Making It In Music - Ep.26 - Ailbhe Reddy. It was also just one take so very hard to keep a straight face! I’m always finding new artists to obsess over too, like Angel Olsen and Margret Glaspy, they’re my current obsessions! #355699 Leggettsrath Business Park, Carlow Road, Kilkenny, R95 YTD5, Gardaí reiterate appeal for witnesses to alleged assault in County Carlow, Kilkenny’s making more of a move into emission-free postal deliveries, South East castle the only Irish visitor attraction nominated for British Guild of Travel Writers International Tourism Awards, Three motorists across Carlow & Kilkenny test positive for cannabis in three days, 271 children were seriously injured in childcare facilities last year. Cookies are yum so we use them to make your HeadStuff experience more yummy. AMBY: How long did it take you to write that song? Hailing from Dublin, a place with an incredible music heritage, how would you describe the scene there, and do you have a favourite venue to play? Join us on the ad-free creative social network Vero, as we get under the skin of global cultural happenings. Are you happy with the way it’s turned out and with the reaction it’s been getting? Ailbhe Reddy - Personal History (Album Cover) I have spoken with Ailbhe on a number of occasions over the years for the first time in 2017 when she travelled down to KCLR for a Studio 2 Session. Ailbhe chats about her background, influences, music career and gives a special performance of her song ‘Loyal’. I’m really bad with logistics and all of that, so I just left it up to my manager, because the EP was done and I was happy with it, and the artwork was done. asks Jessie Ware. You can see the song how it is, which I always think is really interesting. A lot of people I worked with didn’t even know I played music! Most people love that because the audience is unbelievably attentive. Follow updates from Ailbhe Reddy here: Facebook // Twitter // Website //, Interview by Alicia Atout | @AliciaAtout Everyone said Canadian audiences would be really different than Irish ones. Thanks so much for calling it brilliant! AMBY: Next time I’m in Dublin we’ll have to figure it out. AR: I haven’t either! I’d go in, do just the guitar line, and we’d also come up with bits in the studio. I sat down to talk to Ailbhe about recording the EP, breakups, and the Dublin music scene: AMBY: What is the significance of the “attach to memory” lyric for you, and why did you decide on that as the title for the EP? I got a horrific stomach bug and couldn’t go.

Oreo Ice Cream Bites Price, The Wallflowers - The Difference, Assassin's Creed Origins Latest Version, Benzyl Alcohol Side Effects, Sting In The Tail Lyrics, Headboard Ideas For Master Bedroom, Domestic Container Shipping Cost Calculator, Vanilla Market Report 2019,