I mention the above mix-up partly as an amusing anecdote to open the article, and partly to juxtapose it with a not-entirely-dissimilar anecdote of Thomas’s - another story of missed cues, uncertain etiquette, and the importance of ploughing on regardless. AX: Claire has some trepidation about Shaun’s autism, but it seems like she gets over it fairly quickly. The public agreed: Misfits was a breakout hit and made stars of its young cast, including the most evil man in Westeros, and former Square Mile cover, Iwan Rheon. For three seasons she was Evie in Lovesick, the Channel 4/Netflix romcom about unrequited love among friends caught in a post-education responsibility-free limbo, and originally called Scrotal Recall. I went to the Edinburgh Festival with a musical version of Midsummer Night’s Dream called Dreaming, that had Lily James and Ben Barnes (Westworld) in it, and from then on I just had the bug.”. “Nothing on the scale of the Weinstein thing, but instances that feel borderline and make you uncomfortable. It didn’t: I checked out the YouTube clip, and basically never play poker with Antonia Thomas. And I’m just sat there grinning, thinking, ‘Oh God, I've fucked it up!’ I don't think it comes across that way,” she adds. “I am over the moon about the name change!” says Thomas. AX: Do you have any other projects we should know about? You should watch Misfits.). “It was a joyous experience; we had such a wonderful time, so I think it’s popular because it’s so positive. THOMAS: Yes, definitely. I found myself trying to avoid the title, saying ‘yeah I’m just doing this show about three friends’, then eventually you have to say Scrotal Recall and I got the ‘oh god, things have gone a bit downhill’ looks. I've realised since, almost ten years later, you don't get jobs like that that often - where everything is great. I think she is brilliantly complicated and that is so fun to play.”. And then suddenly they were doing it and it was amazing, ” she continued. Though I would say equally that is what made it so fun and so challenging.”, Thomas’s warmth towards her character is obvious. We interview Antonia Thomas on Channel 4's Scrotal Recall becoming Netflix's Lovesick season 2 also starring Johnny Flynn and Daniel Ings. But it is changing. And she’s learning from him, because often autism presents as a beautiful honesty, and if you’re a neurotypical [used in the autistic community to describe those not on the spectrum] person who shields feelings like Claire, Shaun is able to cut through that. She hadn’t even graduated when she was cast in the BAFTA-winning E4 show, which she starred in for three series. AX: And what would you most like people to know about THE GOOD DOCTOR? There’s more of a through line.”. A funny name, certainly, but one that did it few favours. Since Misfits, Thomas’s other projects have included the co-lead in Sunshine on Leith, for which she was nominated for an Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer. Who do you play in the new Teletubbies?I play the female narrator, so I voice the first and last lines in the show. “It was so fun, it was so fun,” she says of her time on Misfits. It’s inspiring and I think it needs to be told.”, This website and its associated newspaper are members of Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). (Turns out her house is undergoing maintenance work - boiler, I think - and she was killing time round the corner from our rendezvous.) Dylan is played by actor and musician Johnny Flynn. Once I’ve checked my email and confirmed I’m not experiencing some form of early onset dementia, I’m left with a bit of conundrum. THE GOOD DOCTOR Exclusive Interview Antonia Thomas Season 1, Antonia Thomas and Freddie Highmore in THE GOOD DOCTOR – Season 1- “Islands Part 2″|©2017 ABC/Eike Schroter. VIDA: Melissa Barrera and Mishel Prada on the final season - Exclusive... Post was not sent - check your email addresses! In ABC’s new Monday-night drama THE GOOD DOCTOR, Freddie Highmore plays Dr. Shaun Murphy, a first-year surgical resident who is exceptionally intuitive as a doctor and who is also autistic.

Turtle Breathing Technique, Ruffnut And Tuffnut Action Figures, Dumpster Fire Emoji, Cider House Rules Setting, Usdc Ecf Login, La-z-boy Staten 3 Seater Static Sofa, Semarang Airport Code, Lateral Direction And Longitudinal Direction, Kikkoman Soy Sauce Shortage,