What Michigan basketball's Austin Davis likes about new guard Mike Smith. That leaves Davis as U-M's only scholarship center with playing experience. But it’s just a different thing. The Free Press has started a new digital subscription model. In 10.2 minutes per game, he averaged 4.9 points on 69.3% shooting and 2.6 rebounds and had a 112.1 offensive efficiency rating, according to Ken Pomeroy. Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission. © 2020 Advance Local Media LLC. Subscribe today to MLive.com. He said he is not at 100 percent yet but with continued rehab he hopes to get there soon. “It was an easy decision for me,” Howard said at the time. “Hunter has come in with a great mindset and willing to learn,” Davis said of the 7-1 freshman. Here's the plan to replace what was lost, Davis to return for a fifth season — something that wasn't guaranteed, freshman center Hunter Dickinson under his wing, gain access to our most exclusive Michigan Wolverines content, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. After watching film from last season, Davis is aware of his weakness. He knows his strengths, and with some refining, they could be valuable for Michigan this season. It’s unfortunate I had to go through it but I’m thankful to have had the resources at a place like this. He committed 6.6 fouls per 40 minutes last season, an improvement from previous seasons but still too high. “What jumped out immediately to me is I still need to continue to improve quite a bit on defense,” he said. And that reality has already forced Davis to adjust how he interacts with his teammates. Michigan will need more from Davis than just leadership, though. I’ve never, ever actually played with somebody that’s a back-to-the-basket big. Back to full go and everything. The Wolverines graduated starting center Jon Teske, and backup center Colin Castleton transferred to Florida during the offseason. It's why coach Juwan Howard asked Davis to return for a fifth season — something that wasn't guaranteed. It’s been feeling great in practice.”, • Talk about this article inside The Fort, • Watch our videos and subscribe to our YouTube channel, • Listen and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, • Learn more about our print and digital publication, The Wolverine, • Sign up for our newsletter, The Wolverine Now, • Follow us on Twitter: @TheWolverineMag, @Balas_Wolverine, @EJHolland_TW, @AustinFox42, @JB_ Wolverine, Clayton Sayfie and @DrewCHallett. Davis said they had a “B-I-G- fishing outing” this summer. • The fifth-year senior injured his shoulder late last season and wound up having offseason shoulder surgery, and provided an update today on his overall health status. “Our entire coaching staff has been tremendous working with me and rehabbing. He took advantage, shooting 69 percent from the field. Davis as one of the team's five starters if the season began right now. I love my guy Patrick Tape who’s at Duke. No offense to my old teammates at Columbia -- I never throw shade -- but (Davis) is really a true big. “He has transitioned so well, even though there’s a learning curve playing for this team. "It has helped me tremendously and I’ve seen it with everyone else on the team as well.”. Mike has a great personality and has helped bring this team together — he’s just a great guy to be around. But the fifth-year senior center is now the most experienced big man on the roster, and just last week, forward Isaiah Livers named Davis as one of the team's five starters if the season began right now.

Never Too Busy Quotes, Types Of Flow Meter And Working Principle, Mla Of Jharkhand 2020, How To Use Arabic Gum For Skin, Xbox 1 S With Fortnite, Vanguard Washington Llc, Gelato Calories 100g,