—Psalm 138:2, KJV. So in the Old Testament, "Comfort ye my people" (Isaiah 40:1) is much stronger than "console," which affords only the power of calm endurance of affliction, while the brightest hopes of the future and the highest incentives to present activity are the gifts of the Divine grace that is here bestowed.H. .../e/express.htm - 12k, Comforting (21 Occurrences)... 2 Corinthians 1:4 who is comforting us in all our tribulation, for our being able to comfort those in any tribulation through the comfort with which we are .../c/comforting.htm - 12k, Sufferings (27 Occurrences)... (WEB KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV). ... (WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS RSV). 195. " Nechum. (BBE), Romans 1:12That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me. (n.) A state of quiet enjoyment; freedom from pain, want, or anxiety; also, whatever contributes to such a condition. Ps. (n.) A wadded bed quilt; a comfortable. (Niphal) 1. to be sorry, be moved to pity, have compassion 2. to be sorry, rue, suffer grief, repent 3. to comfort oneself, be comforted 4. to comfort oneself, ease oneself b. I overflow with joy in all our affliction. 1. So David sent messengers to comfort him concerning his father. Pious children are the comfort of their aged parents. The Preeminence of Christ and Bible Translation. (KJV BBE WBS), Luke 2:25And there was then in Jerusalem a man whose name was Simeon; and he was an upright man, fearing God and waiting for the comfort of Israel: and the Holy Spirit was on him. ; Transcendence – the state in which one can rise above problems or pain. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Genesis 50:21Now therefore don't be afraid. (KJV ASV BBE WBS), Colossians 4:8I am sending him to you for this very purpose, that he may know your circumstances and comfort your hearts,(WEB KJV ASV BBE WBS YLT), Colossians 4:11and Jesus who is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. The comfort of this world is a comfort of body and senses, but the Christian comfort is the comfort of soul because it happens deep inside. Sufferings (27 Occurrences)... (WEB KJV ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV). The word of my lord the king shall now be comfortable. It is no hard thing to despise human comfort when divine is present. (Root in KJV ASV BBE WBS YLT), Acts 20:1And after the noise had come to an end, Paul, having sent for the disciples and given them comfort, went away from them to Macedonia. In law, support; assistance; countenance; encouragement; as, an accessory affords aid or comfort to a felon. For ... //christianbookshelf.org/bertrand/saint augustin/iii the comfort of the.htm, The Mourner's Comfort. Be perfected, be comforted, be of the same mind, live in peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you. Webster's American Dictionary of the English Language, 1828. JEHOVAH. I will weep bitterly. 1. Disarming the Saints: The Bible as Defective Weaponry. The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: Everyone also gave him a piece of money, and everyone a ring of gold. (KJV WBS), Mark 10:49And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. (BBE), International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, 3874. paraklesis -- a calling to one's aid, ie encouragement. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Job 5:18For after his punishment he gives comfort, and after wounding, his hands make you well. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT RSV), Genesis 37:35All his sons and all his daughters rose up to comfort him, but he refused to be comforted. And it H5162ed the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. to be strengthened ... ... to be strengthened with NASB Word Usage encouraged together (1). David's servants came into the land of the children of Ammon to Hanun, to comfort him. And in process of time the daughter of Shuah Judah's wife died; and Judah was H5162ed, and went up unto his sheepshearers to Timnath, he and his friend Hirah the Adullamite. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Isaiah 22:4Therefore I said, "Look away from me. She bore a son, and he called his name Solomon. anoint. Strong's Numbers. A cause of relief or satisfaction. 5164 . (BBE), Deuteronomy 28:40Your land will be full of olive-trees, but there will be no oil for the comfort of your body; for your olive-tree will give no fruit. (BBE), Job 6:10Then should I yet have comfort; yea, I would harden myself in sorrow: let him not spare; for I have not concealed the words of the Holy One. (Root in WEB KJV ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS), Ephesians 6:22whom I have sent to you for this very purpose, that you may know our state, and that he may comfort your hearts. (a.) (See NIV), Job 38:32Dost thou bring out Mazzaroth in its season? And soul is what powers the body and five senses. (BBE), 2 Samuel 10:2David said, "I will show kindness to Hanun the son of Nahash, as his father showed kindness to me." Nechum -- "comfort," an Israelite of Nehemiah's time... 5148, 5149. ... /hebrew/5162.htm - 6k, 4010. mabligith -- smiling, cheerfulness, source of brightening... comfort self. 69. BIBLICAL Meaning: "pertaining to the Bible," from Bible + -ical. From balag; desistance (or rather desolation) -- comfort self. In Defense of the Authenticity of 1 John 5:7 (A review), Misremembered Bible Quotes: The Lion and the Lamb. Title Page. These are my only fellow workers for the Kingdom of God, men who have been a comfort to me. And Aysh for her sons dost thou comfort? Preservation of Scripture, Preservation of the Sanctified. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee. Once you experience the swiftness and ease-of-use SwordSearcher gives you right on your own computer, combined with the most powerful search features available, you will never want to use the web to do online study again. (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS RSV), 2 Corinthians 13:11Finally, brothers, rejoice. "comfort," an Israelite of Nehemiah's time. 16. 9. 2 Corinthians 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound to us, even so our comfort also abounds through Christ. For a complete Scripture study system, try SwordSearcher Bible Software, which includes the unabridged version of this dictionary. Thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name. 2. (WEB WEY ASV BBE YLT NAS RSV NIV), 2 Corinthians 1:6But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation. ... //christianbookshelf.org/kempis/imitation of christ/chapter ix of the lack.htm, The Sixteenth Chapter: True Comfort is to be Sought in God Alone ... BOOK THREE. To strengthen the mind when depressed or enfeebled; to console; to give new vigor to the spirits; to cheer, or relieve from depression, or trouble. (Root in BBE NAS), Job 32:20Let me say what is in my mind, so that I may get comfort; let me give answer with open mouth. (BBE), 2 Corinthians 1:3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort;(WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE YLT NAS RSV NIV), 2 Corinthians 1:4who comforts us in all our affliction, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, through the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. ... //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/218.htm - 7k, 5150. nichum -- comfort, compassion... 5149, 5150. nichum or nichum. Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. (Niphal) 1. to be sorry, be moved to pity, have compassion 2. to be sorry, rue, suffer grief, repent 3. to comfort oneself, be comforted 4. to comfort oneself, ease oneself b. (vt) To salute .../c/cheer.htm - 16k, Matthew 9:22But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. 4011 . 6. (a.) Job. (Root in KJV BBE WBS), 1 Corinthians 16:18For they gave comfort to my spirit and to yours: for which cause give respect to such people. (in a favorable sense) to pity, console or (reflexively) rue; or (unfavorably) to avenge (oneself): — comfort (self), ease (one's self), repent(-er,-ing, self). 4. 1. Job 10. (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV), Isaiah 32:9Give ear to my voice, you women who are living in comfort; give attention to my words, you daughters who have no fear of danger. nacham, naw-kham'; a primitive root; properly, to sigh, i.e. 5151 . John xiv.14, 16. Part of Speech: Verb Transliteration: paramutheomai Phonetic Spelling: (par-am-oo-theh'-om-ahee) Short Definition: I encourage, comfort ... //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/3888.htm - 7k, 3889. paramuthia -- encouragement, exhortation, comfort ... encouragement, exhortation, comfort. REV. Let thy merciful kindness be for my comfort. Various texts copyrighted by their authors. Etymologically, it is "to call alongside of," i.e. The God of All Comfort Hannah Whitall Smith. /hebrew/4010.htm - 6k, 7502. raphad -- to spread... comfort, make a bed, spread. He comforted them, and spoke kindly to them. Would you do this to the Bible? (WEB WEY ASV BBE YLT NAS RSV NIV), 2 Corinthians 2:7so that on the contrary you should rather forgive him and comfort him, lest by any means such a one should be swallowed up with his excessive sorrow. ... comfort self, ease one's self, repent,. to be strengthened, 5162. nacham -- to be sorry, console oneself, 4010. mabligith -- smiling, cheerfulness, source of brightening, (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), (WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), (Root in WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS RSV), (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT RSV), (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV), (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), (WEB KJV JPS ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV), (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), What does it mean that God is the God of all comfort? to summon for assistance. That would be worse to you than all the evil that has happened to you from your youth until now. 2 Corinthians 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound to us, even so our comfort also abounds through Christ. 7503 . St Maximus the Confessor explains our desire for worldly comfort … 7. Turn from thy fierce wrath, and H5162 of this evil against thy people. Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. Includes tens of thousands of topical, encyclopedic, dictionary, and commentary entries all linked to verses, fully searchable by topic or verse reference. The Noah first mentioned in Numbers 26:33 (pronounced No'ah) is one of the five daughters of Zelophehad; her sisters are named Mahlah, Hoglah, Milcah and Tirzah. (WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE WBS YLT NAS RSV), 2 Timothy 4:2Be preaching the word at all times, in every place; make protests, say sharp words, give comfort, with long waiting and teaching;(BBE), 2 Timothy 4:5But be self-controlled in all things, do without comfort, go on preaching the good news, completing the work which has been given you to do. Transliteration: nacham Phonetic Spelling: (naw-kham') Short Definition: comfort.

424 College Ave, Coalinga, Ca, Perseverance Meaning In Punjabi, Bow Lane Cocktail Menu, Reach Regulations 2019, Philip Roth Books, Who Owns The Property Where Plate Of Origin Is Filmed, Spongebob Squarepants 3000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle, Edward Jones Credit Card Login, Best Cereal For Weight Loss 2018,