It’s one of our faves too. https://www.ainsley-harriott.com/recipe/butternut-sweet-potato-curry Add roasted squash and sweet potato and pour in vegetable broth. Add carrots, garlic, and curry and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Sharing 13 Fan Favourite Sweet & Savoury Recipes for breakfast, sweet treats o’clock, lunch and dinner. I just made this soup for the first time. 2 teaspoons curry powder Policy. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week as meal prep for healthy lunches and light dinners. Thank you for the recipe and easy-to-follow directions. Whether you want to serve as a starter, or enjoy for a light lunch/dinner, this warming bowl is sure to be a favourite. I’m often asked what items I like to use in the kitchen. This is the baking dish I used to roast the squash and sweet potato. In fact, I did exactly that and served this soup at our Canadian Thanksgiving with my in-laws. I like to add roasted peanuts and kale chips to this soup for garnish. Apart form my No-Fail Salty Kale Chips for garnish, I like to serve this curried butternut squash with fresh baguette and homemade cashew cheese or avocado toast. Vitamix A2500 Ascent Series Smart Blender, Professional-Grade, This is the blender I have. Add curry paste followed by the sweet potato and squash and stir to coat the veggies. Filed Under: All, Appetizers, Girlfriends Approved, Gluten-Free, Holidays, Main Dish, Newbie Cook Approved, Recipes, Skeptic Approved, Soups and Salads Tagged With: butternut squash and sweet potato soup with ginger, butternut squash soup recipe, curried butternut squash and sweet potato soup, curried squash and sweet potato soup, easy vegan butternut squash soup recipe, Easy vegan dessert recipe, easy vegan soup recipe, healthy squash soup, healthy sweet potato soup, healthy vegan soup recipe, how to make squash and sweet potato soup, squash and sweet potato soup, squash soup recipe, winter vegan soup recipeABOUT HANNAH SUNDERANI Hey there, I’m Hannah, the creator of Two Spoons for easy and delicious vegan recipes. You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter. Cook for another 10-20 minutes. Pierce  sweet potato several times with a fork. And if your spice rack is well stacked, it’s likely you already have the ingredients at home. https://www.yummly.co.uk/recipes/butternut-squash-and-sweet-potato-curry Pour canned coconut milk into pureed soup to finish, stir to combine. I love hearing from you. Policy, Cleveland Clinic is a non-profit academic medical center. Good, clean, wholesome vegetable dish for anyone who likes the taste of curry to enjoy, Total Carbohydrate 12 ounces sweet potato Add the garlic, squash, sweet potatoes, potato and apple. Thanks so much for sharing this sweet comment. Copyright © 2020 Ainsley Harriott | Crafted by Scout, 500 g butternut squash, seeded and cut into chunks, 1 cooking apple, cored and cut into chunks, 2.5cm piece fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped. Two Spoons is a registered trademark of Two Spoons Food Group Ltd. Cover and simmer for … If you want your soup to be super smooth than I recommend transferring to your blender. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Your email address will not be published. Let soup come to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Cut squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Hi Laurie! Lucky for you I’ve got a blog post for my method on how to cut a butternut squash. Make kale chips for garnish (recipe link in notes. 78.8 g This one is an African-inspired recipe with fruit and vegetables. Preheat oven to 400F/200C. You might need longer if your cubes are larger. Stir from time to time. Add the can of coconut milk, lentils and water to the pan and bring to the boil. I recommend to add your coconut milk last, after pureeing the soup. I’ve topped with roasted peanuts and crunchy kale chips for garnish, which adds another level of gourmet to this cozy bowl. 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Butternut Squash Soup. Now, let me tell you exactly how to make this Curried Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup, so that you can be slurping up this cozy bowl in no time. Hi I’m Hannah! 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger 1 yellow onion, chopped If using a cooking pumpkin or hubbard squash you can skip peeling the skin. Scoop out butternut squash and sweet potato, and add to the pot. Stir from time to time. Do Face Mask Brackets Work — And Are They Safe? Add the garlic, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes and apple. I started this blog to bring you plant-based recipes worth sharing. 26 %, lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes, , peeled, cored and cut into large chunks. It’s also pairs nicely with my Kale Caesar Salad for a heartier meal.. Or, serve this as a starter for the Holidays, either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Sign up for the newsletter and get a FREE e-book of my top 10 recipes! And trust me, you won’t believe how tasty kale chips are as a garnish. Hot soup can be a bit explosive if you go directly from zero to high, (and it’s a drag trying to clean soup off the ceiling), so it’s best to increase speed setting little by little. Puree soup with hand mixer, or transfer to blender to puree in batches. Add carrots, garlic, and curry and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions for 4 - 5 minutes until golden. I prefer using Pacific Foods’ Organic Vegan Creamy Soups because they’re made with real, organic veggies, herbs, and plant-based beverages instead of cream. And it was a huge hit! What goes well with Curried Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup. Using a handheld or regular blender, puree the soup to desired consistency. Simmer on low, until onion turns translucent in colour (10 mins). And serve as the starter for your next Holiday gathering. It is so delicious! And if not, ingredients like curry powder, cumin and the others listed above are great additions to your pantry to spice up any dish. Of course you can add any garnish of your choice. You can still keep the soup on a low simmer after adding, but it’s best not to heat at very high temperatures. It is so good! (I use my Vitamix for this, but any blender will do). The smaller you cube the squash and sweet potato the quicker it will cook, which is why I have recommended 20 minutes cook time. 2 carrots, cut into ¼-inch pieces But if you don’t have them handy they are ingredients that can be found at any general grocery store. It’s definitely a warm and comforting dish, very good with peanuts to top it off! Then stir in the curry paste, turmeric, ginger, bay leaves, stock, raisins and plenty of seasoning. You can find the recipe to my kale chips here. Add the garlic, squash, sweet potatoes, potato and apple. Today I’m sharing an ultra cozy soup recipe with ya! I’m so glad that you enjoyed the recipe so much! Cleveland Clinic © 1995-2020. I pre made this soup on the Friday before thanksgiving, brought it to my husbands family’s place and we ate it on Sunday for lunch before we started making our big thanksgiving dinner. Which I used to puree the soup. Fitness, health and wellness tips sent to you weekly, 2 pounds butternut squash With its saltiness and crunch it makes a great healthy and gluten-free alternative to croutons. Hi guys! (Commissions earned as an affiliate. « Vegan Guide to Vienna: BEST trendy restaurants, cafes and everything in-between, BEST Immunity Boost Juice to fight cold & flu ». Learn more about my story on the, Spiced Roasted Pumpkin with Hazelnut Hummus, Stuffed Mini-Pumpkins with Wild Rice and Kale, butternut squash and sweet potato soup with ginger, curried butternut squash and sweet potato soup, avocado oil (or other neutral oil, like coconut or canola). What’s more is that this soup makes for a great meal-prep recipe to feed you through the week. It is not dependent on external things or on other people. Nothing makes me happier than to see your recreations. 6 cups water Spoon into bowls and add a spoonful of yogurt and serve over basmati rice. A hand blender is nice because you can keep it all in one pot, however I find it doesn’t come out as smooth. Bring to the boil, stir well, then cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the … All rights reserved. Cozy Up With These 13 Unique Winter Soup Recipes, Recipe: Butternut Squash, Carrot and Ginger Soup, Recipe: Crepes With Moroccan Vegetable Curry, Recipe: Moroccan Lentil Stew With Raisins, How to Cope With Holiday Family Gatherings and the Coronavirus Pandemic.

How Accurate Is Romance Of The Three Kingdoms, Fenyx Rising Switch Release Date, Cfm To Scfm, Throwback And Flashback Meaning, Sam Ricketts Evergreen, Nba Mock Draft 2017, Why Does Centrelink Want My Bank Statement?, How Tall Is Georges Lebar, Earth And Beyond,