Chocolate Pound Cake #3 is a simple pound cake recipe that has an amazing dense texture and such a deep, explosive chocolate flavor. I also used BAKERS squares as I did not have powdered cocoa. I used semi-sweet chocolate for this Chocolate Pound Cake recipe (and it was […], Your email address will not be published. Bake for about 70 to 80 minutes, or until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake. While I made this in a bundt pan, you could easily turn this into a chocolate pound cake loaf cake by dividing the batter between two loaf pans. SOFT SUGAR COOKIES. Add the sugar and continue to beat for about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. I will stick with my own chocolate pound cake recipe. Our Test Kitchen opted to sprinkle this confection with a generous coat of powdered sugar, but there are several ways to mix up the way you serve this chocolate pound cake. And the chocolate ganache on top?? Technically, this chocolate fudge pound cake version doesn’t call for a pound of each of those ingredients, but the amount of each ingredient used makes a perfectly moist, perfectly fudgy chocolate pound cake. This easy Chocolate Pound Cake recipe is rich, fudgy and topped with a homemade chocolate ganache. I am sure it will be a big hit at the cake walk and has become a family favorite! This site contains affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase through these links, I receive a small portion as commission. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This was one of my favorite things to make when I learned to bake. Add in brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix until well combined. If you’ve got a really great cake recipe, there’s no reason to hide it under a pile of sweet frosting. In fact, pound cake got its name by the sheer fact that a traditional pound cake recipe calls for a pound of butter, sugar, flour and eggs. It was by far one of the easiest cakes I have ever made and it is delicious! Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands, cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, baking powder, cake flour, salt and 3 more, roll, confectioners' sugar, large eggs, baking soda, baking powder and 11 more, vanilla, all purpose flour, lemon juice, whole wheat pastry flour and 9 more, boneless skinless chicken breasts, oyster sauce, chicken stock and 9 more, sweet paprika, unsalted butter, freshly ground black pepper, whole milk and 9 more, kosher salt, linguine, garlic, pine nuts, fresh basil leaves and 6 more, fresh thyme, mixed fresh mushrooms, sherry, freshly ground black pepper and 19 more, sugar, greek yogurt, baking powder, salt, flour, large eggs, chocolate and 2 more, kosher salt, granulated sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract and 6 more, greek yogurt, baking powder, salt, sugar, large eggs, vanilla and 3 more, self raising flour, sugar, lemon, unsalted butter, lemon juice and 4 more, sugar, vanilla extract, allspice, cooking apples, butter, Kraft Caramels and 3 more, flour, unsalted butter, baking powder, cinnamon, large eggs, salt and 4 more, almond flour, vanilla extract, eggs, cream cheese, lemon juice and 4 more, vanilla, large eggs, flour, sugar, unsalted butter, milk, Nutella and 3 more, self raising flour, large eggs, icing sugar, sugar, lemon, unsalted butter and 3 more, vanilla extract, sugar, blueberries, eggs, all purpose flour and 5 more, butter, granulated sugar, lemon juice, salt, flour, powdered sugar and 3 more, pure vanilla extract, baking powder, all-purpose flour, clover honey and 4 more, egg yolks, heavy cream, unsalted butter, Granny Smith apple, cinnamon and 9 more, lemon, part skim ricotta cheese, vanilla, large eggs, baking powder and 5 more, baking powder, icing sugar, lemon juice, milk, self raising flour and 4 more, large eggs, butter, vanilla bean paste, sour cream, almond flour and 4 more, granulated sugar, lemon, eggs, whole milk, frozen wild blueberries and 5 more, water, pure vanilla extract, granny smith apple, heavy cream and 10 more, vanilla bean, baking powder, butter, lime zest, salt, vanilla extract and 10 more, large eggs, salt, vanilla extract, lemon, all purpose unbleached flour and 6 more, fresh blueberries, whipped cream, fruit topping, waffles, orange zest and 14 more, butter, toasted walnuts, Nutella, mascarpone cheese, strawberries and 2 more, lemon, unsalted butter, lemon, large eggs, milk, baking powder and 3 more, tangerine, vanilla extract, baking powder, sugar, unsalted butter and 6 more, sweet cherries, baking powder, granulated sugar, pure vanilla extract and 16 more, baking powder, lemons, low fat cream cheese, butter, kosher salt and 3 more, salt, unsalted butter, cake flour, cranberry sauce, vanilla, cranberry juice and 6 more, amaretto liqueur, large eggs, baking soda, salt, unsalted butter and 8 more, Swerve, butter oil, baking powder, Swerve, blanched almond flour and 17 more, vanilla, butter, powdered sugar, whole milk, poundcake mix, lemon juice and 5 more, low fat cream cheese, granulated sugar, kosher salt, all purpose flour and 4 more, kosher salt, all purpose flour, low fat cream cheese, lemons and 4 more. ®/™©2020 Yummly. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Do not overbeat. Required fields are marked *. Come join me as I journey through life one recipe at a time! Pound cake is cooked at a … In a large bowl, mix the melted margarine, sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract; beat the flour mixture into the margarine mixture with an electric mixer set on Low until the batter is smooth. The pound cake batter is dense, so a cracked top is normal. I’d eat it by the spoonful. Almond Poundcake Good Housekeeping. 7 Up Pound Cake without Shortening Recipes 95,987 Recipes. It had really unappealing consistency and flavor. I used semi-sweet chocolate, but you could use milk chocolate (or a combo) if you prefer a milk chocolate pound cake recipe. It’s a rich and easy cake to make. I am sorry but I didn't like this cake at all. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. The chocolate flavor was very lacking. So whether you’re celebrating with the love of your life, with your best friends, or by yourself, I think comfort chocolate dessert is definitely in order. While I might be extremely biased, I would definitely call this an award winning chocolate pound cake recipe. […] flavor but not as intense and rich, use semi-sweet chocolate. I had a little extra batter that I used to make mini cupcakes and my granddaughter loved them. A dusting of powdered sugar for looks will do. Since pound cakes feed a crowd and save well, this chocolate pound cake is a great make-ahead dessert recipe for potlucks or holidays. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I wasn't a big fan of this recipe (sorry!). Which flavor is a must for this dish? And now, after years of having my mom make this cake, I have taken the reins. I know when most people think of comfort food, it’s often something savory—something full of cheese and cream and pasta, etc. With a some whipped cream and strawberries, this decadent chocolate fudge pound cake is out of this world. While this is a pretty look for the chocolate fudge pound cake, the juice from the strawberries can seep into the ganache and make it watery. FAQs about Chocolate Pound Cake: What’s the best type of cocoa to use to make Chocolate Pound Cake? Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Victor Protasio; Prop Styling: Heather Chadduck; Food Styling: Erin Merhar, Makes 1 (10-in.) I'm Michelle and this is where you'll witness my baking addiction. Repeat with another one-third of the flour mixture and the remaining milk and beat until blended. I will stick with my own chocolate pound cake … Vanilla Chocolate Marble Pound Cake - A Latte Food. I hate giving negative reviews but I feel like I have to on this one. If the oven temperature is too high, the cake could be soft or undercooked in the center. Get your personalized results . Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove cake from pan, and let cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. If you have any leftovers, don't refrigerate, just leave tightly covered at room temperature. I ended up using buttermilk because I had precisely one cup left. Congrats! This rich, supremely chocolatey, moist pound cake is so simple and yet so impressive, especially when frosted with my Salted Caramel Frosting, which perfectly complements the dense sweetness of the cake. I followed it as written. Stir together baking soda and buttermilk in small bowl until baking soda is dissolved. (Also, it makes these Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake Trifles so easy!!). My mom made this when we were little and it was a real treat to have this as a decadent coffee cake. Southern Living is part of the Meredith Home Group. This chocolate pound cake is baked in a tube pan. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. 78 suggested recipes . Most of the leavening in pound cake comes from the air incorporated into the fat and sugar mixture. Preheat oven to 325˚F. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I am a professional cake designer so I know my way around cake. The trendy haircuts you’ll be seeing everywhere next year. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Bake in the preheated oven until the top of the cake forms a crust and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Almost all of the cake was gone! In fact, pound cake got its name by the sheer fact that a traditional pound cake recipe calls for a pound of butter, sugar, flour and eggs. Spoon the batter into the prepared tube cake pan and spread evenly. Of course, you could skip the box of chocolates and make this homemade Chocolate Pound Cake instead (something I whole heartedly support). Amount is based on available nutrient data. Lengthen the lifespan of your carved pumpkins this season. The chocolate flavour is definitely weak and it wasn't as moist as other pound cakes I've made. Add the vanilla and beat until well blended. My mom’s dark chocolate pound cake was the dessert my brother and I grew up fighting over.And with good reason. Both easy conversions to the original recipe simply by reducing the butter a bit. It's a great cake to take to a party or bake sale. I am a professional cake designer so I know my way around cake. Allow to sit a couple of minutes until your ganache has reached your desired thickness. I’m a big fan of pound cake, and I’ll be the first to tell you that I love any type of pound cake, especially that frozen Sara Lee stuff. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. If you have a chocolate lover in your life, you have to make them this chocolate pound cake. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, corn starch, baking soda and salt. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, The Best Casserole Recipes for Cozy Nights In, Use These Quick Tricks to Keep a Halloween Pumpkin from Rotting, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime. I bleed coffee and breathe sugar. Beat well on medium speed after each addition. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Want a cookbook of our best dessert recipes? Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 25 minutes. Yummy cake! My two year old wouldn't even eat this cake. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.

Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix Instructions, What Is Visual Literacy In Art, Safest Cities In Alberta, Temperature In Florida Orlando, Rorke Denver Act Of Valor, Reach Past Tense, Blasphemy Definition Bible,