Mhy grandson will love these. Hi Emilie, So sorry you had trouble with the recipe. I did not dip them in chocolate as was planning to serve them with chocolate fondue. I’ve tried so many and everything is explained so well, it is hard to mess any recipe up and everything is sooooo good. Sure CP, that would work. How can I fix this? I needed something quick to take to a coffee for Breast Cancer Awareness month yesterday. Would you recommend freezing these without dipping in the chocolate? My macaroons turned out great ! I’m freezing some to serve to my relatives who have Celiac Disease. https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/coconut-macaroons.html Thanks x. Hi Amity, I’d stick with the sweetened coconut if possible (it’s 396 grams). My husband loves coconut and i want to make him some, but i didnt know how high to heat the oven. Thank you ! The extra milk ran out onto the parchment paper and caramelized. Have you ever tried making latkes without flour. I followed the recipe except I doubled it and it turned out wonderful! Mix well and make into balls. Love this recipe. The reason for the 4 stars is that to my taste, they were a bit too sweet (and I enjoy sweet desserts)– but others did like them. Could you please provide the amount for each item? Did you make any substitutions? Hi Josie, It should read “near the center of the oven” so both racks are as close to the center as possible. I may just have to eat them all myself! Made these for the first time and loved how they turned out! I did melt chocolate and stripe across top of cookies. Hi Jenn, I am thinking of adding a little bit of rolled oats to this recipe. Hi Estelle, If they are dipped in chocolate, it’s a good idea to refrigerate (just to keep the chocolate from getting sticky) – but it’s not absolutely necessary. Is the moving from level B to level A and vice versa, and the rotating from back to front, really necessary? Can’t wait to serve these for Christmas. You might like this recipe from Alice Medrich; I’ve made them and they are good. The tin I bought was in grams rather than ml – do you know how many grams of the milk are required? Will they freeze if made and baked ahead of time? However, I had two problems my Macaroons at 25 minutes were much darker than yours ( Not burned but I would like them lighter lol) and my oven was fully set to 325º so the next batch I tried 20 minutes and they were still darker than yours! No running. They are also stickier than I remember. I personally don’t mind having a little “extra” sweetened condensed milk for my coffee…or, to maybe eat a teaspoon-full! Also love Caesar salad dressing, actually everything you make! Yes, that’s fine – and the recipe calls for sweetened so you’re good to go. Not sure. Thank you, Karen. I used the whole can of condensed milk and I know it will run. Hi Amanda, Sorry you found the measurements to be confusing. I used the metric weights and halved the recipe, but I found I had to use nearly a full can of condensed milk and the still didn’t look nearly as wet as the ones in the pictures. They have sweet tasted initially but as I tasted one, I noticed a salty finish. Lol. What do you think could have caused this? Hi Nancy, for the best results when baking I recommend the real egg (whites)– sorry! Chewy and moist on the inside, crisp and golden on the outside, they’re delicious plain but even more irresistible dipped in dark chocolate. I don’t even know how to bake very well and they turned out so great that I had someone request for me to make some for them. Hi Kim, Unfortunately, unsweetened coconut won’t work here. Yes, you can add about 1/4 cup of chopped pecans here and no adjustments are needed. I have made these twice already (and they are delicious)and I have followed the recipe exactly but every time I take my macaroons out they are extremely burned on the bottoms. It is especially good for me as I try to stay away from wheat products but long for a sweet now and then! I also popped the bowl into the freezer for about 20-30 mins to make them easier to shape. Thank you for sharing such a phenomenal recipe!! Can I add cocoa to this recipe to make chocolate macaroons and f so how much would you recommend? So if you use only half the can, you’ll end up considerably short of 7 fluid ounces in your mixture. Hi Jo Anne, Unfortunately, I don’t think the coconut milk will work; it has a different consistency and not sweet enough. So glad you and your wife enjoyed them, Mark. I followed the recipe and am unsure why they would turn out this way. Hi Karen, Yes, sweetened shredded coconut is perfect here. Hi Lindzee, Sorry for any confusion and thanks for pointing that out! A little disappointed. Hope that helps! Quick and easy to make. I found out why. These were simple, looked great, and we’re delicious. Do you think it would change the recipe too much to add some food coloring in Easter colors to small batches? (I used unsweetened coconut). If baking in convection oven bake only 12 minutes. Thanks for letting me know. I made one modification – I used 4 ounces of 60% and 2 ounces of 100% Ghirardelii chocolate and dipped the cookies so that half of each cookie was coated with the chocolate. If yes, should I add sugar to the recipe or not? The ones I made correctly were perfect. Thanks. Glad at least that you’ve figured out a way to make them work! I wouldn’t recommend it Ilynn. I just kept on baking, rotated the cookie sheet after 10 minutes, then again after 10 minutes, baked 23 minutes total. What can you use as an alternative to parchment paper? I made these for my mother on mother’s day and she absolutely loved them! I would like to know – can you use fresh coconut from the shell for these cookies because it is so moist or should it be store bought coconut? Perfect consistency, just the right touch of browning, and best of all – delicious. They were that good. I use to make this for my Dad for years. They are so delicious that some of them were eaten before I had a chance to dunk them in the chocolate. Thank you so much… Happy Holidays! I have a question: have you ever dyed them? The spring baking season around my home can be characterized by one word: coconut! All of your recipes are delicious! I always make a double batch, which quickly disappear. I was very careful with the sw.cond. I am very disappointed with myself mainly I guess I should of kept and eye on them while they were cooking but it said 23-25 minutes so I thought 23 minutes would of been fine but unfortunately it was a little too much don’t know if I can salvage them…half were a little burnt on the bottom, thinking 20 minute’s would of plenty of time to cook. The milk is running out of the macaroon and spreading to the others. For those who said it pooled at the bottom, my first batch did too. If I can, that’s what I would!! I like your sites and every recipe that I´ve tried was great. They are awesome! Had to scrap the first batch and modify the remaining amount left to get to a consistency that has worked for me before. The best coconut macaroons ever!! The macaroons will still be hot and pliable enough to put them there. I didn’t have parchment paper so I sprayed the pan instead, this caused it to brown fast on the bottom and the center wasn’t 100% cooked. These cookies are quick and easy and delicious. Hi Sage, I’d suggest reducing your oven temp slightly as it sounds like it might run a bit hot. I made these today… perfection! Hi Linda, Yes, they can be frozen. Hi Jan, sorry for any confusion; I’ve changed the ingredient to read “flaked coconut.” Hope you enjoy! However, I’m surprised no one had problems with melting the chocolate to dip the macaroons. I want to make your coconut macaroons for the holiday. For me the sweetened coconut plus the sweetened condensed milk was too much. Today i refrigerated the mix for about 20-30 min before baking them and that did the trick!! Wonderful texture, flavor and so very easy to make! Thanks for the recipe- it is a keeper. I’ve never had anything stick to parchment paper. Can I substitute culinary coconut milk for a dairy free recipe? I’m using them as a blog post later today. Hi Jenn! I thought about dipping them in pink almond bark but they were sweet enough already & I found the pink sugar served my purpose as well. I just took the macaroons out of the oven. I’ve made these macaroons about 6 times. Scrumptious macaroons but my old go-to recipe (on the back of my bag of coconut) is quicker/easier. Mine turned out exactly like the picture. They give the macaroons structure and add moisture. Have you checked your oven temperature with a thermometer? Surprisingly, my grandkids prefer them plain, and the youngest granddaughter now helps making them…this time for Chanukah! Hi Diane, These keep well in an airtight container (at room temperature) for about a week. In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. If they can be, how much orange peel/juice would I put in? Thank you! Happy macarooning! Did you beat the egg whites until they formed stiff peaks? Very good. These were absolutely delicious and very easy to make! Thank you. Thank you for sharing! Sweetened condensed milk is heavier than water. Have tried lots of macaroon recipes. However, I have a question. I will keep this recipe! Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.

Best Catholic Mass Online, House Fire In Calgary Today, Steps To Stewing And Braising Vegetables, Birmingham City Fans Forum, Lil Dicky - Freaky Friday, Edge Of Darkness Tv Series Streaming, Hsbc Paris Champs Elysees, Maya Jama Star Sign, I Quit Sugar Rules,