I like to eat things that aren’t too heavy as I get super full really quickly. She played Margaret Dashwood in Sense and Sensibility (1995) alongside Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. She has appeared on Newsnight (2009), 4thought.tv (2011),[16] BBC News (2010),[17] Crosstalk (2010), BBC Radio (2012), Sky News[18] and documentaries including Divine Women, presented by Bettany Hughes. It’s fried cheese in sugar, it’s a heart attack in a dessert but once in a while it’s fine. [13] The programme was nominated for an Asian Media Awards in 2018, in the category of Best Investigation. [35], She is a Research Associate at School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London (SOAS), in the Department of the Languages and Cultures of the Near and Middle East, where she researches issues related to British Muslims, integration and racism. She was a regular guest on BBC One's The Big Questions from 2008 to 2011[7] and on Sunday Morning Live in 2015. Iftar: I’ve spent a lot of time in the Arab world, my husband is Turkish so we eat a mixture of food. Her articles have been featured in the Middle East Eye,[24] The Guardian,[25] The Huffington Post,[26] New Statesman,[27] Your Middle East,[28] The London Paper, Jadaliyya,[29] the Australian Broadcasting Corporation,[30] The Daily Telegraph,[31] Salon,[32] Index on Censorship,[33] The F-Word[34] and the magazine Emel. [37], In 2003, at 21 years old, François-Cerrah converted to Islam after graduating from Cambridge. [19], In 2012, she commented on the French presidential elections for Sky News, as well as the French presidential inauguration and 2012 local elections and regularly comments on current affairs, in particular related to France or the Middle East. [15] Her most recent documentary City of Refuge,[23] looked at the plight of Syrian refugees in Lebanon, and aired on BBC Radio 4 in 2019. This one off show is on TONIGHT (November 21, 2017) at 10pm. Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Here's what we know about her.... Myriam François-Cerrah, 34, was born December 1982 and is a Franco-British writer, broadcaster and academic on issues related to Islam, France and the Middle East. In 2015 she presented a BBC1 documentary on the genocide at Srebrenica,[10] which aired on BBC 1 on Monday 6 July 2015. [14], She is a former correspondent for the Huffington Post (2014–15), where she broke a headline story on an exclusive 36-page document written by alleged al-Qaeda kingpin Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. I always open my fast with a date – Palestinian sourced of course, and water. I miss: I only miss water whilst fasting, food doesn’t really come in to it for me. My mum in law makes this dessert in Ramadan called Güllaç, it’s made with rice, milk, pomegranate and crushed hazelnuts, it’s a very milky dessert. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here. [36], She was a judge for the 2019 Baillie Gifford Prize for non-fiction books. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. Myriam Francois-Cerrah & Sharmeen Ziauddin Iftar: I’ve spent a lot of time in the Arab world, my husband is Turkish so we eat a mixture of food. Myriam shot to fame in the 90s as an actress. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. There, she collaborated on… In 2003, at 21 years old, Myriam converted to Islam after graduating from Cambridge. Comments are subject to our community guidelines, which can be viewed, Myriam Francois-Cerrah is a writer and broadcaster, She shot to fame in the 90s in the hit film Sense and Sensibility alongside Kate Winslet and Emma Thompson, The Truth About Muslim Marriage: Myriam Francois-Cerrah (above) explores the issue that many Muslim women don’t realise their religious marriages aren’t recognised in British law, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO).

Is Cellulose Gum Halal, The Making Of The Passion Of The Christ' Part 2, Average Jogging Pace Per Mile, Deadball: Year 3, Annabel Beam Age 2020, Boy Beds With Slides, How Many Calories Are In A Cup Of Black Folgers Coffee, Who Is Riverbend,