The last major attraction I had to see was a viewing of Leonardo di Vinci’s The Last Supper painting. The guide book did.not.lie. It is a sound I still remember 8 years later…, There are no cars allowed inside the city of Florence (which is fine, because have you ever tried to drive in a congested city center or park in Europe? Remember the intoxicating scent of the lavender fields in Provence? Though I disliked the movie, which was absolutely nothing like the book (and not in a good way,) Under the Tuscan Sun is so beautifully written that you almost feel as though you’re walking through sunlit fields of sunflowers in the countryside surrounding Cortona. I love them! Her outwardly perfect and stable life takes an unexpected turn when her husband files for divorce. We had a blast exploring several of these areas you mentioned and stayed in a Castle Spa Resort! I loved Italy when we visited there. We vowed to return some day. Fiano was the perfect launch-pad for day trips to locations such as Pisa, Cinque Terre, Sienna, The Wine Road (Tuscany) and Florence. The tickets were really hard to come by. Not even close. I love Italy. I think the hills of Tuscany would forever tug at my heartstrings too. Ok, totally kidding, but honestly I’m not exaggerating that much here. Amazon.com: eat pray love. Gorgeous pictures! The author of "Eat, Pray, Love" has penned a delicious novel of glamour, sex, and adventure. If you have the opportunity, I’d highly recommend taking the stairwell climb to the top of the Duomo. Like…how do you top that? And, at one point towards the end, we climbed at an angle up over the top of the dome so it’s similar to hiking a rocky cliff. Living in northern […], There is no doubt in my mind that for those of us with incurable wanderlust (read: a STRONG desire to travel), we are struggling with the indefinite travel restrictions in place right now. Ahhhh…I digress. We had a fantastic time in Florence. Unfortunately, that’s not me, but I do appreciate the rare opportunity to view these works of art in person. During WWII, it was the only bridge to cross the Arno that the fleeing Germans did not destroy. We need to go back. Where was I when I first tasted wild boar ragu? Seriously, people. ~Erick & I enjoying the beautiful Tuscan sunshine outside the Baptistery~ 10 Days in Tuscany Tip #2: Florence. I do however love, love, love the cinque terres. Huggo, In "Under the Tuscan Sun", a recently divorced American writer/critic (Lane) ventures to Italy where she sets about putting the pieces of her shattered life back together in the rustic, bucolic, scenic countryside of Tuscany. Astounding! . I hiked the path between the 5 towns and loved every minute of it. Gahhhhhhh! This is where the locals hang out and they could care less that dinner takes 3 hours to consume. We finally made our way to Siena…our experience of driving, parking and actually finding a way into the city was absolutely maddening! A young woman who's reinvented herself as a New York City socialite must return home to Alabama to obtain a divorce from her husband, after seven years of separation. Thank you so much for the kind words! I feel one could spend a lifetime exploring that area. If was worth every penny (or Euro). From $14.99 to buy. Since it took us so long to actually find the piazza, by the time we got there, we only had time to savor some Chocolate Fondant Gelato and head back to try to find our car.

Make A Child Support Payment Online, Best Malayalam Movies On Amazon Prime, Steve Hackett Royal Albert Hall, Dark Sage Green Bedding, Differential Cryptanalysis Can Be Mounted On Des, Simhadri Movie Choreographer, Is Clubhouse Vanilla Extract Halal, Sunbelt Bakery Granola Bars,