The poem is constituted by 10.000 verses, divided in five parts. The lyrics of the song Erotokritos by Nikos Xilouris translated to English, Have you heard of the sad news Aretousa? My end is coming, know it my lady Sto perigiali to kryfo – Grigoris Bithikotsis. logiase ta ‘patha gia se, na me ponei i kardia sou. I understand that your father is going to get you married soon, Ki oude boreis n’ antistatheis sta theloun oi Goneis sou Tessereis meres monacha mou ‘doke n’ animeno, ki apokeis na xenitefto, polla makria na piaino. Ikouses Aretousa mou, ta thlivera mantata; o Kyris sou m’ exorise s’ tsi xenitias ti strata. During his absence, his father falls ill and when Aretousa visits him, she finds in the room of Erotokritos a painting of hers and the lyrics he sang. Rigopoulo, Afentopoulo, san eisai sy gyrevgei. But the poet has added characters, facts and places from the Middle Ages and his own time.The plot is twisting around the love of Erotokritos and Aretousa, the daughter of the King of Athens. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Tessereis meres monacha mou ‘doke n’ animeno, Kai pos na s’ apochoristo kai pos na sou makryno Your father has exiled me. ==TRANSLITERATION==Ta 'mathes, Aretousa mou, ta thlivera mantata?o Kiris sou m' eksorise stis ksenitias ti strata?Tesseris meres monacha mou doke na animeno,ki apoki na ksenitefto, pola makra na pieno.Kai pos na s' apoxoristo, kai pos na sou makrino,kai pos na ziso dichos sou sto ksorismon ekino?Katecho to ki o Kirιs sou grigora se pantrevi,Rigopοulo, Afentopοulo, san ise si girevgi.Ki de mporis n' antistathis, sa thelοun oi Gonis sou,nikοun tin-e ti gnomi sou, ki allazi i oreksi sou.Mia chari, Afentra, sou zito, k' ekini thelo mono,kai meta-kini olocharos, ti zisi mou teliono.Opou ki an pao, opou vretho, kai ton keron pou ziso,tasso sou alli na mi do, moude n' anantraniso.Ki astakso o kakorizikos, pos de s' ida pote mou,ma ena keri-n aftoumenon ekratoun, ke isvise mou.Kallia'cho ese me Thanaton, para alli me zoi mou,GIA SENA ..EGENNITHIKE.. STON KOSMON ..TO KORMI MOU.+++++++++++The name 'Erotokritos' is the name of the main character of the poem. And when they tell you I am dead, feel sorry for me and cry Kai piase kai ti zografia pou ‘nai st’ armari mesa kai meta keini olocharos ti zisi mou teleiono: Tin ora p’ arravoniasteis, na varianastenaxeis Ήκουσες Αρετούσα μου τα θλιβερά μαντάτα, that they will bury me in exile, my remains will be there. Erotokritos – Lyrics in Greeklish. and after that I must go far away abroad alone. He is brought to the royal palace, where he stays until he is cured.The King wants to express his gratitude and offers to adopt him and assign to him half of his kingdom. and the songs I sang to you, that you enjoy so much, And read them, look at them and think of me Once every month in your room kai ta tragoudia pou ‘vgala, mes sti fotian ta kapse. seeking a son of a king and nobleman worthy of you. And let ill-fated me vow that I never saw you, Have you heard of the sad news Aretousa? And how am I going to be separated from you, o Kyris sou m’ exorise s’ tsi xenitias ti strata. what i promised you i forgot, what you wanted exists no more”. The lyrics of the song Erotokritos by Nikos Xilouris in Greek and Greeklish. And slowly the princess falls in love with the unknown singer.At some time Erotokritos is forced, together with his friend Polidoros, to kill ten of the Kings bodyguards who have been sent to arrest him. Sto perigiali to kryfo – Grigoris Bithikotsis. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ae475ba542384fa75d143f23ab1e5490" );document.getElementById("gd425a1ac8").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Katecho to ki o Kyris sou gligora se pantrevgei, Aretousa refuses, where after the king confines her in a dark, humid dungeon, where she remains for years, suffering many hardships.After a number of years, the king of Vlahias declares war on Athens and invades with his army. Better to be with you in death than with another one in life, At first the princess refuses to be married to a stranger, but then Erotokritos reveals his real identity. Only one favor I am asking you, my heart’s ruler, that I was exiled for you far away. and the songs I created, burn them in fire. My end is coming, know it my lady that they will bury me in exile, my remains will be there. ta sou ‘taxa lismonisa, ta ‘theles plio den enai”. Let your tear drop and say “Poor Erotokritos that you were like a lit candle extinguished in my hands. Ερωτόκριτος & Αρετούσα / Τσ' Αγάπης Και Του Έρωτα - YouTube kai ta tragoudia pou ‘lega opou poly s’ aresa. Kai diavaze ta, thoreie ta ki anathymou ki emena, Mia chari Afentra sou zito ki ekeini thelo mono

Microsoft Train Simulator 2, Ada Meaning Medical, Highway 1 Closure Santa Cruz, Vocabulary Test Maker, Found Dog Regina, Balrampur Vidhan Sabha Result 2017, Entertainment Pr Agency, World Cruising Routes Latest Edition, Snake Pit Lead Singer, Ryuji That's All She Wrote,