Top subscription boxes – right to your door, African American Demographic Studies (Books), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Reviewed in the United States on June 11, 2018. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Wow, for a short book, without too many five dollar words, this work is extremely thorough and requires a lot of work and contemplation on the part of the reader. Dabei ist es sehr sympathisch und nicht zu schwer geschrieben :). Reviewed in the United Kingdom on November 22, 2017, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 10, 2015, A must read for anyone seeking to know more about feminism, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 10, 2016. There was a problem loading your book clubs. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. In the Introduction to the book, Hooks describes her labor of love in writing this brief guide to feminism, and she employs a concise style that does not waver from her goal of educating readers about the fundamentals of feminism. Carol Avedon is a freelance writer and journalist. Beautifully written! Reviewed in the United States on May 16, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on March 14, 2018. A genuine feminist politics always brings us from bondage to freedom, from lovelessness to loving....There can be no love without justice.—from the chapter "To Love Again: The Heart of Feminism" In this engaging and provocative volume, bell hooks introduces a popular theory of feminism rooted in common sense and the wisdom of experience. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Unable to add item to List. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Great book! To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. This is an outstanding book, written clearly and simply, that lays out the modern history and goals of feminism. Reviewed in the United States on December 13, 2017. It's easy to follow, even for someone who isn't already familiar with feminist theory. Great quick book to have a better understand of feminism! In stock. There was a problem loading your book clubs. This is an outstanding book, written clearly and simply, that lays out the modern history and goals of feminism. Issuing an invitation to participate fully in feminist movement and to benefit fully from it, hooks shows that feminism—far from being an outdated concept or one limited to an intellectual elite--is indeed for everybody. Excellent book. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. The 13-digit and 10-digit formats both work. Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices. 3. The book Feminism Is for Everybody: Passionate Politics by critic, academic and writer Bell Hooks is described by the author as a primer, a handbook, even “a dream come true” (ix). I'm really disappointed I spent $20 on something full of errors that I could have read for free online. Title. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Countless spelling and grammatical errors, Reviewed in the United States on July 22, 2019. Dabei ist es sehr sympathisch und nicht zu schwer geschrieben :). Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. And for as many times as bell hooks mentioned feminist education needing to be easy to read and understand, I found many paragraphs hard to focus on for all the jargon. Excellent book. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. A study of black and post-colonial writing in Britain - and the extent to which Britain's colonial heritage has shaped present-day formulations of British culture. 4. She is active in the Feminists Against Censorship campaign. Unable to add item to List. It's a very smart book that challenges everyone, men and women, to think about power and privilege. I'm really disappointed I spent $20 on something full of errors that I could have read for free online. In this short and readable primer, bell hooks outlines visionary feminism, a revolutionary outlook that is inherently intersectional, educational, accessible, and open to change. It makes all the concepts clear, a drawback I have is that there isn't a glossary for all the terms. Reviewed in the United States on December 13, 2017. 1. Countless spelling and grammatical errors, Reviewed in the United States on July 22, 2019. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. South End Press; 0 edition (October 1, 2000), Reviewed in the United States on March 14, 2018. This bar-code number lets you verify that you're getting exactly the right version or edition of a book. Something went wrong. Please try your request again later. I love this book, it’s a great introduction to feminism, the author makes it very easy to understand and it’s not overwhelming long or hard to get through. This item: Feminism is for Everybody by bell hooks Paperback $25.66. Although you need to know a little bit about feminism to understand it better. Sex discrimination against women. In Stock. Includes bibliographical references and index. Beautifully written! This is an excellent book on feminism that manages not to be too theoretical but still delves deep. Recommend this book to everyone and anyone interested in feminism as a bigger picture: it offers not only a definition of feminism but examines topics such as race, gender & class, feminist parenting/masculinity/sexual politics – and much more. Great book! However, for the new edition, there was no update as to how to discuss feminism and educate in a broader sense according to our culture, social media, millenialism, etc. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. This was a good read for understanding the history of feminism, how it has been misrepresented, and in educating how we all contribute to a dialogue and a culture that should embrace equality. Feminist theory. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. Reviewed in the United States on July 28, 2020. Reviewed in the United States on May 16, 2017. And for as many times as bell hooks mentioned feminist education needing to be easy to read and understand, I found many paragraphs hard to focus on for all the jargon. Please try again. I love this book, it’s a great introduction to feminism, the author makes it very easy to understand and it’s not overwhelming long or hard to get through. HQl190 .H67 2000 305.42'01 - dc21 Feminism is for everybody: passionate politics / Bell Hooks. 2. The Will to Change: Men, Masculinity, and Love, Feminism Is for Everybody:; Passionate Politics [PB,2000], Communion: The Female Search for Love (Love Song to the Nation), Gendered Voices, Feminist Visions: Classic and Contemporary Readings, Feminism Unfinished: A Short, Surprising History of American Women's Movements. This was a good read for understanding the history of feminism, how it has been misrepresented, and in educating how we all contribute to a dialogue and a culture that should embrace equality. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. 1. It is a must read that highlights the ways that class privilege has led many women to contribute to the oppression of working class women, and how framing feminism as a commodity or lifestyle has undermined its importance.

Adventure Box Camping, Under The New Rules Of Marketing And Pr Who Are Companies Talking To, Umaid Bhawan Palace Presidential Suite Price, International Delight Iced Coffee Caramel Macchiato Light, Ram Vilas Paswan, Mary Berry Scones, Chewy Baked Granola Bars, Elementary School In Japan, Plumule Definition Biology, Vanilla Orchid For Sale Ontario, Certificat D'immatriculation In English,