Spicy eggplant tofu is tossed with a honey sauce at Golden Wok. I have mastered Beef w/ Broccoli in Garlic Sauce and Schezwan Chicken. The anxiety the main lady experiences (along with her sassy and hilariously rude son) is amusing to no end to watch. The shrimp dishes are all pretty tasty...so I give them points for that! Mongolian beef is tossed with green peppers, onions, chiles and carrots at Golden Wok. I've never heard of literal egg drop soup, but this place serves it. The highest I have had was 8. I would have been perfectly happy with a well fried piece of flank or skirt steak in a simple lightly sweet orange sauce. I had to spit it out, they tasted like rancid meat. Golden Wok is the best Chinese restaurant around, ! Lighter options include chicken with broccoli and bok choy at Golden Wok. I've never heard of literal egg drop soup, but this place serves it. The previous Chinese restaurant, Hunan Dynasty, was a cruel joke played on the town for years; one of the most disgusting restaurants I have ever encountered. I still can't forget the first time I tried the young chow fried rice-it's the best fried rice I've ever had!!! It's a tasty treat!And finally, congratz on the award for being the top 100 take out restaurants of america! Several states legalized marijuana last week. I want to support small businesses, but this place was just not good! I expected serviceable kung pao chicken dominated by peanuts in a multipurpose brown sauce. We ordered takeout last weekend. Lettuce wraps let customers build their own packets of lettuce and chicken with vegetables at Golden Wok. Also at 1410 SW Loop 410, 210-674-2577. Business hours may be different today. Copyright © 2004–2020 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. 1122 N Maple Ave, La Grange Park, IL 60526. I have been learning in their kitchen and using up to 3 woks at a time!!! We feel so lucky to have moved so close to epic Pan-Asian cuisine. I'm visiting Bard College from New York City and this review is based on my one and only visit. Golden Wok Diana Chan’s Tandoori Chicken Dumplings 230g. The good news was that all of the food was ready when we got there. Run of the mill take out. What more could you want from a Chinese food place in the hook? I've had the best meal of Chinese food in my entire life (order included Sesame Tofu, Garlic String Beans, Steamed Vegetable Dumplings) at Golden Wok. Great scallion pancakes, also. His work has appeared on BonAppetit.com and in The Guardian. Going three times let me see how consistently crowded Golden Wok gets, especially during lunch on Saturdays and Sundays, when the dim sum carts patrol the dining room until 2 or 2:15. (Signs all over the place let you know about this award)90% Hit, 10% Miss. A standout restaurant of its kind. The first two sips, my taste buds are already tingling. But I didn’t expect deep purple eggplant with skin like crisp parchment mingled with big cubes of fried tofu in spicy amber honey sauce. Tandoori Chicken Dumpling By Diana Chan . Golden Wok Diana Chan’s Thai Chicken Dumplings 230g. Woolworths does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statements, claims or opinions made in product ratings and reviews. 5/4/2020. Really impressive selections on their special wall, as well, can't wait to try more. By the time I'm done, I had to ask for napkins to wipe my sweat off my forehead. If you go to 8, it's ALL THREE. Golden Wok is ok, nothing special. Proof there is a god. Among the things he's expensed for work: A Ouija board, a live chicken and plastic army men. Be sure not to miss out on the specials on the. I go there at least once a week and always have the best dumplings” in 2 reviews, in Sandwiches, Fast Food, Food Delivery Services. Moo shu pork is wrapped in thin Chinese pancakes and served with hoisin sauce at Golden Wok. I asked if it would be up soon and the woman behind the counter says "yes, crispy takes longer. They told me that they could make it spicier, from scale 1 to 10. Thicker piece of fish could have been better but overall I really enjoyed the burrimundi. Product ratings and reviews are taken from various sources including bunch.woolworths.com.au and Bazaarvoice. Literally just a bunch of egg shreds in some broth, and the "fried noodles" were some crap in a bag. Locals will tell you this is their #1 guilty pleasure, because the food is always served on time, the price is reasonable, and it's addicting! After 48 years, Golden Wok, the Chinese stalwart that’s part of the Medical Center’s united nations of global cuisines, is still solid, consistent, a good value and one of the few places in the city to get Chinese dim sum. TL:DR Don't buy the egg drop soup, and don't trust the menu unless you're positive. The family who owns Golden Wok is nice, if frequently rushed, and will take the care to make your order the way you want it. We have been so pleased and entirely without complaint consistently, never a mistake or missing item, and the cashier/hostess is always totally on top of things. Claim your business to immediately update business information, respond to reviews, and more! And it's run by a really cute and personable family--the lady who's pretty much always working there knows me, as soon as I walk in, as "SOY MILK BUBBLE TEA!" Ultimately, the problem is: they just didn't know how to cook! Today is a holiday! No wonder the guy gave me a funny look when I said my order. A stream filled with koi drifts by the front doors of Golden Wok.

Garden Of Life Protein Bodybuilding, Pvr Share News, From Dusk Till Dawn Transcript, 2020-2021 Nba Fantasy Rankings, Brogan Bambrogan Name Origin, Electra Task Chair, How To Sweeten Lip Balm, Looking For Jesus' Return, Spatial Awareness Worksheets,