For his thirty seventh birthday, my husband had one request: to have Nigella Lawson’s Chocolate Guinness Cake with Cream Cheese frosting. So worth it though!! ★☆ I thought about going with something different for the frosting, but there’s a reason cream cheese is the classic pairing here. Pingback: 20+ St. Patrick's Day Recipes - My Kitchen Craze. This cake is gorgeous. I am passionate about speciality coffee and write about it on Sprudge. Remember to whip the cream cheese and butter well before adding the powdered sugar. thanks 🙂. Preheat the oven to gas mark 160°C Fan. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until the frosting is smooth and thoroughly mixed. Go bake this decadent, addicting, indulgently terrific dessert ASAP! Hi Carole! My husband thought that the cake was perfect as it was. ???? ? :). But it is made all the better when paired with this heavenly cream cheese frosting. Pingback: GUINNESS CAKE (WITHOUT CHOCOLATE) | Eggs In Hell. Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl at once, and beat on low speed for approximately 10-15 seconds (really!)  Oy. we’re coming back for seconds. Use room temperature ingredients for both the cupcakes and the frosting! As you can imagine, the mixture bubbles up quite a bit at this stage, so I highly, highly recommend using a large saucepan to do this, preferably one that is four quarts in size or larger. :), Pingback: 9 MARVELOUS AND MOUTHWATERING IDEAS FOR FATHER'S DAY | Best Friends For Frosting, Hi! Add flour mixture and stout, alternating them, beating until blended after each addition. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. This post may contain affiliate links. Transfer and divide the batter evenly among the prepared cake pans (. You definitely have got me wishing for a good thick slice of this stout cake now. So happy to hear that Thais! One thing I noticed though, is that the doses for the cream cheese frosting are too big to cover just the top of the cake, as Nigella advises. If you’re planning to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, then there is no better dessert recipe than this one. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Add the slightly-cooled Guinness mixture to the egg mixture, and beat on low speed just until combined. Guinness and chocolate belong together…I am going to try this STAT! Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Use immediately. Add the double cream and beat until you have a spreadable consistency. The next day, the cake tasted much better, so if you can wait…do! You must make this! Keywords: st. patrick’s day, party, birthday, sweet, Tag @forkinthekitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #forkinthekitchen. I’ve heard of coke a cola in cakes do you think I could substitute with that? With something in mind…, I do caution you to only use a bold, dark stout beer in the cupcakes, similar to Guinness. |, Simple Tips for Safe Holiday Entertaining, A Delicious Guide to Quick and Easy Holiday Appetizers, The World on a Spoon: Celebrating Soup Season with 4 Delicious Recipes. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. It is, of course, made all the better with rich cream cheese frosting. The credit goes to Loveswah.com. Nope. Since the cake layers are relatively thin (for this reason and the sake of not wasting cake, I don’t recommend leveling the cake layers), it is definitely meant to be a more rustic two-layer cake.  BAHA and I’m totally with you on the wedding vs. food blogging showdown. The darkest of Guinness Stout cakes topped with the most luscious Bailey’s cream cheese frosting. Food, Coffee and Travel Blogger at mondomulia.com | Photographer | ☕‍ | Currently in Wrocław, Poland, © 2020 - All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy. Even though I decided to go with the now popular ‘naked cake’ look on the sides of the cake, feel free to decorate the cake as simply as you want. You could easily spread a thick layer in the center, and then just spread the rest very simply on the top layer, leaving the sides untouched. I'm a writer and photographer passionate about sharing the best travel and food tips with my readers and followers. Copyright © 2020 Fork in the Kitchen on the Foodie Pro Theme, Guinness Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Peppermint Brownies with Mint Cream Cheese Frosting ». We hope this helps, and that you enjoy them! I was wondering if this recipe could fit a 13×9 pan? Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. ), Top 14 Street Food Dishes to Try in Georgetown, Penang. Yes, you can definitely do that! Yikes! Things just got real. Using a spatula, fold batter until completely combined if needed. All content is copyright of A BEAUTIFUL PLATE and Laura Davidson, © 2010-2019, unless otherwise noted. Once you have finished filling and topping the cake and you have decorated it with sprinkles, you should keep it in the fridge for at least one hour for the cream to set. With Stevia or xylitol? Chocolate Guinness Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting 30/08/2018. With so much flavor and very little effort, these seasonal treats should definitely be on your menu in the next few weeks! Pour the Guinness into a large wide saucepan, add the butter and heat until it is melted. Whisk in the sour cream and eggs until combined. This looks fantastic! Carole. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 10 Affordable Everyday Food Photography Backgrounds, 20+ St. Patrick's Day Recipes - My Kitchen Craze, 8 Food Blog Links We Love | 123getrecipes.com, Fourth Cake Tasting with Icing | Karen and Matt, GUINNESS CAKE (WITHOUT CHOCOLATE) | Eggs In Hell, 1 cup (315 grams) unsulfured dark molasses, 1/2 cup (115 grams) firmly packed brown sugar, 3/4 cup safflower, canola, or vegetable oil, 2 cups (250 grams) unbleached all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon grated, peeled fresh ginger root, 12 tablespoons (6 ounces or 170 grams) unsalted butter, softened, 6 ounces (170 grams) cream cheese, room temperature. I couldn’t let this year pass without sharing a fun St. Patrick’s Day dessert, and what is more fun than a dessert that combines two different types of booze! Butter three 8-inch round cake pans with 2-inch-high sides, and line the bottoms of the pans with parchment paper. Ingredients. I just made this yesterday.. Tastes great, but not an easy textured cake to work with. Set aside to continue cooling slightly. Everyone loved it and it was very easy to make. I plan on making it again today for a birthday celebration this weekend- with chocolate frosting :) Possibly with salted caramel sauce on top? !My question is – can I use the leftover Guinness (now flat as I made the cake early in the day) to make this recipe again (cause we all really liked it) or does the Guinness need to be carbonated? The stout that is used in this recipe provides subtle beer flavor but complements the chocolate perfectly. This can cause your cupcakes to fall and be overly dense. Welcome to Fork in the Kitchen, I’m so glad you’re here! Actually, I had brought back a bunch of other baked goods from work for photography purposes, so he was overwhelmed with options! Makes 12 cupcakes. Thanks for sharing your method and tips when combining the guinness/molasses for the cake. Once the foam has dissipated from the Guinness/molasses mixture, whisk it slowly into the egg and … Does a cake get more festive than this? I currently split my time between London and Wroclaw, Poland. Remember to whip the cream cheese and butter well before adding the powdered sugar. Not the world records, the stout.  I filled the cupcake tins about 2/3 full. How would you suggest reducing the sugar content for someone pre-diabetic? Add the frosting to a piping bag with a star tip. Make the Frosting: In a mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese, butter, and Baileys Irish Cream on medium speed until completely smooth and combined. Once cooked, let the pan cool slightly and remove cupcakes. This is the best Guinness chocolate cake recipe I’ve found! Recipe and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi. It was Fleur Bell who made the cake for the Band of Bakers meet up and when I told her it was delicious, she told me she had used Nigella’s recipe. Triple Fudge Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake with a Pretzel Crust, Brookie Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches, Giant Sugar Cookie with Raspberry Buttercream, Yellow Cupcakes Filled with Chocolate Buttercream, Molly Beth’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Bars. This cake sounds incredible. Like I’ve said time and time before, I’m not really a beer drinker. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Add the butter, beer, cocoa powder and brown sugar to a medium-size saucepot over low heat and melt together while whisking until completely combined and smooth. Even folks who normally pass on dessert (I know…that’s a thing???) You can easily make 16 slices out of it if you use a similar sized cake tin as I did. High quality cocoa powder will make all the difference! Pour the beer and butter mixture. It is a cake that keeps really well for few days. Whisk the liquid mixture into the flour mixture gently, half at a time, until just combined. I love a bank holiday, especially when it gives me, Travel means... adventure, culture, and a once-in-, I went out for a run today to clear my head, and t, Trying to stay optimistic here, after a shitty sta, Jamie Oliver Chocolate Celebration Cake with Puffed Rice and Nougat Frosting, Espresso Cake with Bitter Chocolate & Sour Cream Frosting, Chocolate Celebration Cake From Jamie Oliver Comfort Food, Panzanella Salad with Tomatoes, Bread and Basil, The Best Bucket List Travel Destinations For Sports Fans, How to travel without worries (and make the most out of it!

17th Lok Sabha, West Vancouver Weather 14 Day, The Varieties Of Scientific Experience Pdf, Disney Songs About Weather, There Is Power In A Name, Parker, Colorado Population, 1/8 Sheet Pan, Chevron Federal Credit Union Phone Number,