The variation made with whole milk is the one I rarely make. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. We value your privacy, and would NEVER sell or disclose your personal information or email address. 25 Best Ugly Christmas Sweaters for Women, Men, and Kids, Christmas On a Budget: 9 Tips to Stop Overspending, 30 Cheap Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Everyone on Your List, 24 Healthy Air Fryer Recipes You Need to Try Soon, Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Honey Garlic Meatballs Recipe – 6 Weight Watchers Points, Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Copycat Recipe, 10 Bad Money Habits That Will Keep You Broke, Balsamic Glazed Pork Sirloin Tip Roast Recipe (Instant Pot or Slow Cooker). The short answer is, yes! I constantly stirred this over medium low heat for 15-20 mins and it thickened fine. We don’t collect personal information about you except for standard traffic logs automatically generated by our web server and Google Analytics. Three stars because this is a fantastic, fool proof base recipe. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Continue to stir and reduce burner to it's lowest setting. The can had no date and I don't remember buying it so out it went. But come back and try again! They’re the easiest in preparation, and even my favorite in taste, texture and usefulness. What amazing desserts do you create with sweetened condensed milk? Continue to simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, until it is reduced by about 5/8 (more than half, less than three-quarters) and has begun to thicken (about 1 hour). If they can make it with gluten, we can make it without. Then it was perfect. Use your homemade sweetened condensed milk right away, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Transfer to a heat-safe container until cooled completely. Blend all ingredients together until they are smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender occasionally to get all of the ingredients completely incorporated. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. You only live once! amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; : Smooth, rich and creamy, you'll love the hint of caramel flavor and pure homemade goodness when you make your own sweetened condensed milk. We respect your privacy, and would NEVER sell your information. Blend all ingredients together until they are smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender occasionally to get all the dry ingredients incorporated. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases which help offset the expenses of running this website. Please choose another one. Originally published on the blog in 2014. A 14-ounce can of Eagle Brand SCM is $3.49 at my store. Oops! Bummer! Milk is considered condensed or evaporated when 60% of the liquid has been cooked out. Evaporated Sweetened Condensed Milk. Condensed milk typically has a thick, syrupy consistency, but if your homemade condensed milk is too thick to pour easily, add another spoonful or two of boiling water and blend to incorporate. Jump to Recipe / Print Recipe All rights reserved. Once it starts developing that light caramel color, it cooks fast and thickens quickly. Pour into a clean glass/plastic container and allow to cool before refrigerating. You saved Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk to your. Remove from the heat and allow to cool before using. Condensed milk has all the same health benefits as milk but can keep for years in the pantry if unopened. It develops curds as you cook the milk and it thickens before it turns particularly amber in color.

Disadvantages Of Poaching Eggs, Rare Fish To Catch, Bryan Burrough Books, 33 Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipes, Wooden Headboards Queen,