An excruciatingly awkward stab at generational sympathy, I Melt with You presents a quartet of thickening college buddies gathering at a Big Sur rental house to mourn their lost ambition. Richard (Thomas Jane), Ron (Jeremy Piven), Jonathan (Rob Lowe) and Tim (Christian McKay) are old college buddies who gather for a week each year in Big Sur to celebrate Tims birthday and catch up with each others lives. I Melt with You (2011) - Critic Reviews - IMDb. The film was critically panned. With Modern English, Richard Brown, Mick Conroy, Robbie Grey. It almost seems unfair to mention that Carla Gugino shows up as a cop 80 minutes into these overlong proceedings; by then, viewers who walk out would never even have known that she was involved. The only thing more narcissistically indulgent than the film's repugnant protagonists is Mark Pellington's iPod-scored, visually flashy, thoroughly hollow directorial celebration of them. In another light the group's - and the film's - portentous resolution looks a lot like quitting, in true slacker style. 2 VIDEOS | 106 IMAGES. Stylish cinematography and an awesome punk-and-new-wave soundtrack make the early, music-video-like montages of debauchery at least trashy entertainment, but the film's second half couldn't be more contemptible. A weekend romp for four middle-aged buddies devolves into a drug-fueled, suicidal hell in Mark Pellington's ill-conceived and executed I Melt With You, a work of extreme self-indulgence. 30. Richard (Thomas Jane), Ron (Jeremy Piven), Jonathan (Rob Lowe) and Tim (Christian McKay) are old college buddies who gather for a week each year in Big Sur to celebrate Tims birthday and catch up with each others lives. When four 40-something college friends meet up for their annual reunion, things start to spiral out of control, and a pact they made as young men is revisited. It completed filming in September 2010. The coke-snorting, booze-guzzling and vomiting add up to nearly two hours of frustration, anesthesia and pointless, self-indulgent excess. Moden Englist perform the song in a darkened room with Robbie Grey wearing a black shirt and hat. A compelling and disturbing drama about some elemental male issues. Exhausted and run ragged, they bare their souls and their reunion takes a much darker turn. "I Melt with You" is an insufferable, derivative and dreary mess of a nihilistic movie whose cliched idea of a mid-life crisis involves a Porsche or two. 35. By the end, you feel nothing, not even contempt. Michelle Orange Movieline. I Melt with You. A compelling and disturbing drama about some elemental male issues. A man and a woman ballroom dance to the song as the band plays. I Melt with You (2011) Plot Synopsis. 70. Modern English performs in the music video "I Melt with You" from the album "After the Snow" recorded for 4AD and Sire Records. There's plenty of that too. R | 2h 9min | Drama | 26 July 2012 (Russia) 3:51 | Trailer. It premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in January 2011. A movie about self-absorbed douchebags that wallows in their douchebaggery. When a sheriff's deputy (Carla Gugino) visits the house, I Melt With You turns into a ludicrous, cheap horror thriller that sheds any claims to integrity. In another light the group's - and the film's - portentous resolution looks a lot like quitting, in true slacker style. But as with most people, there is more to them than meets the eye.As the week progresses, they go down the rabbit hole of excess: mountains of drugs are consumed to a blaring rock 'n' roll soundtrack, parties with much younger women spin out of control. WARNING: Spoilers. Todd McCarthy The Hollywood Reporter. From director Mark Pellington, I MELT WITH YOU is a visually dazzling, wild and woolly trip deep into the male psyche, driven by four amazingly committed and profound performances from Thomas Jane, Jeremy Piven, Rob Lowe and Christian McKay. I Melt with You. A disastrous catalog of flaws, all accentuated by dilated, out-of-focus cinematography. (from the Official Movie Website). (film) I Melt with You is a 2011 American arthouse drama thriller film directed by Mark Pellington. When a promise from their past is brought to light, none of their lives will ever be the same. On the surface, they look like typical men in their forties, with careers, families and responsibilities. They should have called it "I Vomit With You."

When To Add Fruit Extract To Beer, Magnum Ice Cream Almond, Enough Is Enough Ac Odyssey, Coffee Mate Powder Original, 56 Oz, Quotes About Finding The Right Person, Earth: Final Conflict Streaming,