People on blood thinners probably have more to worry from other foods/herbs/vitamins that are known to thin the blood. Go ahead and try it! With the vanilla issue, they wouldn't have the option to KNOW to be careful, would they?? 15 de Junio No. It is 33.2 oz. Maize, KS 67101 ~ (316) 722-0216 Andover: 1313 E Highway 54, Andover, KS 67002 ~ (316) 768-5509 Eureka: 100 N Main St Eureka, KS 67045~ (620) 750-4031 Mon-Fri 8am - 6pm, Sat 8am - 5pm, Sun … Hoping it wasnt bad for me. It smells and tastes great. According the web, Mexico isn't very strict on label laws. Have seen a website for Mexican vanilla that states their products meet FDA requirements and are bottled in the US if you want to be extrasure - it is www.mexicanvanilla.com. They have to be pin cushioned regardless of what they eat/drink. Why take a chance when you can't be sure. Welcome to Danncy Pur Vanilla. We buy cases of mexican vanilla called La Vencedora and in the 7 years we have been in business we havent had any problem! They can't police every bottle that gets back into the US via the tourist, but they try to at least give people a heads up.If it could be a problem, GIVEN WHAT I KNOW, then NO, I DON'T "have to take a chance" because I have many, many, many OTHER options that DON'T HAVE THE SAME RISK.As for the cinnamon, yes, there can be an issue with it, too. La Vencedora) is FDA approved as safe and coumarin free. *Bake away and Impress you friends and family using this delicious vanilla I have been using it for years. 2004 - 2020 © Cake Central Media Corp. All Rights Reserved. Basically people on blood thinners or who are at risk for bleeding should be getting their blood checked for PTT and INR's rather then worry about a small amount of vanilla or these other foods. Anyways as somebody else suggested try it for something in the home and then if its to your liking then you can use it for cakes for somebody else. Cassia cinnamon, the kind of cinnamon often found in grocery stores and in supplement form, naturally contains coumarin. Sorry I can't help on the labelling part though. The danger is not for the average person. I have a large bottle of Mexican Vanilla in my cupboard which I suspect isn't real vanilla. I have never had an amber colored vanilla?? Yes coumadin is warfarin and the same thing that kills rats. They have to make sure that the dose of rat poison is effective. I use it with caution. "http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm048613.htmhttp://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_93.htmlI've been to Mexico 5 times. You can finally get the authentic pure Mexican Vanilla from Mexico without the cost of travel, hotel, avoiding the water, etc! The FDA began to examine imports of Mexican vanilla, including bottles imprinted with the disclaimer "Does Not Contain Coumarin", and found that many DID contain coumarin.The FDA decides to warn the public to be wary--just don't bother with it because it may be OK, but it may not. ?The alternative to Cassia is Ceylon cinnamon, available at some gourmet and health food stores. It was great. By It can also have a fair bit of coumarin in it as well. I know this is like three years later, but I found this while looking for an answer myself. I put a couple of tablespoons in a pot of simmering water and it makes my house smell soooooo good.I also use it for baking but only for personal use. Yes Mexico has regulations that are more lax then we have but anyone who has heard horror stories about nasty food establishments or other shoddy businesses know that can happen easily here as well. Are you as worried about cinnamon- should we not be baking or eating that as well? Tonka beans are cheap, Vanilla beans - even in Mexico- aren't. *Concentrated flavor guarantees superior results for cakes-foods-drinks-etc The bottle is labeled "Mexican Vanilla Totonac's". Available in Dark (traditional) or Clear. My sister uses it in her home baking and it always tastes like there are other spices in it, but it is just the taste of the Mexican Vanilla. "The FDA is advising consumers to be cautious when buying vanilla in Mexico and other Latin American countries, to look for vanilla bean on the labels ingredient list, and to not buy the product if it says tonka bean or has a vague ingredient list or no list at all. 33.8oz plastic bottles or 12oz plastic bottles. That would definitely put an end to the thought of using it for others if that was me. My mom is on it as well as well as I administer it very often to my patients in my day job as an RNI personally would use a mexican vanilla that was labeled as not having Coumarin in it. Ingredients say natural vanilla extractives and other natural flavors, water and poly sorbate or something. I know the one I have (La Vencedora) is FDA approved as safe and coumarin free. It has many happy customers who appreciate the consistency maintained in the product’s quality. A friend brought me back a large bottle of vanilla from Cozamel, Mexico. It's not that I don't trust it, it's just that I don't get it very often and I try to make it last until I get another bottle or two. No one that I know of has had any problems. 2913 Nuevo Laredo,Tamaulipas,México (956) 790-8627 (81) 8421-1361: Welcome to Danncy Pure Vanilla! But, of course, a coumadin patient who understands their dietary restrictions well would KNOW enough to regulate their cinnamon intake, wouldn't they? Another Danncy’s Mexican Vanilla product that has been the same for more than 20 years. Menu. I also give it as gifts. I tried the clear one in some mocha and some yogurt. It definitely has a different taste and I think it's wonderful. Danncy Mexican Vanilla is made using only the finest ingredients- Best Vanilla Extract from Mexico now in the US. Here is the best "Danncy Vanilla" since 25 years ago. My uncle use to bring it to my grandmother years ago. Andover, KS 67002. I can't find any information on the web. I thought it has a weird chemical smell like furniture polish or something, it makes my tongue slightly numb, flavor very nondescript. *Made using only the finest ingredients- Best Vanilla Extract from Mexico now in the US If I used it in everything I baked I'd be out in a couple of weeks. here or in mexico. I LOVE Mexican vanilla. I love it. Decorating It seems more natural to be more concerned about that then the possibility that the bottle would be mislabeled and your mil would ingest very small amounts ( as in a tbsp in an entire recipe). Things like garlic, vitamin e , green tea,onions , parsley, gingko, celery etc that are known to thin the blood. Danncy Vainill a Un Sabor Incomparable! My MIL is on blood thinners and I'd chase down and ruin ANYONE who knowingly, or unknowingly, caused her a moment of worry or harm.................Rae. And cinnamon is a widely used spice in Mexican cuisine.HTH. luddroth Posted 24 May 2010 , 5:00pm. But it can be very serious for people on blood thinners. It's one of those products that may be OK, but then again, it may not, so why chance it?Mexican vanilla is a slippery slope. I have a friend that gets it for me two or three times a year. Kerris Kitchen. Danncy Pure Vanilla Extract From Mexico 33oz Each 2 Plastic Bottle Lot Sealed by Danncy: Amazon.ca: Grocery It definitely has a different taste and I think it's wonderful. From everything I have read online, it should have a high alcohol content and be amber in color. Our vanilla product is made from real vanilla beans, is brought into the U.S. legally (FDA# 16359565038) and doesn't contain dangerous Coumarin or Corn Syrup as most vanilla … Let's see: The FDA discovered that Mexican producers were taking the cheap route of using tonka beans, containing coumarin, rather than the much more expensive vanilla beans. Didnt like it. But I'm a bit uneasy about the validity of the label proclaiming "no coumarin". http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm048613.htm, http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia/importalert_93.html. The label says Pure Natural Vanilla. When you purchase a digital subscription to Cake Central Magazine, you will get an instant and automatic download of the most recent issue. Coumarin does not come from cinnamon in Mexican vanilla - some folks will make "vanilla" out of tonka beans which have a vanilla-like taste. ?Does not being "watched" somehow make it OK to add to even one person's cummulative risk load?Even though these (poor) people have to be pin cushion tested to death at Coumadin Clinics-- and are held responsible for their own compliance with diet and medication--, I still don't see how using what could be a potentially adulterated product is justifiable.Beyond individuals already on blood thinners--who should know "what to look for" when there is a problem, there is also a small percentage of the population with "high normal bleeding times"--basically living at the "edge" of a bleeding disorder--who wouldn't even know that they could be at risk for a problem if exposed to a product containing coumarin..........Rae, but how do you know that anything you use is what it says? Go ahead and try it! At some point we have to take a chance. Every time, I've passed up lovely smelling, cheap vanilla because I don't want the risk. Big brother isn't watching all the time. I buy several bottles every time I go to Mexico. I found that some Mexican Vanilla's are FDA approved, so I'd just google the brand of vanilla and see.

Then Came You Full Movie Eng Sub, How To Substitute Monk Fruit For Sugar, Disability Allowance Calculator, Fortune Boris Johnson, Edward Kenway Death, Milk Bar Cookbook Review, Little Red Wagon Truck, Assassin's Creed 2 Counter Kill Not Working,