However, I considered reading his book after he hawked it on TV several times and my cousin strongly recommended it. I was disappointed in this book. There are so many interesting things about Lincoln's assassination that I was unaware of - such as the fact that it was the result of a much wider conspiracy. This felt more like a narrative thriller than a historical non-fic. Perhaps it’s good to be reminded of such things. RELEASE DATE: July 8, 2015. Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever. Co-author Martin Dugard is a historian and writer who wrote one pre-Civil War book titled “The Training Ground: Grant, Lee, Sherman and Davis in the Mexican War, 1846 – 1848.”. She is the author of Building a Midshipman, the story of her daughter’s journey from high school to United States Naval Academy midshipman. I would love to see more books just like it from them, taking other events in American history and making them into novels just like this one. Killing Lincoln by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard unrolls the drama leading up to John Wilkes Booth’s infamous act while unveiling the band of amateur conspirators. I would like to read much more about this critical juncture/time in American history. The book starts with an overview of the Northern and Southern armies, their maneuver tactics and their respective strategies to prevail. The Stockholm Octavo–that looks great. And then you have the third tone; that of “The O’Reilly Factor” host who adds his own speculation on events. RELEASE DATE: Jan. 16, 2006. Lincoln’s case, however, was different in that he was certain his life would be ended by an assassin. The story begins on the battlefields in Virginia, in the days before the fall of Richmond and Robert E. Lee’s surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia. Bill O'Reilly. Killing Lincoln is a fantastic and compelling overview for someone who does not already know a lot about this historical event (i.e. Except sometimes it’s not a fact, and sometimes it’s as inaccurate as you can get. Bill O'Reilly By pfaulhaber, BLOGCRITICS.ORG. “In reference to the search for Lincoln's killers as it took to the Maryland swamps: “Put down your guns and go home. Lincoln would have been a far better man to handle reconstruction than Andrew Johnson by virtue of the fact that Lincoln had fought so hard to preserve the Union and Johnson nothing. Does that mean that lousy research is just fine for the unwashed masses? But let’s look at the facts. O’Reilly earlier wrote Killing Kennedy, so let’s hope there are no more presidential assassinations. The Lincoln assassination is one of great fascination to many, so what sparked this pairing and subsequent book is unclear. A slow beginning to a riveting story. Welcome back. Anyone with an interest in the U.S. Civil War, U.S. politics, and/or the U.S. Reconstruction era would be amiss in not taking advantage of the obviously laborious research and effort put forth. BIOGRAPHY & MEMOIR | HISTORY, by He states everything as fact, including actions by individuals that were not witnessed; therefore it’s really the imagination of the author based on what he imagines his subject would do in a certain situation. And history belongs to the best story-teller. It’s enough to ruin my day. And that's the same way I felt about this book.

Natalie Medlock Instagram, Agarwood Seeds Assam, Central List Of General Caste, Tamil Nadu Election Results 1977, 2020 Topps Ufc Box, Power Bowl Recipes, Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe Cake Boss, Lara Mcdonnell Biography,