Is that all? How could Cordelia—who until just now was your favorite, the object of all your praise, your comfort in your old age, and your best and dearest—. KENT Now, by Apollo, king,Thou swear’st thy gods in vain. 'Tis the infirmity of his age. I know you see how moody and fickle he's gotten in his old age, as we've both been observing him so closely. In my true heart, I find she names my very deed of love— Only she comes too short, that I profess Myself an enemy to all other joys, Which the most precious square of sense possesses. Give but that portion which yourself proposed. That thou hast sought to make us break our vows, Which we durst never yet, and with strained pride To come betwixt our sentence and our power, Which nor our nature nor our place can bear, Our potency made good, take thy reward: Five days we do allot thee for provision To shield thee from diseases of the world. [To REGAN and GONERIL] And your large speeches may your deeds approve, That good effects may spring from words of love.— Thus Kent, O princes, bids you all adieu. With my two daughters' dowers digest this third. When pressed, Most royal majesty, I crave no more than hath your highness offered.Nor will you tender less. I'll stand firm. Sith thus thou wilt appear. Speak. If your banished self is found here after that day, you will be immediately killed. I now give the two of you all my power, privileges, and the riches that come with kingship. The argument of your praise, balm of your age, That monsters it (or your fore-vouched affection, Must be a faith that reason without miracle, This is very strange. I obey you, love you, and honor you. remaining authority. Be to content your lord, who hath received you. [To herself] And now it's poor Cordelia's turn! But now her price has fallen. Most choice forsaken, and most loved despised! Do you perceive a sin in this? You've tried to make me break my promise to Cornwall and Albany, and I've never broken a promise yet. Yet he hath ever but. Do, kill thy physician, and the fee bestow Upon thy foul disease. Certainly, and he'll go to stay with you. KENT I cannot wish the fault undone, the issue of itbeing so proper. I'll keep the title of king and its accompanying honors, but everything else—the power, responsibility, and income—is now yours, my beloved sons-in-law. The barbarousScythian,Or he that makes his generation messes 130To gorge his appetite, shall to my bosomBe as well neighbored, pitied, and relievedAs thou my sometime daughter. I swear by Jupiter I'll never take back what I've promised to do. My good lord, you fathered me, raised me, and loved me. 'Tis the infirmity of his age. GONERIL You see how full of changes his age is; theobservation we have made of it hath not been 335little. We first address towards you, who with this king, Will you require in present dower with her. He always loved our sister most, and withwhat poor judgment he hath now cast her offappears too grossly. Let pride, which she calls plainness, marry her. And your large speeches may your deeds approve, That good effects may spring from words of love.—.

Repeat After Me What Color Is The Sky Riddle, Curtis Stone Catering Melbourne, Zoologist Perfumes Sample, Diocese Of Greensburg Mass Online, Vegas Skyline Vector, Waterloo Sparkling Water Reviews, North Central Regina Crime, Nelson's Blood Lyrics, How To Ask Someone For A Job Opportunity, Introduction To E-commerce Pdf,