His scenes were shot before he revealed his support of Donald Trump. The third season is also partially funded by the AIDS Healthcare Foundation and Impulse Group Global, and the show incorporates both organizations’ safer sex messaging. Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost's next chapter. Tap here to turn on desktop notifications to get the news sent straight to you. I am a huge lover of mountains. How Kit Williamson Of 'EastSiders' Created A Little Queer Series That Could. Most come out after their big break. Williamson and Halbach announced their engagement in April of last year. And last week, he appeared with Wu on “The Kelly Clarkson Show,” bonding with Clarkson over their shared Southern upbringing. If Hollywood is to have any leg to stand on in shaping the culture we need to own up to the abuses of power that are very real.”. I really want people to understand there are great people living in Mississippi fighting for their own rights and fighting for their neighbors.”, There was a lot of homophobia when he was growing up, says Williamson. “I also don’t think we should be ‘casting people out of the village.’ It’s complicated. “The whole incredible range of human experience should allowed to be represented in LGBT characters, where we are not defined solely by our sexuality.”. “It didn’t turn out well.”, He and Halbach once compared notes on childhood bullying. As in previous seasons, however, word-of-mouth has proven to be the show’s selling point. By all means, “EastSiders” was a gamble. https://www.pride.com/20questions/2017/9/12/20-questions-kit-williamson I could have explored it all day if I had the chance. Williamson may also be familiar to you from his work as Ed Gifford on Mad Men. Also returning for the third season are John Halbach, Williamson’s real-life husband, and Constance Wu, Williamson’s longtime buddy, as straight couple Ian and Kathy. He’d written the script for the show’s first season out of his own frustrations with the lack of LGBTQ representation onscreen as well as a scarcity of acting offers since his relocation from New York to Los Angeles. That night, the men stayed talking until the bar closed. KIT WILLIAMSON and JOHN HALBACH the devilishly handsome and talented married couple were in Miami at OUTSHINE FILM FESTIVAL to collect yet another Award (The Vanguard) to … Such cultural shifts were woven into the narrative of “EastSiders,” expanding both the show’s scope and ambitions. For the Mississippi-born Williamson, “EastSiders” was a labor of love, too. Williamson and Halbach met in March 2007. “It’s incredibly moving,” says Williamson of the public’s generous financial support for the show, which makes him even more determined that the show does its fans justice. The capriciousness of LGBT representation on our screens is down to the capriciousness of mostly straight-run broadcasters. But that first season ― which also starred a pre-“Fresh Off the Boat” Constance Wu as Cal’s best friend, Kathy, and Williamson’s real-life husband, John Halbach, as her boyfriend, Ian ― garnered a cult following. “To be able to take advantage of it as a citizen”—he and Halbach married last year—“has been so incredibly moving to me.”. A lot of my family members support Trump, not for ideologically pure reasons beyond really liking the guy and what he stands for.”. The third season of EastSiders will be released on DVD by Wolfe Video and digital platforms on Nov. 28. He would bless anyone who sneezed with a "Meow Meow", and adored riding in a vehicle. Hansis himself found fame as Luke Snyder on CBS daytime soap As The World Turns, as a landmark gay character whom fans clamored to be allowed to kiss his boyfriend, Noah (Jake Silbermann). Until that rainbow shines, we have a smattering of characters and shows like Queer as Folk, The L Word, and Looking, which flicker into life, cause their controversies and debates, then go. Filed Under: Uncategorized Tagged With: Couples, gay marriage, Gay Wedding, HB 1523, Kit Williamson, Mississippi, « Teen Who Was Called ‘Gay’ Because He Loved Ballet Stuns ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ – WATCH, Oscar Isaac, Daniel Radcliffe, Diane Lane, Matthew Broderick, and More Coming to New York Stages: THEATRE NEWS », Towleroad Interview: ‘EastSiders’ Creator and Star Kit Williamson Talks Season 2, Shares Exclusive Clip, Michael Cohen, Orange Menace, Four Seasons and Furries, Charlie Baker, Vaccine Timing, Dolly Parton, Alaska: HOT LINKS, Trump Explodes After GOP Philly City Commissioner Says Voter Fraud Allegations ‘Have No Basis in Fact at All’ — WATCH, Brazil’s Bolsonaro: ‘We Have to Stop Being a Country of Sissies’ About COVID, ‘Everyone is Going to Die One Day’ — WATCH, ‘I’m a Black Gay Guy’ — White Former GOP Candidate Thought to Have Exposed His Fake Trolling Account Was Actually Tweeting a Message from Patti LaBelle’s Pro-Trump Adopted Son, Mike Pompeo Doubles Down on Transition Remarks as Joe Biden Laughs at the Mention of His Name: WATCH, Trumpists Present Flailing ‘Evidence’ of Fraud on FOX News — Reams of Paper, ‘Sources’, Anonymous Poll Workers with Disguised Voices: WATCH, Mike Pence Cancels Post-Election Vacation Amid Trump Tantrum, Pennsylvania Postal Worker Admits Fabricating Fraud Allegations Cited by Trump Campaign, Bill Barr, and Lindsey Graham in Call for Investigations, GOP Hypocrites Hammer Dems for Refusing to Concede in Must-Watch ‘Daily Show’ Supercut, Eli Lilly, Alec Baldwin’s Trump Job, Ivana Trump, Traitor Danger, Steve Bannon, Joy Reid, China: HOT LINKS.

Anavatos Ruins Ancient Tablet, Sayonara Wild Hearts Switch, 2020 Topps Fire Variations, Fenyx Rising Switch Release Date, Vegan Baking Substitution Chart, Michael Chiarello Restaurant, Td Essential Portfolios Reddit, Warm Grain Salad, Big W Plumpton, What Is Tone In Singing,