Off the pitch, things are about to get even better – and busier – as he and his wife Laura are eagerly awaiting the birth of their second daughter. The former Bournemouth star, who has scored twice in 31 appearances for the R’s this season, said: “My Instagram page is to show people they don’t have to eat like a rabbit to be fit and healthy. I didn’t know a lot about diet and nutrition and I want to give younger people – not just athletes – recovery tips and strategies. 539.9k Followers, 598 Following, 350 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Mallory Pugh (@malpugh) It’s not certain when football will return yet but one thing that is… you should be following @thefoodiefootballer on Instagram. “Refined carbs give you sugar spikes so I don’t use many of those. “Back then I made mistakes going into games and felt lethargic because of what I’d eaten. “Cooking could be my way of helping out at home because the wife had a lot on with breast feeding and things like that.”. Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Marc Pugh’s Instagram account is probably a bit different to the majority of professional athletes that you follow. “I was a terrible cook when I was younger; really bad,” the 33-year-old joked. This coincided with Pugh completing an 18-module course that focused on recovery strategies through diet, nutrition and fitness. Midfielder Pugh completed the online course to help out his wife, who had a lot on her plate being pregnant with their second child at the time. Create an account or log in to Instagram - A simple, fun & creative way to capture, edit & share photos, videos & messages with friends & family. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. We kept winning games so we thought it was a good omen! Pugh is 26 years old and, on the pitch, things are going brilliantly. “Football is all I ever wanted. “I want to learn as much as I can about different subjects.”. ⠀ ⠀ The health and energy benefits of this bowl are endless! The 18-module qualification covered body composition, metabolism, body nutrition, fitness and helped him with performance and recovery. Food is fashion at the moment; almost seven million people tuned in to the final of 2019’s Great British Bake Off. “I used to have pizza as a pre-match meal when I was at Shrewsbury as a 21-year-old. “It was really difficult to begin with. “I like to get a lot of colour on the plate. Joel Osteen, Anthony Robbins, Shawn Stevenson, Ed Mylett and James Smith are his regular listens and an autobiography audiobook or two may also get some airtime in the car, with Tyson Fury’s ‘Behind The Mask’ being his pick of the bunch. “I don’t like to call it a ‘diet’. MARC PUGH has given footballers plenty of food for thought while in lockdown. “I’m dreaming big on it. Also in there 18 years together, Pugh was told ‘you won’t make it as a professional’ by Burnley – the club where he completed his academy scholarship – and, whilst on his honeymoon, ‘you’re not good enough for League One’ by the Shrews. For other inquiries, Contact Us. A Personal Trainer course is also on Pugh’s to-do list but, before that, success on the pitch is his priority and it remains his first passion, football, that fuels his ever-growing ones. That does not mean it is all kale and quinoa though — even if he is partial to the latter. There would also be big potential benefits to be reaped on the football pitch by learning more about the scientific side of the game. He’s three years into what would end up being a nine-year stay at AFC Bournemouth and The Cherries have just won promotion to the Championship. And with players currently stuck at home fending for themselves, he urged them to follow his lead and use the time to take up cooking. Now, I’m around five or six per cent and I’m feeling better than I did when I was 22 because I’m a little bit more educated and knowledgeable on everything.”. I’m big into that. And Pugh’s account does allow for an occasional football photo, too, the most recent being a screengrab of the full-time score from Rangers last game; a 3-1 away win at Preston North End. I just need to piece it all together. QPR winger Marc Pugh is the next to feature in our Isolation Interview series as he tells the story of his @thefoodiefootballer Instagram account and explains where it all started. I placed them on some brown sourdough toast.⠀ ⠀ I served with slice avocado topped with chilli flakes and went a bit fancy by placing a small piece of smoked salmon in between sliced radish and cucumber ⠀Finally I garnished with fresh chopped coriander ⠀ #thefoodiefootballer ⠀, A post shared by Marc Pugh (@thefoodiefootballer) on Apr 19, 2020 at 1:23am PDT. “The start of this season was a big challenge for me because I was a bit-part player and was getting 10 minutes here and there. “I’m really in to positive affirmations too and one of my favourite quotes in life is ‘hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard’. Nous voudrions effectuer une description ici mais le site que vous consultez ne nous en laisse pas la possibilité. Pugh’s food-to-football image ratio leans towards the former, though, which only highlights his ever-growing interest in food and nutrition. A 5.30am alarm, 6.15am departure and two-hour drive to Harlington provides him with some time to continue his education, be that on nutrition, fitness, recovery or positive thinking. I never do that now. I’ve got better, educated myself and I’m not a bad cook these days! Social media influencer Joe Wicks – who shot to fame with his ‘Lean in 15’ meals and fitness regimes – now boasts over 10 million followers across his platforms. “My body fat was always around 10 or 11 per cent and I wanted to bring that down to try and get the best out of myself. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here. News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. 13.1k Followers, 688 Following, 373 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Marc Pugh (@thefoodiefootballer) A League One promotion winners’ medal, Championship league title and five years as a Premier League player are to name just a few. Post Sunday workout breakfast ❤️⠀ ⠀ I scrambled my eggs together with a dash of almond milk, chopped spring onion, salt and pepper. I still love it and, as much as I am enjoying time with my family now, I am missing football too. Comments are subject to our community guidelines, which can be viewed, Marc Pugh has racked up 8,500 followers on Instagram as a budding chef, Marc Pugh shared his tasty recipes with his followers on Instagram, The QPR star has urged his fans to follow his lead while stuck in lockdown, Man Utd star Paul Pogba nutmegs his mum while out on walk, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). “I do have a bit of a sweet tooth but mostly I use natural sweeteners like dates and honey. It could improve your game and your fitness.”. The Pugh family – which comprises of Marc, wife Laura and their two daughters – still reside at their home in Bournemouth. “At QPR, we have got some good, young quality mixed with good experience. I want people to enjoy seeing my cooking and I’m looking forward to achieving that goal.”. “There are some scones with jam and cream on there because my missus did it for our kids! Can @thefoodiefootballer get himself a slice of the pie?

Pre-made Picnic Baskets, Perl Template Tool Kit, Tattoo Artist Movie 2020, Calare Election Results 2019, Murders In Lloydminster Ab, Pronunciation Of Bear In British English, Vegan Lemon Bundt Cake, Nintendo Switch Controller Rechargeable Battery Pack, Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars Nutrition Facts,