Can you share where I can pick up the elderflower cordial in Vancouver? Would be good if I can use it up. I just use all-purpose as it’s what most people happen to have in their pantry. Oh awesome! Gradually beat in the eggs, one at a … Converting pan sizes is always tricky. Definitely excited to give it a go. I don’t think that amount of flour would have made much of a difference, but thank you for pointing that out, I’ll update it! This is such a gorgeous, elegant and royally perfect cake. I hope it lives up to your expectations! Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, add the remaining cake ingredients and beat with … I have just tries making this cake as a trial for my daughters wedding next year. I love the rustic elegance to it — the juxtaposition of the ornate gold stands with the rustic flowers and frosting. so I should have just used it straight up. Haven’t tasted because as you know, I really don’t like the sugar but I was pleased with the look. You can freeze this as well if you have extra or just reduce the recipe slightly. You can reduce the sugar in the cake to 1.5 cups. Thanks for the feedback . To test that the cakes are cooked, insert a cocktail stick or skewer into the centre; if it comes out clean the cakes are ready. It’s a fave of mine . Good Food Deal To make the syrup you would follow this recipe and add either dried elderflower, elderflower heads (umbles), or elderflower liqueur to it. Divide the mixture between the … How long does it last after making? I could order the one you linked to Amazon but it won’t arrive in time. They definitely don’t stay perky on the cake for too long that’s for sure. I was wondering if it would be possible to just double the recipe and let it sit while the various layers were baking? I’m going to try self raising and baking powder next time I try. When the cakes are cooked, poke all over the surface with a cocktail stick then spoon the lemon and elderflower syrup over the cakes. Mix again until smooth. Best wishes You did a great job replicating the royal wedding cake! In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Grease and line the base and sides of 3 x 20cm cake tins with baking parchment. Wrapped with Saran Wrap and put in frig, then frosted the next day.This recipe is a keeper! Hi Olivia- Hi Tamara! It came out very well. Do you plan to use the elderflower cordial or syrup to brush onto the cake layers as per the recipe? I am attemting this cake for my daughters wedding in July. Add 2-4 Tbsp elderflower cordial (to taste) one Tbsp at a time whip until smooth. Hi there! Hi Alelia! Hi Pat! I want to make a Gluten-Free version of this cake. I hope that makes sense!! Do you think the cakes will be too thin, or will that work? Re: the soft frosting, this is not uncommon — it’s usually due to either butter being too soft and/or the meringue still being a touch warm. I even found the Elderberry cordial at my local home goods store! For the curd, it’s possible it needed to be cooked longer if it was too runny. It is very hard to find a perfect recipe . Perhaps your oven runs a bit hot. Any thoughts or suggestions? When you have a light and fluffy mixture, add the flour, the liquid in the jug and the lemon zest. q1. Is it possible to overmix the buttercream? I have a question before I attempt it, how on earth do you get your swiss meringue buttercream so white? Your blog inspired me to finally try baking cakes. Oh, wow! Lemon curd can be made in advance as well. Wanted to make sure before I take the plunge. Converting pan sizes is always tricky. I would like to make this cake for a wedding in June. Then I used a. What about the lemon curd? Didn’t add any colour to make butter icing white. I’m thinking of making this cake for my wedding next year and freezing it a few weeks in advance to save on time. Brush with elderflower cordial.***. It’s absolutely stunning and very elegant. Hello! https://chelsweets.com/2019/06/10/how-to-put-fresh-flowers-on-a-buttercream-cake/, https://www.cookipedia.co.uk/recipes_wiki/Cake_tin_conversion_charts, https://livforcake.com/swiss-meringue-buttercream-recipe/, https://www.bottlegreendrinks.com/ca/cordials/, https://www.wilton.com/cake-serving-guide/cms-baking-serving-guide.html, https://www.cooksinfo.com/all-purpose-flour, https://www.kingarthurflour.com/learn/high-altitude-baking.html. Would using cake flour improve this cake? Thanks for the feedback, I’m so glad you liked it (and that it worked well as cupcakes!). Caster sugar would work great for the buttercream for sure though! Regardless though, you’d need a buttercream dam (per my instructions) as the curd would never be strong enough to support the layers. I baked this cake at 350 degrees for 20 mins (because I wanted to rotate them 1/2 way through), and after 20 mins they were burnt! Hi, This may be the issue people are having. I’m thinking maybe if you are overseas, I’m in the US, maybe the four there has more/less protein than ours? I am so excited to share this cake with you today, as it’s my version of Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding cake. I had only done American buttercream prior. I think I might actually attempt this recipe. Hi Lu! I’m baking this cake for my nieces wedding, I just wanted to check how deep your cake pans are – 2 or 3 inch. So the cake shape is a lot flatter than pictures. I would make sure to chill it overnight so it’s cold and the frosting is firm when you get to the venue. You will have some curd left over which you can freeze if you like or use in another dessert. It needs about 2-3 hours to come to room temp and will be fine for a few hours after that. My bestie got engaged so I decided to make the royal wedding cake. Alternatively, you can use a white chocolate ganache dam instead as that sets more firm. I kept a watchful eye on the cakes while they were baking and instead of cooking them for 35 minutes, I ended up cooking the cakes for 25 and they came out moist and perfect. Is that a typo?? One thing you could try is whipping your butter before adding it to the meringue to lighten it up in color. FYI…elderflower cordial is at Save-On in Edmonton. I made this cake last night. I made this cake, and it won me the office bake off!! You can email it to me at [email protected] . Hi Nadine! How long does these cakes last? thanks and greetings from Amsterdam, When I was whisking the egg whites and sugar on the double boiler, it took longer than 3 minutes to be “no longer grainy to the touch”. This recipie has been so easy to follow. No mishaps apart from the handmixer giving up and I had to make the last mix with a hand whisk. I’m so glad you like this recipe and others! Be sure to do a buttercream dam to hold in the lemon curd filling and cook the lemon curd long enough so that it’s thickened. I thought maybe it had to do with the Swiss meringue icing consistency, so I made some for my mom’s 89th birthday cake. If the cake came out tough that could be due to too much flour and/or overmixing the cake batter. Converting pan sizes is always tricky. No need to be embarrassed at all! Regardless of the amount of lemon curd, you must do a dam of frosting around the perimeter of each layer to hold in the curd. I was not shy about “brushing” the cakes with a St.Germain simple syrup – the cake was moist and wonderful. Enjoy! also, would you recommend adding elderflower to the cake batter for extra flavor? Could I sub cake and pastry flour and add an extra 1tbsp per cup, or does the ap flour provide more structure for the cake? Finally turn the cake whilst holding a palette knife down the side to scrape away some of the buttercream so the sponge is visible underneath. For the Cake: Cool the layers, double wrap in plastic wrap, freeze for up to 3 mos. Transfer to a glass bowl and lay plastic wrap directly on surface to prevent a skin from forming. Hello, Olivia! Thank you for your response. Best wishes Jan. Hi, I was wondering if I’d be able to make this cake in three 6″ pans? For the butter cream I did a combination of elderflower cordial and liquor. I will check youtube I hope you and your mom like this cake as much as I do! I was wondering what size and how many cake rounds you used for this cake? Hi Shabeen! Sounds like a good plan, let me know how it goes! 1. I made this cake last night. Sorry that wasn’t clear. The cake looks really gorgeous and the flavors suit each other really well. So easy to make. No worries at all! As for tips — be sure to whip it for a good bit on med/high after you add the butter (about 5mins). Both? Are you sure??? I love it!!! Hi Janice! Hi Debs! I questioned the 45 min. Hi Jim! Also, thank you for the lemon curd recipe…so much easier than I thought! The syrup and cordial are basically the same thing. Your elegant cake immediately caught my attention. Frost the top and sides of the cake with remaining frosting in a rustic manner. Do you know of anything else that would account for such thin layers? I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out perfectly. What I would like to know is if I halve the recipe could I make a smaller version? I can’t possibly imagine making 16 recipes of it for the wedding cake. The cake should not be dry, especially with the syrup and lemon curd. Even here i couldn’t find elderberry cordial I replaced it with mezcal . You can try reducing it in the curd too, though I’m not sure how it would affect the texture. Cake flour will work fine but would make for a less dense cake if you prefer that. So glad to hear everyone loved it! This recipe looks amazing and I can’t wait to try it out, however I need to make the cake gluten free. . I’m so happy to hear that everyone liked it!! I want to make this for my Aunt’s 25th wedding anniversary next month” so this weekend I tried to make it and shared it to my friends. Thanks! Embarrassed to ask, but what is a crumb coat please? Hi Liv, thanks for the delicious recipe! Turns out a refrigerated cake is great on a 95 degree day anyway! Any excuse to make a cake and try something different, right?? Place final layer on top and do a thin crumb coat on the cake. I will say, I wish the instructions for the buttercream and lemon curd went before the cake, as a help for recipe-challenged people like me, who tend to miss the “sit for 3 hours” at first glance. Hi Lauren! I loved watching the Royal Wedding so this is absolutely perfect. Slowly add cubed butter and mix until smooth.**. Yay! Hi Claire! I used IKEA elderflower concentrate for the buttercream, and had to use twice the amount recommended, but it’s a huge bottle so no worries there! I first tested with a toothpick at 20 minutes and it pulled out clean but it was very achy looking and didn’t spring back it clearly wasn’t done. Hi Donna! Hi Shabeen! Bake for approx. If you only have one pan, I would adjust the recipe and do it in batches — one at a time. Hi Liv, I made this recipe, except I used American buttercream as I prefer it. There’s a lot of mixed feelings out there about the cake, but I think it looks beautiful. Thanks Tanya!! Hi Mary! Sorry, me again. Thanks! Did you use butter or substitute anything? Required fields are marked *. Yay! Many thanks x. Hi Laura! Hi Louise! Hi Marie! I altered my recipe a bit. Decorate this simple elderflower and lemon cake with edible flowers for a showstopping celebration dessert. So glad you liked it, thanks for the feedback! Not dry but pretty dense. https://www.cooksinfo.com/all-purpose-flour. Regards and thanks For the mixing you want to make sure that you don’t mix too much once you start adding the flour. For the lemon curd, I modified a recipe we used in pastry school (it’s SO good omg).

Big Day Out Poconos, Aleksej Pokusevski Scouting Report, How To Check How Many Good Faith Violation Webull, Fidelity International Video Interview Questions, Clear American Sparkling Water Moscow Mule, Jamie Oliver Chicken Drumsticks Recipes, Garden Of Life Raw Organic Meal Vanilla, Show Me A Sign Chicago, Assassin's Creed 2 Condottiero War Hammer, Plan Toys Dollhouse Furniture, Lullaby In Ragtime Chords, Sky Falls Nc, Assassin's Creed Credits,