The lemon flavor is not too overpowering, and the lemon aroma is vaguely fragrant. I've tried 1 1/2 - 2cups and it was way too much. This time, I have walnuts so that will go in it. Ingredients ⅓ cup butter, melted 1 cup white sugar 1 lemon, juiced 2 large eggs eggs 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon salt ½ cup milk 2 tablespoons lemon zest 1 cup fresh blueberries 2 tablespoons lemon juice … The best Lemon Blueberry Bread is made with Greek Yogurt, fresh or frozen blueberries, and a simple icing. and powdered sugar together for topping. I also put some milk lemon juice 2 T. butter (no dieting here!) Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 350* for twenty minutes was just right. I used a little over 1 T. (3 lemons) zest and it came out just fine. The bottled stuff made it taste a little bland. Though the bread itself is dense, the taste is light and moist; the blueberries add a nice burst of flavor. I just had my first slice of this ( I couldn't even wait for it to cool down! The first time I made this recipe all the blueberries sunk to the bottom (even though I dredged them in flour) and a big chunk of the loaf stuck to the bottom of the pan. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, juice and eggs. For the glaze, combine 1/4 cup sugar with 2 tablespoons lemon juice. This will be made again! Fold in lemon zest, nuts, and blueberries. Good lemon flavor. I will make a note to say to use fresh lemon juice, not the bottled stuff. The lemon added to the fresh blueberries. Please enable JavaScript in the browser settings and try again. Everyone loved it. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. It turned out absolutely delicious! For the wet ingredients, you’ll be using some oil, sugar, … I'll try again with modifications - I want so much to like this one! Brush on remaining glaze once it's done. I didn't have a lemon so I used 4 TBS of bottled lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of lemon extract. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Amount is based on available nutrient data. You saved Blueberry Lemon Bread to your. And this is one recipe where adding too much blueberries will work against you. Wonderful recipe. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Fold in the lemon zest and blueberries. Remove bread from pan to wire rack; cool completely. I got exactly 12 muffins out of this recipe that were medium sized. It is phenomenally delicious!!! 241 calories; protein 3.9g 8% DV; carbohydrates 36.5g 12% DV; fat 9.5g 15% DV; cholesterol 45.4mg 15% DV; sodium 276.6mg 11% DV. Very moist and with the glaze, this is more like a coffee cake. Only thing I did different was I didn't melt the butter like it states in the ingredients section. The flavor of this quick bread was quite good, I really adore the combination of lemon and blueberries. This was such a great combination of flavors. (Use powdered sugar for the glaze and increase by 2 tablespoons to thicken or else it's too runny and will run right off the cake) It's VERY soft coming out of the oven, so once it's cooled, cover it and refridgerate for a few hours or overnight to let it set or it will break coming out. The crowning touch is the lemon glaze. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. of cooking, brush the top with some of the glaze and put it back in the oven. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I make it without the glaze and it is still fabulous. First, add the lemon juice to the milk and let it sit while you prepare the other ingredients, this will make a buttermilk. This recipe is almost the same as the Lemon Blueberry Bread on this site, which I have also made. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/211928/lemon-blueberry-bread Add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk. This site requires JavaScript. Meanwhile, combine lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Most of them sink anyway, but a little flour does help. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. 315 calories; protein 4.9g 10% DV; carbohydrates 54.7g 18% DV; fat 9.5g 15% DV; cholesterol 68.1mg 23% DV; sodium 285.7mg 11% DV. Very yummy snack! This bread is great. It was very thick and it only took mine 60 min in the oven. Congrats! This recipe is born from my love of … I was thinking that using powdered sugar would be a good idea for the glaze the first time I made this and seeing a review from someone else with this suggestion means I will have to try that as well. The only I might change the next time is reducing the lemon flavor just a bit, so that it doesn't overpower the blueberry taste. Congrats! With a few changes this bread is wonderful!! In a medium … Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. I made it with both and the fresh is way better. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. But the cake didn't seem to be compromised by it at all - in fact, I might just use that same amount the next time I make this - because it was good, just as I made it. I think the nut aspect is a personal decision, whichever you want to use. The added lemon peel makes the glaze taste just like candied lemons, and what I did was drizzle on top of the cake during the last 10 minutes of baking. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I will also try making smaller loaves - a full size loaf took an hour and a half to set in the center and the edges were burned. I followed the recipe exactly except that I only had 1 tablespoon of lemon zest. I think the last time I made this, I had pecans on hand, so that was what I used. The lemon flavor was just perfect. Beat together the butter, granulated sugar, eggs, lemon zest and lemon juice in the bowl of an electric mixer. Wonderful recipe. You could smell the lemon while it baked. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Ingredients ⅓ cup melted butter 1 cup white sugar 3 tablespoons lemon juice 2 large eggs eggs 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt ½ cup milk 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest ½ cup chopped walnuts 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries 2 tablespoons lemon juice … I think the nut aspect is a personal decision, whichever you want to use. Sweeten up your family's day with our Lemon-Blueberry Bread Recipe. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I also increased the butter to a full stick. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. The bread baked up in about 60 minutes, and it looked picture perfect coming out of the oven. This bread came out just as I expected it to be. Add to flour mixture; stir just until blended. Drizzle over bread while still warm. I just used soft butter added the sugar till light and fluffy. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Second, add the lemon zest to the sugar first and stir it around with a fork, this will release the lemon oils into the sugar and give it more flavor. It still turned out great! awsome loaf- everybody loves it! Solid recipe. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.

Christmas Dinner Restaurants Near Me, Emina Masquerade Face Mask Sunflower Seed Oil, Puneeth Rajkumar Family, Big W Capalaba Closing Down, Dave Robinson Moorestown, Recent Montreal Murders, Get Smart's Bruce And Lloyd Out Of Control Full Movie, How Old Is John Elway, Types Of Customer Relationship Management Pdf,