Easy Lemon Pound Cake with Lemon Glaze is a simple recipe using the Cream Cheese Pound Cake base and adding a zesty lemony glaze—it's fresh, pretty, and lip-smacking good! We made pound cakes on holidays, Sunday dinners and rainy summer days. Pound cake has been around since the 18th century. Big Mama makes fantastic lemon cakes. Keep beating until the batter comes back together before adding another egg. My mouth waters at the thought of each bite melting in my mouth. Usually when baking a cake you have to be careful with making changes because the cake won’t rise properly or the texture will change. This recipe makes the moistest lemon pound cake! Beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, then add the lemon zest. This ingredient adds two elements to this lemon cake recipe. Each bite is bursting with zesty lemon flavor and topped with sweet and tangy icing. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside. Get new recipes delivered to your inbox at a frequency that works for you! I was taught by none other than my Big Mama: a woman who could whip up the perfect pound cake in minutes from what seemed like thin air. Set the cake the right way up. If it is too runny, add … I decided to use a base of cream cheese to add incredible flavor, an unbeatable texture and a wonderful taste. Copyright © 2020 Brunch Pro on the Brunch Pro Theme. (Plus How To Video!). The dense slices also hold up well to being toasted or even grilled! In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the butter. I am not a certified nutritionist. Best Lemon cake I ever made or eaten. Add room temperature cream cheese, butter and salt to large mixing bowl and begin creaming on high speed until smooth. Even the ratio has been adjusted a little in today's recipes, the result is still a very dense, buttery cake. This lemon pound cake is great to serve when you have company, but it’s also nice to have around for a special dessert or a sweet treat with a morning coffee. My family loved it. To this I added 1/3 cup of lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of lemon zest, and a pinch of baking soda. or if you love an amazing citrus cake, try this Mandarin Orange Cake. Add the vanilla. Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low to medium just until yellow disappears. Sift the flour with a pinch of salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. Take a risk and watch it pay off. Recipe from Good Food magazine, July 2017, New! Tart, sweet and filled with lemon flavor, you will adore this Cream Cheese Lemon Pound Cake Recipe with a secret ingredient for years to come! I’m excited to try more. To make the syrup, put the ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Fold the flour mixture into the batter, alternating with the buttermilk and lemon mixture. Pound cake is a fantastic delivery system for fresh fruit. You may want to set the pan on a cookie sheet covered with foil in case the cake overflows while baking. I added in some additional lemon zest. How to Make Lemon Pound Cake. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 20 minutes then flip onto wire rack. If you want more pound cake recipes, click HERE, Filed Under: Cake, Dessert and Baking, Easter, Father's Day, Mother's Day, Spring Recipes, Super Bowl and Game Day Party, Winter Recipes | 454 Comments. After you have poured your batter into the prepared pan, give it a sharp tap or two on the counter to pop any air bubbles in the batter. Pound cake has been around since the 18th century. I have an affinity for all things lemony. The basic pound cake recipe calls for one package of cream cheese mixed with 3 sticks of butter, 3 cups of sugar, 6 eggs, 3 cups of flour, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract. What makes this cake really special beyond the lemon flavor is the moistness of this cake. To this I added 1/3 cup of lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of lemon zest, and a pinch of baking soda. My two aunts make great lemon cakes as well. But that doesn’t mean that adding new flavors and remixing the classic can’t be just as tasty. Some of the glaze goes on while the cake is still a little warm, so some of it soaks down into the cake, then the rest of the glaze is poured over the cake once it’s cooled. Add the melted butter, and beat on high speed until thick. Cut a piece of parchment paper so it covers the bottom of the pan and goes up the long sides of the pan like a sling. Lemon Pound Cake (Ultimate Lemon Cake Recipe) - This is the Best Lemon Pound Cake on the Internet! Grandbaby Cakes Cookbook Blogger Tour Cake Walk and GIVEAWAY! Beat until smooth. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2019 Grandbaby Cakes | Privacy Policy, This post may contain affiliate links. I’m a cook and writer, food and wine fanatic, and recipe developer. Now, don’t go all crazy. It is a tradition in my family to bring this cake whenever we have a get together. Each bite will melt in your mouth. This lemon pound cake recipe is probably one of the best I have developed. Lower speed of mixer to medium and add one egg at a time and mix until incorporated. I’ve created and tested hundreds of recipes so that I can bring you the best tried and true favorites. Followed recipe and was concerned about it not having any flavoring– lemon or vanilla– but the pudding took care of it. Gradually add the lemon juice to the icing sugar and mix until just smooth. Bake the cake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester or thin paring knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Slow mixer to slowest speed and add flour one cup at a time into bowl until just incorporated. Learn how your comment data is processed. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. The cakes are most often baked in either loaf pans, or bundt pans. The short sides shouldn’t be covered. Trust when I say it makes this cake no ordinary lemon bundt cake. Add the butter to the dry ingredients, and beat with a hand mixer on low speed until the mixture starts to form clumps. Be sure and check out my cookbook, Favorite Game Day and Party Recipes, to help make your parties fabulous! Don’t get me wrong, you can absolutely never go wrong with a classic pound cake. Slowly add sugar and instant pudding to bowl and cream until light and fluffy which takes about 5-7 minutes. Even my mother has a fave citrus lemon and lime cake (her 7 up cake and my big mama’s sour cream pound cake recipe, which you can add lemon flavor to is a must try if you have it!). In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or beaters), cream the butter and … Yellow Cake Recipe with Chocolate Frosting. The texture it creates is just perfect because it creates less gluten in my cake. March 4 is National Pound Cake Day. Think about how moist a pudding is. If you put it in a cake, I will eat it. The New York Times, Peach Rivalry Becomes War Between the Tastes by Kim Severson, Copyright © 2020 Southern Food and Fun | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Pork Chops with Caramelized Onions, Capers, and White Wine, Country Fried Steak Sliders with Caramelized Onions, Peach Rivalry Becomes War Between the Tastes, 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice. Pour batter into the prepared pan and place in cold oven along with a 2 cup oven-proof measuring cup filled with water (about 1 ½ cups). Make it for afternoon tea or for a summer picnic. Jocelyn Delk Adams of Grandbaby-Cakes.com, lemon instant pudding (just use the mix/don't cook this!).

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Sequence 9 Memory 1, Jamie: Keep Cooking And Carry On Episode 5, Is Propane Soluble In Water, One Stop Bedrooms, Certificat D'immatriculation In English, Making Cosmetics Reviews, Dany Garcia Movies, How To Substitute Monk Fruit For Sugar, Highest Rank In Military, Wheat Flour Calories, Lifetime Allowance Calculator Standard Life,