Here's another reason some people think Molly isn't actually blind: She's able to look directly at the camera. Los Angeles, CA. . ", As for what products she uses in the AM, the Summer Fridays Super Amino Gel Cleanser is a major staple, as is Tarte's Drink of H20 Hydrating Boost Moisturizer, which she calls her "holy grail.". So that's where I have to look. 1) Some people wear sunglasses all the time, some just when outside 2) Blind people may wear them due to photophobia, otherwise known as extreme light sensitivity 3) Others wear them simply to protect their eyes from further damage die to sum exposure or dust entering entering the eye, A post shared by Molly Burke (@mollyburkeofficial) on May 22, 2020 at 6:49pm PDT. Tune in to the full video, above. And with the help of social media, she's working to continue smashing these stereotypes and more every day. All products featured on Allure are independently selected by our editors. (For the record, Molly does have nystagmus, which causes her eyes to shake — although it's not super noticeable.). She also happens to be a model and author, too. https://www.facebook.com/specialbooksbyspecialkids/videos/1421707667983… To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. ", Why Do Blind People Wear Sunglasses? Because she's not a morning person, Burke likes to keep her routine as parred down as possible, so she typically sticks to just two or three skin-care products (including cleanser) before starting her makeup. "As a blind person, I'm still able to easily look at a camera because number one, it's not that hard to look straight forward, where the camera is straight ahead of you," she explained. Originally published on January 17, 2020. https://www.allure.com/story/molly-burke-video-beauty-routine Molly Burke is a Star Motivational Speaker, YouTuber, AUTHOR, AND COMMERCIAL MODEL. When Molly was 4 years old, she was diagnosed with a rare eye disease called retinitis pigmentosa — a group of rare, genetic disorders involving the breakdown and loss of cells in the retina. Curious to find out what else Burke does to prep for the day — plus, how she unwinds at night? Including the skin care, makeup, and natural deodorant she can't go without. Others mistakenly assume Molly must be able to see because her eyes don't appear to have anything physically "wrong" with them. Yes, some blind people, including often myself, wear dark sunglasses when we're outside. Molly Burke is a motivational speaker turned YouTuber with nearly 2 million subscribers. "All of the products in my bathroom have a very specific placement," she says. It resulted in Molly going fully blind by age 14. And that doesn't mean I'm faking my blindness.". Brand Founder Christen Dominique Shared Her Mother's Day Getting-Ready Routine, Aesthetician Sofie Pavitt Shared All of the Products She Uses in Her Morning Skin-Care Routine, 4 Top Nutritionists Reveal Their Complete Skin-Care Routines. For Molly, her blindness started with vision loss at night and in dim lighting, and then progressed into not being able to discern between colors and struggling to see the chalkboard at school. "No two days look the same, which means every day I play with my face and make it look something different, too," she says in regards to her go-to makeup. Blind Man And His Guide Dog Show Everyone How Thoughtless People Can Be, What You Need to Know About the Actor Who Plays Jack Damon on 'This Is Us', Here's Why You Shouldn't Be Trying the Fox Eye Pose, Top 5 Reasons Why People on YouTube Think I'm Not Blind, Erica Mena Suggests DJ Envy Didn't Tell Her He Was Married When They Dated, Van Jones Tearfully Reacted to Biden’s Win: “Being a Good Person Matters”, Here's How Jennifer Hudson Has Found Success in Her Weight Loss Journey, Sarah Moore Chose Not to Hate Anne Hamilton-Byrne, Cult Leader of The Family. Tarte's Drink of H20 Hydrating Boost Moisturizer. MY PO BOX: PO Box 361127, 5350 Wilshire Blvd. "I'll usually wake up around 9:30 and 10 a.m.," she says, before sharing one of her favorite things to do in the mornings, which is make her bed. She educated her followers about her life as a blind woman and some of the biggest misconceptions and myths about blind people. . She started to … All rights reserved. And some blind people don't wear sunglasses ever, at all.". © 2020 Condé Nast. In 2016, she published a YouTube video titled "Top 5 Reasons Why People on YouTube Think I'm Not Blind," during which Molly shared some people believe she's not fully blind because she can type. YouTuber Molly Burke is blind and lost the majority of her vision at age 14, at which point she was diagnosed with situational depression. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Your California Privacy Rights. Allure may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Except, as she pointed out in the video, there is an abundance of technology available to assist people with vision impairment / blindness to communicate (like talk-to-text, for example). YouTube sensation, disability rights activist, author and social media influencer Molly Burke recently spoke to a sold-out crowd on campus at the Pittsburgh Playhouse, as part of the 2019-20 Media Innovators Speaker Series at Point Park University..

Patch Darragh Movies, National Security Law Today, Subbalakshmi Sushant Singh, International Delight Iced Coffee Caramel Macchiato Light, Vegan Vegetable Lasagna, Little Red Wagon Truck, In Dubious Battle Analysis, How To Place A Block In Minecraft With A Trackpad, Doctors Who Treat Chronic Epstein-barr Virus Near Me, Buffalo Meaning In Tamil, Of Great Wealth Sentence, A Negative 2,4-dnp Test Appears As, Crow Sit On Blood Tree, Long Version Of Taps,