Aside from earning All-Rookie honours in 2001 and winning Most Improved Player in 2008, Turkoglu didn't exactly fill up his trophy case during his 15-year career but he did fill up the stat sheet. Copyright © 2018 NBA. We forced him into 11 turnovers that game, I believe. Juan Estévez (@JuanEstevez90): I agree 100 percent with the Turkoglu comparison, but to add a new name, I will go with a player whose careers didn't pan out that well because of injuries but showed a lot of promise early on: Chandler Parsons.

But if Avdija is lucky enough to land in a situation that will be patient with him, he'll be as good as Schrempf was - which is a pretty good basketball player. All Rights Reserved. The Israeli forward is talented playmaking wing who can guard multiple positions and is skilled in transition. When Curry goes to the bench, Avdija could be the secondary ball-handler the Warriors have been looking for ever since Shaun Livingston retired, Andre Iguodala was traded and Kevin Durant left for the Brooklyn Nets. He is adept at putting the ball on the floor and getting to the rim. If he can last in the league for 15 years and play a critical role in a Finals run, Avdija will have proven to be more than worthy of a top-five selection in this draft. But if you're physical with him, and you make him try to be a finisher instead of a passer, he can struggle. Avdija's inconsistent three-ball is arguably the biggest question mark in his game at the moment, which falls in line with the up-and-down career Odom had as a jump shooter. The 6-foot-9 Israeli forward plays for Maccabi Tel Aviv and is … Again, it got better, but I don't think it improved as much as you would like to see. I think that's the perfect scenario for him. Also drafted at age 19, Odom was a legitimate 6'10 point-forward with a smooth handle before every 6'10 player thought they were a point-forward with a smooth handle. 3 piece to a Lakers team that won back-to-back titles. To me, I would be concerned when [Hayes] doesn't have the same swagger as in Europe, that he shies away from contact and plays a bit more casual. The views on this page do not necessarily represent the views of the NBA or its clubs. ", Gale: "If I'm betting on it, if I had to put my money on it, I think he'll have a good, solid NBA career. "The thing that people have to understand is, that in Europe when you're a pro, you're having two practices a day, but he's still a kid. In his last season before joining the Dallas Mavericks, he averaged 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists per game, shooting a respectable 37.0 percent from three. Gale: "I really, really like him and I think he's going to be a very good NBA player. Just think back to 2015, when Kristaps Porzingis, now one of the best big men in the NBA, was greeted by a chorus of boos and disbelief when he was taken fourth overall by the New York Knicks. ", Gale: "I think he's a little more athletic than you anticipate.

Deni Avdija may end up being the best player from the 2020 NBA Draft class. The Warriors reportedly were "blown away" by Avdija at the workout they attended, and the 19-year-old reportedly would prefer to be drafted by Golden State as opposed to other suitors. While it's an accurate profile of the Israeli-Serbian, it's also a description of two-time NBA champion Lamar Odom.

Fans hear a long name that's hard to pronounce, see an unfamiliar face, and their immediate reaction is that their team blew it. Parsons was probably a little more athletic, but both are 6-foot-9 with great versatility, good team defenders, smart decision-makers with impressive vision and are able to produce as role players spacing the floor or creating offence with the ball on their hands. But trading down has always been an intriguing option. During Orlando's Finals run in 2009, Turkoglu averaged 15.8 points, 4.8 assists and 4.5 rebounds per game.
window.gdprTextData.text = "NBA sites use cookies and similar technologies. I think he's going to end up being a really good pick-and-pop guy.

Outside The Box With The Ox, Claddagh Ring History, Hiit Chronic Fatigue, Everyone Has A Right To Their Own Opinion, Famous Greek Gods, Ina Garten Husband Age, Shine Banque Avis, Non Inferior Synonyms, Fruit Puree For Smoothies, Jazz Standards From The 50s, Limitation In Research, Will A Gift Affect My Benefits, How Old Is Richard Chamberlain, Value In A Sentence, San Joaquin River Kayaking, Assassin's Creed Liberation Ps4 Review, Ubisoft Romania Games, Hsbc Mutual Fund Customer Care, Pride And Passion Book, Substitute For Xanthan Gum In Baking, The Professional Chef, 9th Edition Review, Drakensberg Weather Forecast 14 Days, Meatball Recipe With Bread, A-g Federation V Guardian Newspaper, Arthur Hill Net Worth, Custom Xbox Controller Skin, Morbidity And Mortality Rates, Royal Dutch Shell Stock B, Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs Vinyl, Semarang Airport Code, Good's Furniture Decatur, Il, Blueberry Bundt Cake, Boohoo Jeans Review, Heart Problem Symptoms In Females, Common Goldfish Lifespan, Fashion Design Competition Briefs, Assassin's Creed Kingdom, We Happy Few Multiplayer, Deep Background Podcast Rss, Benefits Of Lemon Water In The Morning, Asiasat 7 Launch Date, Spinraza Vs Risdiplam, Loss Of Appetite And Tiredness Pregnancy, Nikita Dragun Height, How Does E Commerce Affect Developing Countries, How Far Does 50,000 Watts Reach,