Social Change and Opportunity Fund (SCOF) Evaluation, Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice, page 5. WISG Queer Sisters Run, 2018 Credit: Women’s Initiatives Supporting Group. They are your professors, your doctors, and your classmates, and they could use your help in changing our world. What is the dispersion medium of mayonnaise? The goal of feminism is gender equality. Astraea believes that it’s our responsibility as funders to work to ensure that grantee partners have what they need to heal, survive, thrive, and build power. The relational theory of the psychosocial and moral development of women is emphasized by cultural feminism. Radhi, SUNY Stony Brook3. I vote to make my parents proud and to show them how grateful I am to them for everything they've sacrificed for me. googletag.cmd.push(function() { No task, big or small, is insignificant or should be seen as unworthy of praise and appreciation in an organization guided by the principles of feminism. That means feminist leadership is also about sharing authority and power and making decisions collaboratively. The gig economy continues to hold back the nonprofit sector. Identifying how we can respond to and intervene in generational trauma and violence, healing justice promotes resiliency and survival practices that center the collective safety and well-being of communities as integral to our liberation. African Feminist Charter: English, Français, Português, Wolof, Kiswahili, Arabic Congratulations, you believe in the basic tenets of feminism. (2019). To effectively address gender-based violence, for example, philanthropy must take up the distinct harms faced by LBTQI women and non-binary people who are targeted with violence that seeks to enforce discriminatory gender norms. Funders should assume that this support is needed, especially for grantees facing multiple oppressions and/or working in hostile contexts, and make it available. As millennials, we are entering adulthood with technological access to information on every injustice in the world. The Black Youth Project (BYP100) is a national organization that was at a critical juncture in its organizational history in 2018, as its its first national director prepared to step down at the end of the year. Feminism is in no way too radical to jeopardize your career or dreams. Feminist Funding Principles is an invitation to engage in a thoughtful rigorous practice that acknowledges the power of purposeful grantmaking.
, As A First-Time Voter, My Voice Has Never Felt More Important And Heard, The 5 Things You Should Know Before America Recycles Day. For example, when considering strategies to address climate change, there are rich opportunities to learn from climate justice movements rooted in feminist framings that integrate gender, racial, economic, and migrant justice and promote community-owned infrastructure and assets. Donors can support these kinds of peer exchanges and learning opportunities by drawing connections across country and regional programs, and engaging with grantee partners about what they most need. Concurrently, donors can strengthen cross-issue analysis within their portfolios. State of Intersex Organizing (2nd Edition), page 7. But President Trump still says he "WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT.". A recent evaluation of Astraea’s policy-focused grants found that a critical outcome was supporting grantee partners to shift dominant narratives about gender and sexuality, expanding public understanding of LGBTQI issues in their national contexts.7 As community leadership plays a critical role in making change real, base-building and grassroots organizing are also necessary components of an effective policy change funding strategy. Feminist issues have become a major topic of interest in popular culture, with many celebrities and politicians speaking on behalf of the movement.