I was in Emilia Romagna in 2015, in the very small village of Farneta, which is near Montefiorino. Prosciutto is such a wonderful product, and I’m now in awe of all that goes into making it, from beginning to end. Once dry, the legs are hung on wooden frames in well-ventilated rooms, with natural breezes from the outside. Left to freely roam the farms, the pigs are fed a wholesome diet of natural forage and leftover whey from the production of Parmigiano Reggiano. I absolutely love the real thing and the taste is like no other that try to say it’s the same. I can almost feel what it must have been like to take your tour of this fascinating place. I’ve added the Prosciutto di Parma tour to my list of things to do on my next trip to Italy. Watch and discover a healthy combination: Prosciutto di Parma and vegetables. With ParmaShop you can taste the real Parma ham PDO. Christina is on a mission to save authentic Italian dishes from extinction, and is constantly promoting Scottish (and British) food as some of the best cuisine the world has to offer—one steak pie and sticky toffee pudding at a time. Watch and discover a blissful marriage: Prosciutto di Parma and mozzarella. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Find a store or restaurant near you! Prosciutto di Parma. Cutting The leg must have a good surrounding layer of fat and, above all, a certain amount of internal veining which gives flavour to the cut slice. This symbol is how you know if the Prosciutto di Parma is guaranteed authentic! Only after it passes inspection is the second and final stamp with the 5 point ducal crown given to the ham. best way to eat prosciutto, Cavalier Umberto Boschi, Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma, DOP, how to eat prosciutto, Parma, Prosciutto, Prosciutto di Parma, […] feels and tastes more premium compared to regular hams, thanks to its curing process, which usually takes up to two – or even three – […]. Each impossibly thin slice of cured pork packs an abundance of salty and satisfying flavor that varies depending on how (and where) it's made. A friend, Gabriella Costi, owns a hotel in Farnetta, but she is also an internationally recognized chef. Your email address will not be published. Haha! Avvolta attorno ad un grissino, distesa su un trancio di pizza, distribuita in un panino o adagiata comodamente su un piattino da aperitivo: da qualunque punto di vista la si guardi, la fetta di prosciutto crudo di Parma DOP ha sempre un suo perché.. E il prosciutto crudo di Parma di … Before slaughter, the pig must: Spend just $99.00 more and enjoy free shipping. The aging of the pork may only be done in a controlled zone around Parma, in particular, the area of Langhirano. PORK What a fascinating process of how it’s made – thanks for that, Christina. Watch and discover how cheeses and Prosciutto di Parma are best friends. But I’ve never been there, sadly. Only a qualified inspector from the Istituto Parma Qualità can give the brand stamp of approval. Why don’t you go, Mimi? God bless!! I love prosciutto & cantaloupe best, but anyway you eat prosciutto is great! Il Prosciutto di Parma è senza dubbio uno dei salumi più prestigiosi e dalle origini più antiche tipico di Parma e provincia. The Parma Crown means an authentic 100% natural product: no additives or preservatives, just sea salt, air and time. This cooling phase: Help spread the word. Our producers are only located around Parma, within the Emilia Romagna region of Italy, where the mountain air is sweet, dry and aromatic. Ready to try Prosciutto di Parma? Excellent on its own, Prosciutto di Parma pairs well with rustic bread, juicy melon, and creamy mozzarella. Prosciutto is best with a little cheese, bread, and wine. Thank you for following along and hope you are able to manage some travel soon, too! Picnic Baguettes Filled with Parma Ham, Parmigiano Reggiano, Pea Shoots and Basil Mayonnaise, Basil, ricotta and walnut Parma Ham cocktail quiches, Largo Calamandrei, 1/A - 43100 Parma - Italy - Phone: +39.0521.246211 - Fax: +39.0521.243983, Prosciutto di Parma in The world’s 50 best foods of CNN Traveller, Traceability and Total Transparency for the PDO Pig Production Chain, Protected Designation of Origin: 100% Italian. Yes! 1. The time-honored methods are 100% natural: no additives, just sea salt, air, and time. Food is of the utmost of importance to Italians and the government makes sure to protect it and the old methods which are tried and true. Cooling FAT Prosciutto di Parma, DOP. I enjoy eating it as is, with cheese of course! An age-old tradition passed on from generation to generation, Boar's Head Prosciutto Di Parma bears the Ducal Crown certifying it is crafted under strict quality controls in Parma, Italy, from specially bred pigs.

Emily And Sylvia Handmaid's Tale, Teething Cream For Baby, 1999 Maharashtra Election Results, Up The Downstairs Case Harlem, Ps3 Vs Xbox 360,