Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker. The PlayStation was huge, significantly larger than the Xbox Series X or any previous PlayStation console. Here are the official dimensions of the standard PlayStation 5 and the discless Digital Edition of the console, as revealed via the PlayStation Blog: PlayStation 5. My intention was to hide something like an Easter egg or something that the player can find after they buy a PlayStation 5. Form-factor wise, I drew a perfect line around it and tried hit the perfect size. AEW Wrestling Game To Rival WWE 2K Details Announced, Huge Xbox Series X Appears On Lake Ontario To Give Away Free Games, Spider-Man: Miles Morales Features a Black Lives Matter Tribute, The Best Vigilantes to Recruit in Watch Dogs: Legion (& Where to Find Them), Fall Guys Dev Helps Children Affected By War With Wholesome Charity Stream, New D&D Region Makes For Perfect Gothic Setting, Assassin's Creed Valhalla Full Map Revealed (Including Asgard, Jotunheim), Twitch Streamer Pokimane Gets Slammed For Generous Donation Cap, Animal Crossing Players Pay Tribute To Jeopardy’s Alex Trebek, Every Week 11 Xtravaganza Challenge in Fortnite Season 4. In the beginning, I didn’t know how engineering was going to achieve what we were trying to do. Morisawa sat down with The Washington Post to discuss his inspirations and the design process behind the eye-catching PS5. It was kind of a tough decision in the beginning. Think about a microorganism gathering to build a larger design. All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers. It’s kind of funny that engineering actually told me it’s too big. Sometimes it looks like a plant or some animal or some object. “When I started drawing, it was much larger even though I didn’t know what engineering was going to do," Morisawa said. Yes, except for a special editions, we’ve always used those colors. It’s really something beyond what we had already. I don’t have [a PS5] yet. “When you design something, you want to make it feel comfortable. But people already found out about that, so I can talk about this. PS5 size: Approximately 390mm x 104mm x 260mm, or 15.4" x 4.1" x 10.2" (width x height x depth) PS5 weight: 4.5kg or 9.9lbs PS5 Digital Edition dimensions and weight Cody is Screen Rant's Game Reviews Editor. (The Washington Post illustration; Sony Interactive Entertainment). It would disturb the player while they are playing. [laughter] If I could get one, personally, I would go for both. (Sony Interactive Entertainment), The PlayStation 5 (Sony Interactive Entertainment), The iconic PlayStation controller shapes can be seen on this closeup of the DualSense wireless controller. Examinations in how they differ can be quite nuanced, but one point of comparison that's quite obvious when it's actually observed is console size. For the PlayStation 5, we tried to eliminate what was already there. I didn’t know what to expect in the beginning. the price and release date of the PS5, Final Fantasy 16, the sequel to 2018's God of War, Hogwarts Legacy, and much more. I wanted to simplify it and make it universal. The shapes represent users’ energy or emotion. New next-gen console illustrations from Twitter user and illustrator keisawada show just how massive the PlayStation 5 size is when compared to most devices, including next-gen consoles like Xbox Series X and Series S. The PS5 size discussion has been on-going since its specs were first revealed, and vice president of UX design at PlayStation Matt MacLaurin stated earlier this summer … Now that consumers have the PS5 price and release date to compare to Microsoft's Xbox Series X and Series S launch plans, they've begun diving deeper into side-by-side rankings of various qualities shared by the devices. Should it look like the PlayStation 4’s successor or should we go beyond whatever we designed before? I think it’s good energy. Still, it's quite jarring to see just how much space the PS5 will take up on shelves and entertainment units across the world - provided people managed to actually pre-order the next-gen console - and it's a good heads up for consumers who may need to adjust how they furnish wherever they plan to have the console. I knew it was going to be larger because I know how much power there was going to be, so I knew how much air flow you would need and how much space for a heat sink. It appears next-gen gaming may tax not only gamers' wallets, but their physical spaces too, and those with small living quarters may need to seriously plan ahead to fit them in nicely. While Xbox Series X has PS5 beat in terms of width when they're both upright, everything else in the comparisons is dwarfed. Yujin Morisawa talks the inspiration behind the PS5′s shape, his approach to its size and how he views the reaction to his work. I designed both [the standard and digital editions of the PlayStation 5], so I would buy both and place one vertically and one horizontally. This is the planned next generation of the PlayStation gaming console line-up. According to Sony, the PS5 sits at 15.4 inches tall, 10.24 inches deep, and 4.09 inches wide. Yujin Morisawa (Fukui Satoru /Sony Interactive Entertainment), An early sketch of the PlayStation 5, designed by Yujin Morisawa. I wanted to say that the player’s energy and power and emotion are building to make this form. 390mm x 92mm x … Click the button below to start this article in quick view. Things Ghost of Tsushima Doesn't Tell You. The PS5 absolutely towers over its competitors when it's positioned vertically, and the illustrations make it look an awful lot like having a PC tower directly beside a television. When you look closer, you actually see some familiar structure to it. Tips to help you win. I tried to maximize the space inside and I tried to form and sculpt around what’s needed and what’s not needed on the outside. New next-gen console illustrations from Twitter user and illustrator keisawada show just how massive the PlayStation 5 size is when compared to most devices, including next-gen consoles like Xbox Series X and Series S. The PS5 size discussion has been on-going since its specs were first revealed, and vice president of UX design at PlayStation Matt MacLaurin stated earlier this summer that console's size was due to a need for internal cooling power. As more information about the system came to light, something else became apparent. This is the PlayStation 5, so five dimensions really fits. PS5 Console Images - Taiwan's National Communications Commission. If you look at something really new, you react and say “what is it?” You don’t know how to react to it. Or purchase a subscription for unlimited access to real news you can count on. I tried to sculpt the invisible mass in between the player and the mechanical engineering. New next-gen console illustrations demonstrating the PS5 size compared to other devices really hammers home how huge Sony's PlayStation 5 is. So, I actually had to shrink it down a little bit from the first drawing. Despite being in a field ostensibly about critiquing and enjoying quality games, his most played game of 2019 was Fate/Grand Order - something unlikely to change in 2020 and beyond. I came up with the term “five dimensions.” When thinking about the experience we have, it’s kind of, you are living in a parallel world or you’re jumping around time or space. You kind of understand afterwards. Video game news and analysis. Related: What Happens When PS5 Preorders Run Out. For the controller, it acts as a grip. We have to spend time on it. Width: 15.35 inches (390 mm) Even the texture, or color, or small details. Dimensions. Sometimes it looks like a plant or some animal or some object. It's not just about PS5 versus Xbox Series X when it comes to console size comparisons, either - the Nintendo Switch is already renowned for its portability and sleek aesthetic, and PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and even PlayStation 5 Digital Edition and Xbox Series S will be competing for gamers' entertainment area space come this holiday season. But Morisawa was not fazed by those playful comparisons — he was encouraged. I think that’s more comfortable than something that’s weird, or something that they’ve never seen before. I’m not offended or anything. The shape’s pattern already shows what the button is going to be. You really don’t need a color for the buttons. I think that [design] expressed the aura of a powerful machine. The PlayStation 5 is 390mm (15.35 inches) tall, 260mm (10.23 inches) deep, and 104mm (4.09 inches) wide, which arguably makes it the biggest … Next: PS5 Launch Game File Sizes Give Fans Idea Of PlayStation Storage Demands.

Types Of Construction Industry, Police Reports Northampton County Pa, Cloacal Respiration Turtles, Full Size Mattress Set, Best Automated Trading Software 2019, How Long To Pressure Cook Chicken Breast, Nigella Pasta Sauce With Anchovies,