Reviewed in the United States on July 25, 2017. No improvement on the earpads though. Bottom line on the Plantronics RIG 400HX Plantronics knows how to make great audio gear and for $50 the RIG 400HX is no exception. It's definitely the wheat that stands out amongst the chaff. This is the best I’ve ever had. With a quality score of 9.9, PLANTRONICS Rig 400HX Gaming Headset features as one of the highest ranking products in the Headsets category. There's a lot to like here. These work great! Twitter. It sounds great, it's extremely comfortable and the passive sound isolation is very good. Bottom Line: This is very much a no-frills headset for your Xbox One, but at $50 it offers terrific sound quality and comfort. Yes, the headset is comfy, but it takes going through congress to work. 0. Although, this product isn't terrible. The volume is great, even for a game like PUBG where you're listening for the smallest details. There are reasons why an Audio-Technica or Sennheiser gaming headset lists for $200 or more. I love the detachable mic so if i'm not in-game chatting i can remove it. Not very adjustable for different head sizes. Comparable to my Turtle beach ear force tangos even! Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. It only has a 3.5mm connection, so you can use it with things like phones, tablets, even laptops. Aside from a few niggles about the appearance and that it … I gotta say, if it wasn't for the fact that the Rig 400 does work with the Astro mix amp, I probably wouldn't use them. This writer’s opinion is 100% his own and not a paid product ambassador. I was surprised that it was so easy to bend. If you’re someone with above average sized ears, the earcups will protrude a bit. Reviewed in the United States on March 23, 2020. 796. But if your PC has a split microphone/headphone jack, there is no adapter in the box, which means now you've just got a pair of decent headphones with a vestigial microphone. I went from a wireless set up to this and am pretty happy. The main takeaway here is the RIG 400HX does a phenomenal job at being a budget pair of headphones while still retaining features the high-grade headphones have. Great headset. I'm not a fan of wireless headsets so I try and stick with the best wired headsets. It's a no-frills, no-nonsense headset that proves you can get a great experience for very little outlay. For just $50 you're getting a solid headset here from a well-known and respected brand. I thought this would be a good bargain. All photographs are the copyrighted property of Beantown LLC 2016. I'm not as afraid to drop them as I am my Astros. Do you agree (or disagree) with any part of this Plantronics RIG 400HX headset review? Plantronics knows how to make great audio gear and for $50 the RIG 400HX is no exception. This is because the headset is made primarily for Xbox One. An interesting note is instead of one cable coming down from the headset; there are two cables just like those of ear buds. ESPECIALLY if you can snag a refurb deal from under 25 bucks. This purchase was a bust. This is all gaming headset, all the time. There are some out there that are perfectly usable as a pair of headphones when you're not gaming, and while you can do that, the RIG 400HX isn't subtle in any way. This score is reached from a combination of product testing, customer reviews, expert reviews, brand reputation and 3rd party product tests. Reviewed in the United States on March 7, 2018. ReddIt. I was skeptical at first because of the low price but after testing it out it seems that these are one of the best headsets you can get for the price. Sign up now to get the latest news, deals & more from Windows Central! The end result is a headset that's very light and comfy and can easily be worn for longer gaming sessions. The 3.5mm connector means it won't be great for all PCs, but if you're a multi-console gamer it's also good to use with the PS4. Filed Under: Gaming Hardware, Headphones Tagged With: gaming headphones, Plantronics, RIG 400HX, RIG400HX, Xbox One 03/06/2017, Copyright © 2020 Beantown LLC - All Rights Reserved, Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Review - SonicPro Headphones. This is an awesome headset. We’re eager to hear your thoughts. When it comes to gaming headsets, there are plenty of things to remember when making comparisons. I adjusted the headset, but it continued to hurt. I wanted to give this headset 3 stars but I felt I'd be lying. It's very light and is super comfortable to wear. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. You can unsubscribe at any time and we'll never share your details without your permission. Uncomfortable for extended use. It is light weight, super comfy, and can be adjusted to fit most everyone. Currently, on Best Buy and Newegg, the Plantronics RIG 400HX headset goes for $50. You don't get surround sound at this price, but you'll feel plenty of boom and it has a decent range all around. Sound is adequate, Reviewed in the United States on June 16, 2020. Destiny 2 and all of its expansions are now available through Xbox Game Pass, but it's quite a daunting title to dive into. They don't slide up and down like regular headphones and most headsets. Xbox Series X and S continue Xbox's support of mouse and keyboard control, so we rounded up the best keyboards to use with your next-gen console. The earcups are thick as hell and trimmed in cloth, not leather or PVC, which I prefer (less heat and thus less perspiration). Ear cups have very good passive sound isolation. These are fit for extended use. The passive sound isolation is also pretty excellent from those massive ear cups. I gotta say, if it wasn't for the fact that the Rig 400 does work with the Astro mix amp, I probably wouldn't use them. The RIG 400HX is an entry-level gaming headset, designed primarily for Microsoft’s Xbox One, and is available in two patterns: all black or camo. I absolutely love it. And don’t hesitate to head over to the Plantronics Gaming website to see their latest gaming gear. PLANTRONICS RIG 400HX Gaming Headset scored an incredible 9.3 out of 10 on it’s review score. The 40mm drivers in the RIG 400HX deliver a really strong sound for gaming. Also tried it for extended use while gaming on my Xbox. By. A solid, very affordable Xbox One headset that might have passed you by. The microphone detaches, which is awesome, and there's also an inline remote for volume controls and muting when you don't want to be heard. Due to their slightly smaller sized earcups, some users will and just barely have their ears fully enveloped. Unfortunately, this headset upon closer inspection looks cheap; makes me wonder if it's a knockoff. Feel free to follow Plantronics on Twitter and Facebook as well as this very blog on Twitter and Facebook. It only costs $50, and while you don't get anything particularly fancy, you get quality where it matters most. You wouldn't go outside using this headset as a pair of headphones. My friends and I tested the mic and its great for commentary over gameplay. The microphone sounds decent, albeit you won't be using it for any serious creative work or anything. This headset also isn't entirely compatible with the PC. The cord itself is on the short side, about 4′ long. They are very light weight and comfortable on the top of your head. The ear cups can move along the vertical just enough to get comfy, but if your head doesn't fit this headset no amount of tinkering will make it fit. Not nice. We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Let’s take a closer look in this Plantronics RIG 400HX headset review. They are also very durable. 8.6 out of 10 for quality, 9.4 out of 10 for price and 9.1 overall. Durable, lightweight, comfortable, Neutral sound. Black Friday deals from $10: Save big on Echo, Fire TV, and more at Amazon right now. Reviewed in the United States on March 27, 2020. But not everyone wants or can afford to spent a lot on an expensive, high-end headset. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. In this design, the lowest notch is the biggest while the uppermost notch up is the smallest. Its comfy, but if you wanna use the mic like any other player then kiss your sweet money goodbye. Aside from a few niggles about the appearance and that it just won't fit everyone properly, it's mostly all good news. This 40mm-driven gaming headset with a $50 list price is worth a long look. The earcups have a good looking pattern to them, nothing to get excited over, but way better than if it was a plain design. Learn more. For an entry-level product, the Plantronics RIG 400HX gaming headset has good sound quality. The RIG 400HX has an inline volume control and microphone mute, efficient noise canceling and 40mm dynamic sound drivers. For what it's intended for, party chat, it sounds fine, maybe a little muffled but there are no real complaints. It would be easier to snort rocks than to talk with this. Destiny 2: Beyond Light is here, and that means a new Power level grind is here too. It's entirely black plastic, sure, but what else would you expect in the budget segment? Recently, I had the opportunity to test one of these Xbox One headsets. That doesn't mean you have to settle for a lousy experience, though. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Plantronics Rig 400Hx Stereo Gaming Headset, Black - Xbox One, See all details for Plantronics Rig 400Hx Stereo Gaming Headset, Black - Xbox One, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Boston's Digital Lifestyle & Consumer Tech Site. Here's how you can get to Power level 1,200 and above as fast as possible. My son has been using them for 6 months and has had ZERO issues. Save big on Echo, Fire TV, and more at Amazon right now. The headband is trimmed in the same material and is equally thick and cushioning. One neat feature is that the earcups are detachable, allowing them to be adjusted using a three-notch system. Share. I actually do like this headset because it's so light weight and the sound without the Astro mix amp is still better than any Turtle Beach headset in my opinion. I would like to receive mail from Future partners. I thought maybe these weren't "broken in " yet so I continued to use them for a week. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon.

Perfect Sense Full Movie Watch Online With English Subtitles, Jameela Jamil Deaf, Liner Terms Definition, Betty Crocker Butter Yellow Cake Mix Instructions, Jamie Oliver Christmas Cake, Subbalakshmi Sushant Singh, Iweb Replacement 2020, Coconut Creamer With Collagen And Mct Costco, Best Catch And Cook Youtube Channels, Can I Use Coffee Creamer Instead Of Milk In Pancakes, Bangalore South Pin Code, Yungblud Tattoos Meaning, Another Name For Zucchini, Social Media Post Synonym, Brandon Manitoba Tornado 2020, Abbreviation For Topical, Seconds Out Round One Boxing, How To Hold A Trombone, Introducing Feminist Theology Clifford Pdf, Rhino Poaching Essay, Drunken Sailor Fisherman's Friends Lyrics, What Day Is Jsa Paid, No Sugar Success Stories, 17th Lok Sabha Members List, Devvon Terrell Tour, Buttermilk Coffee Creamer Recipe, Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson Summary, 401k Withdrawal Penalty Calculator, How To Make Breading With Flour, Calvin To Leaving Chek News, Satisfactory Solar Power, Tom Baker Chef, Restaurant Supply Store Near Me Open To Public, Diy Duvet Cover With Buttons, Ravensburger Puzzles 1000 Pieces, Beef Ribs Bbq, Maharashtra Congress Mla List 2020, Castillo Del Morro Translation, Unemployment Rate Synonym, Smirnoff Alcohol Percentage, Etrade House Call, Sub Zero Chapter 57, Blackthorn And Grim Series Book 4, Buy Korean Ramen Online, John Steiner Books, Leonard Cohen Novels,