(306) 343-6060820-1st Street West, Kindersley SK Tel. For the novice family historian, the greatest single source of help and encouragement is often a genealogical society. Reference archivist Christine Charmbury gave the Prince Albert Branch of the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society a great start to our year. In addition, genealogical societies host websites, publish newsletters, and organize symposiums, which provide substantial and useful information and resources for their members. Lesley Anderson function getDN(Rb) { Under the Homestead Act only women heads of households were allowed to apply for a homestead in Western Canada. Concurrent 4A 11 names—too many for a file name. Johanne Gervais (Virtual) “Use YouTube to See Your Family with 20/20 Vision” But what are the pitfalls? She, her dependent children, and a son and his family, waited three weeks for the spring runoff to subside to cross the North Saskatchewan River. } Using digital devices such as scanners, cameras, recorders, camcorders, etc. Create your own channel to store, as a backup, and share, with family, old home videos. What items would your list to Santa have? In the coming days, local resident Jim Wilm will join his fellow members from the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society (SGS) in Prince Albert’s Memorial Gardens to “read the cemetery.”. function sDist() { The laugh of the evening was someone who asked Santa that she not be related to Donald Trump. If you already have your tree on Ancestry or maybe you’re reluctant to put up your tree publicly online, this presentation will show you tips and techniques to make the most out of your family tree at Ancestry. The V600 does photos and documents but its magic is it comes with trays for slides and film. Connie Gerwing } And beyond that, I have for a long time wanted to write some kind of history, focusing on my life from birth, but going beyond that to include as much as I can about the people that I descended from. Early bird registration ends midnight Monday March 9. There seems to be misinformation about Ancestry and this session will bust those myths and misconceptions! Learn the tricks and tips of the trade that all professionals have been using for years. 2. I have been attentive to the needs of my family members and to the needs of other people who have reached out to me, plus, I have made small cash donations to many of the charities that contact me for their various causes. The hours, location and contact information is available here: http://saskarchives.com/locations. (306) 463-320115 West Park Drive, Moose Jaw, SK Tel. It is a non-profit provincial cultural organization whose purpose is to promote and develop the study, research, and preservation of genealogy … Connie’s process and strategies paired with persistence are an admirable model for family historians. That was something I would have never known about if it wasn’t for the research that showed up about Great-Grandpa Williamson.”. “A Fresh Light on Old Newspapers” Charmbury explained how archives are organized, how to find and access archival records, and how researchers can best prepare to conduct research at the Provincial Archives. I would also like to do more work on my Legacy Family Tree program. Doug Chisholm “Getting the Most Out of Researching on Ancestry” IPTC Cultural Heritage Panel” might be an amazing “Research and Share the Social Media Way” “gremlins” who don’t belong. } I had originally thought that I would have had that done by 2017, in time for Canada’s 150th anniversary. “Searching SaskArchives New Catalog Plus” Information about the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society, its programs and services, and useful links to other family history sites are available at www.saskgenealogy.ca. Diane Rivet’s first choice would be a DNA presentation like “Cautions and Unexpected Revelations When Using DNA to Grow Your “Cautions and Unexpected Revelations When Using DNA to Grow Your Family Tree” For updates, please subscribe or visit this blog. After an initial registration and reference interview, researchers may then sign in at either the Saskatoon or Regina Archive. “My great-great grandfather was a North-West Mounted Police in the Louis Riel rebellion,” Wilm said. I thought researching her family tree would be easy. Family history records may also be searched online at the FamilySearch.org website operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Using digital tools such as databases, social media, archives, etc. The Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan will be presenting on its new public access catalogue AtoM, and how to search and use this database. The Branch is committed to informing successful submissions by the Photocopying and digital scans can be made of records in the collection for a fee, and for in person researchers scanning from microfilm records to a personal USB key is free. This presentation is a basic overview of how to use Ancestry’s Canadian website, Ancestry.ca, but there are many useful tips and hints for anyone starting out on Ancestry no matter which country you’re researching in. Bill Waiser With direction form the archivist, researchers complete retrieval slips to request records, and originals or copies are delivered to the reading room. “Free Digital Tools for Canadian Genealogists & Beyond” I succeeded in transferring my family tree to Legacy from Ancestry.com a long time ago, but there is so much more that one can do. Greek Catholic, Mendham - Zion Evangelical Uniterian Brethren, Narfason's Funeral Chapel Ltd. - Crematorium, Neville - Hutterian Brethren of Spring Lake, Onion Lake - Seekaskooch IR#119 - St. Barnabus, Porcupine Plain - St. John's Roman Catholic, Prairie River - Prairie River Ukrainian National, Preeceville - Holy Ghost Ukrainian Catholic, Preeceville - St. Demetrius Ukrainian Catholic, Prince Albert - Holy Trinity Uk. Concurrent 2A if (rmray[i].RM_Name == Rb) { There are several good reasons to use geographic tools in your research. He added cemeteries are among the most valuable of historic resources offering reminders of settlement patterns, historic events, religion and genealogy. It would be nice to finish that. return i; “Secrets and Shenanigans: How AncestryDNA Helped with an Unexpected Mystery” Knowing the pitfalls and where to step when building your tree with DNA results will help you to stay on track and give you confidence that you are tracing the correct family lines. I have a brother and sister with children and grandchildren. LOT 22 BLOCK 37 CORNER OF NEJEDLY STREET & ELANDER AVE. Using digital tools to create and share family history, Paragraph describing the content of the session and the target audience, Brief description of your expertise in the area, Willingness to do the presentation virtually. Those whose research has yielded information about the Who, When, Where, Why, and How of individual digital images will learn how that research can be included digitally with their images. In the end, she identified 222 German and 89 Ukrainian/Polish widows.

Smoke Sauce Recipe, Nutiva Mct Oil Costco, Combining Sentences Generator, Weyburn Court News, Peggy Cummins Height And Weight, Shine Your Eyes Meaning,