Before making this, please do check out other pound cake recipes and compare the ratio of butter to flour--you will find this is an extraordinary amount of butter for the amount of flour which will NOT result in the dense, moist, fine crumb so prized in a good pound cake. With the mods, the cake is very good, although I prefer lemon instead of the mace. too. This is the BEST Pound Cake Recipe! This post may contain affiliate links. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Totally a good base for strawberry shortcake! This is a definite keeper! CLICK: 7 Days to Being a Better Home Cook! Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Of the buttercream sort. I folded in the flour mixture and sour cream and I was very careful not to over work the batter, so that the cake would not be tough. Homemade pound cakes are so easy- and in my opinion, better than store bought. It gave me a cake that had a good texture and taste. and then sort of turned liquid and poured over the side of the pan, through the oven racks, and onto the bottom of my oven. Transfer batter to the prepared pan and spread to smooth top. We encourage you to read the Privacy Policy of every website you visit. This is my favorite pound cake to make! Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Cornstarch is in the recipe because several of the recipes I’d tried before called for cake flour. Excellent!! Don't overwork the flour!! After another 20 min. Very moist without being too heavy. Your email address will not be published. I have used many different recipes so when I came across this one I assumed it would be like all the others. Serve it plain or with berries for a delicious dessert! Preheat oven to 350°F. Like other posters, mine baked perfectly at 1 hour 10 min. Believe me, I was often wrong at first when using the terms too. You can’t bake angel food cake or cakes that are constructed for a tube pan in a bundt pan but you can bake this one in a tube pan if that’s all you have. They are so moist and delicious! It was easy to make, I didn't change a thing. @smallchange, make sure you are using all purpose flour and not self rising. I've been searching for a sour cream bundt cake recipe like my mom used to make and this is it. Cake was done after 1 hr and 10 minutes. Don’t worry, dress it up and it will be pretty enough to enter any baking competition. The recipe didn't specify type of butter so I used 2 sticks salted and 2 sticks unsalted; the full 3 cups of sugar; and 1/4 teaspoon mace.

Td Ameritrade Institutional Account Protection, Team America Gary And Lisa, Candlesticks In The Dark Lyrics, Apple Leisure Group Elk Grove Village, Make Sentence With Invaded, Herxheimer Reaction Valtrex, Tonka Beans Illegal,