It’s beyond pop music.’, ‘His second album, came out in 1978. This moving documentary follows Rob Burrow in his fight against motor neurone disease, with his family and friends - including former team mates Kevin and Barrie McDermott - giving their moving insight into this remarkable man. Watch the seriously rockin' set over on BBC iPlayer. The death of Glen Campbell filters through during the final half-hour and Whiley’s young team handle the incoming report sensitively, playing out with Wichita Lineman. ‘Bye, just now.’. May 14. Vanessa takes your calls for All Request Friday. He squirms as he recalls once informing his listeners that, after a show, he liked to go home ‘to relax myself off’. The comments below have not been moderated. Review our. ‘Then certain things happened overnight and we woke up to our alarms at 4:30am saying, “We’re out? ‘Not in recent years, no,’ he grins, referring to his early days of experimenting with the controversial ‘zoo format’ of radio that he introduced to Britain. “What Freddie had, and what I never had, was the clear understanding of needing to entertain.” A unique insight again on the new episode of The StageLeft Podcast, where lead singer of Smile, Tim Staffell, discusses being schoolmates with Freddie Mercury, starting a band with Roger Taylor & Brian May, suppo…, What a privilege to be invited the the house of Queen Keyboardist for 35 years – Spike Edney, to discuss lip reading Freddie Mercury at Live Aid to ensure he played in time due to the lack of onstage monitors, the intricacies of choosing set lists, playing Trivial Pursuit with Freddie Mercury, his thoughts on the prospect of playing a Hologram conc…, We were recently asked by Jamie Nicholls to be a guest on the excellent Chasing the Sun podcast, where we discussed our favourite stories from the past 4 years travelling up and down the UK and travelling across Europe to produce the show. Evenings might loom long and empty without Jo Whiley’s breathless accounts of muddied music festival madness. Were Steve Wright not to appear in the afternoon, something wouldn’t be right; two o’clock cups of tea would stay suspended in some nightmarish holding pattern as we awaited our daily delivery of ‘factoids’. ‘I never know who to believe about the correct amount of sleep we’re meant to have.’ At present, Feltz confirms, she gets by on about five hours a night. As the disease takes its toll physically, he speaks of his determination to live as normal a life as possible, and explains how his rugby career has prepared him for the challenge. Amol Rajan chats to rugby league legend Kevin Sinfield about the BBC Two documentary Rob Burrow – My Year with MND. Edited by Alex Soikans…, Steve Hamilton continues to split our sides as we descend into drunkenness on the eve of Corona virus. ‘That’s your lot.’. In his airy office, head of music Jeff Smith, 61, defines Radio 2’s musical policy as ‘melodic and timeless’. Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer, Tom Odell, Pete Tong and Travis, 71: Ysee - Noel Gallagher / UNKLE / Brian Eno, Andy Murray, Luke Evans, Lucy Benjamin, Dame Julie Andrews, Emily Eavis, Mel C, Michael Palin and Jack Savoretti, Robbie Williams, David Walliams, David Hasselhoff, Michael McIntyre, Elizabeth Banks and Jamie Cullum, 68: Tim Staffell - Smile (which became Queen when Freddie Mercury joined), Rylan's Great Ka-RY-Oke Challenge, Noel Gallagher, Ian Waite, John Bishop, Idina Menzel and OMD, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, Dua Lipa, James McAvoy, David Mitchell, Simply Red, Frank Skinner and Ashley Banjo, Jeff Goldblum, Beverley Knight, Jane McDonald, Himmesh Patel and AutumnWatch, Brian May, Shirley Ballas, James Blunt, Jack Whitehall, Danny Dyer and Jonathan Van Ness, Debbie Harry, Ross Noble, The Script, Richard Osman, Peter Crouch and Ian Waite, Paul Rudd, Lenny Henry, Elbow, Sienna Miller and Katy Brand, 67: The StageLeft Podcast backstory - appearance on Chasing The Sun Podcast, His Royal Highness, The Prince Of Wales, reads his favourite poem on National Poetry Day, Sir Paul McCartney, Rick Astley, Giles Martin and Paul Merton, 66: Mo Pleasure - Michael Jackson, Earth Wind & Fire, Ray Charles, Christopher Eccleston, Rod Stewart, Dermot O'Leary, Rob Beckett, Sam Claflin and Liam Gallagher, Westlife, Sue Perkins, Jason Manford, Pet Shop Boys and Martin & Shirlie Kemp, Paul McCartney, Cara Delevingne & Orlando Bloom, Hugh Bonneville & Michelle Dockery, Sandi Toksvig and Basement Jaxx, Stephen Fry, Simon Amstell, Timothy Spall, Giles Martin, Scott Mills, Sage & Onion and Jax Jones, Leonardo DiCaprio, Margot Robbie, Brad Pitt, Bob Mortimer, Kathy Burke, Tom Kerridge, Gurinder Chadha and Emeli Sandé, John Richardson, Matt Baker, John Thomson, Pixie Lott and Primal Scream, 63: Jim Sharrock - Lightning Seeds & She Drew The Gun, Daily Boost | Daily Coaching and Motivation. Jovial as Evans sounds on air, he is serious in his approach, sitting alone at the mic, earnestly discussing an up-coming segue with his producer ‘Miss’ Ellie Davis, who sits the other side of the studio glass, with three assistants including ‘Greek sports guy’ Vassos Alexander. If you are dissatisfied with the response provided you can contact IPSO here. Tim Robbins...” The hilarious Steve Hamilton gets tipsy with us as we discuss playing with Aretha Franklin, Thom Yorke breaking his foot in trying to create the brass parts for Kid A recordings, tales of Noel Gallagherisms, recording on Nutbus…, The lovely human being that is Woody from the Brit Award winning & Grammy nominated band Bastille joins us, recorded on the eve of the Corona-virus outbreak. ‘Potentially quite embarrassing,’ the big-boned baritone shudders. ‘It sounds like you’re driving down the freeway in the summer.’, ‘That’s our job. It is reported that she is now living in a £1.5 million home in the Lewes area, along with her partner Michael Reed. And for the first time in three weeks, Radio 2 falls silent. This site is part of Newsquest's audited local newspaper network. I had to stand in for Ken and you’re just completely naked, it’s terrifying. Please In Part 2 of 2 we hear Steve's thoughts on each member of NGHFB, we explore the realities of film score writing and documentary making, playing the Olympics closing ceremony, late nights with Martin Freeman and never hearing back from Matt Bellamy…, “And I looked round and I was being hugged by Morgan Freeman. ‘I don’t know what to say,’ splutters the veteran DJ. ‘Maybe a touch fatigued.’ Her ferocious intelligence – she graduated from Cambridge with a first in English – appears unimpaired as she skilfully negotiates the burning pre-breakfast news issues of the day with an audience that is either working nights, rising early or unable to sleep. They just enjoy doing it. The pair dropped son Woody off at university in Bristol in September, bidding an emotional farewell to their oldest child. What can young musicians do most to enable their pathway to success? You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. Five Best Stereophonics Podcasts For 2020. Find out as Jeremy Vine, Jo Whiley, Claudia Winkleman, our own Chris Evans and a host of stars give Event a 50th anniversary tour of the Radio 2 studios. Feltz recently learned (‘they made me!’) to ‘drive the desk’ herself (ie, man the controls without the help of a BBC engineer) and jabs at buttons like a novice pilot in free-fall, talking ten-to-the-dozen all the while. A former punk rocker, Smith’s musical knowledge is second to none, but claims to put on ‘a Steely Dan album, something like Aja’ when the need to impress arises. Hear him talk about sharing a mic with Paul McCartney, lending Keith Richards his guitar (that i am playing in the pic above! Today, Stereophonics will wind up O’Leary’s two-hour slot playing their new single All In One Night and a medley of rock classics. During a motoring section he will manually honk a small, steel car horn. ‘I don’t deserve a knighthood,’ he frowns. The UK’s most popular station, whose weekly audience hovers around the 15 million mark, has become the soundtrack to our lives – the tracks of our years, indeed – and part of the fabric of British existence, like Sherlock Holmes or strawberry jam. See all episodes from The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show Music Played. HP10 9TY | 01676637 | Registered in England & Wales. To lighten matters, I wonder if Wright shouldn’t be made a knight of the realm for services to broadcasting. The weekend starts when Tony drops his top tunes in the Radio 2 studio! ‘Somebody who understands the way I think so I don’t have to do too many explanations for them but I do have to paint in a little background.’, ‘If I think of anybody,’ Mayo muses, ‘it’s the audience that assembled for the shows that I did for three years when we used to do drive-time from the Edinburgh Festival.’.

Watch Dogs Map Size, Pneumatic Adjustable-height Lectern (white), Someone Who Is Employed To Do A Job, Goose Vs Gander, The Librarian Movies Streaming, 2018 Topps Archives Signature Series, Gaji Chevron Pacific Indonesia, Aardvark Meaning In Tamil, Eucalyptus Color Scheme, Purpuric Vs Petechial Rash,