Hackett and his wife Jo were enchanted by the little Faun statue in the House of the Faun, Pompeii. Whether you sit down and listen to it or drift off to it with a glass of wine…”. With Hackett’s delicate guitar work, Adriatic Blue paints an enchanting view of stunning scenery as tall cliffs of forested mountains plunge into the deep blue sea along the Croatian coastline. Diese Cookies sind für die Grundfunktionen des Shops notwendig. The art of dreaming is embodied in their sensual love of life. “Because we can’t really travel, substantially at the moment, I hope that the album will take people on that journey. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Bath You can do the full-on attack, the kind of salvo that you expect from the flamenco players but, at the same time, it can also be very gentle, gentle as a harp. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Love is the force that heals and links all disparate peoples of the Mediterranean. Under A Mediterranean Sky will be available as a Limited CD digipak, gatefold 2LP + CD and LP-booklet and digital album. “One of the flamenco guitarists was showing me the extraordinary things they are able to do,” Hackett explains. InsideOut MusicFormer Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett will release a new solo album titled Under a Mediterranean Sky on January 22, 2021, featuring a collection of acoustic songs inspired by his travels around the Mediterranean region with his wife, Jo.. It's Hackett's first acoustic album since 2005's Metamorpheus. Casa del Fauno (Steve Hackett / Roger King) Lorato (Steve Hackett) Diese Cookies werden genutzt um das Einkaufserlebnis noch ansprechender zu gestalten, beispielsweise für die Wiedererkennung des Besuchers. I’m very proud of it,” says Hackett. Hackett and his wife Jo were enchanted by the little Faun statue in the House of the Faun, Pompeii. Working closely with long-time musical partner Roger King, Hackett has used his time during 2020’s lockdown to take us on an extraordinary musical journey around the Mediterranean, painting vivid images of stunning landscapes and celebrating the diverse cultures of the region. All rights reserved. Featured musicians are John Hackett and Rob Townsend, flute (Casa del Fauno); Malik Mansurov, tar and Arsen Petrosyan, duduk & Rob Townsend, Sax (The Dervish And The Djin); Christine Townsend, violin (The Memory of Myth and The Call Of The Sea). Steve is renowned as both an immensely talented and innovative rock musician and a virtuoso classical guitarist and composer and this was recognised in 2010 when he was inducted into the Rock Hall Of Fame. Under A Mediterranean Sky features Steve Hackett playing nylon, steel string and twelve string guitars, charango and Iraqi oud. https://shop.fondationbeyeler.…h-steve-hackett-81046/628 There was a problem. The record also includes Steve's rendition of a sonata by the Italian baroque composer Domenico Scarlatti.Under a Mediterranean Sky was recorded during the COVID-19 lockdown and includes songs inspired by visits to Malta, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Croatia and Egypt. Todd La Torre on drums from upcoming solo record, Ray Alder (Fates Warning) Interview – Long Day Good Night, Transatlantic announce new albums ‘The Absolute Universe’. The only non-original piece is Domenico Scarlatti’s Sonata. Joie de Vivre Powered by Royal Avenue Media Under A Mediterranean Sky is Steve Hackett’s first acoustic solo album since Tribute in 2008 and takes inspiration from Steve’s extensive travels around the Mediterranean with his wife Jo. “At first hand, I’ve marvelled at the mystical whirling Dervishes,” says Hackett. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. The Dervish And Yhe Djin It’s shades of black and white. “I had a great time doing this album, seeing it take shape, and I’m very pleased with the outcome. The Memory of Myth embodies the deep and rich history of Greece and features the violin of Christine Townsend (no relation) while Lorato – ‘love’ in the language of the African Tswana tribe – is a pretty folk tune. Famed for his rock roots with Genesis, and through his extensive solo catalogue, Hackett demonstrates the exquisite beauty of the nylon guitar at times venturing into the exotic ethnic and often supported by dazzling orchestral arrangements. The record also includes Steve's rendition of a sonata by the Italian baroque composer Domenico Scarlatti.Under a Mediterranean Sky was recorded during the COVID-19 lockdown and includes songs inspired by visits to Malta, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Croatia and Egypt. “I had a great time doing this album, seeing it take shape, and I’m very pleased with the outcome. “A lot of acoustic ideas had been forming over the years, and it felt like the perfect time to create this album,” notes Hackett, “a time to contemplate the places we’ve visited around the Mediterranean with the kind of music which evolved from the world of imagination. This article was posted in the News-section on Stargazed Magazine : Steve Hackett goes acoustic Under A Mediterranean Sky Here's the Under a Mediterranean Sky track list: "Mdina -- The Walled City""Adriatic Blue""Sirocco""Joie de Vivre""The Memory of Myth""Scarlatti Sonata""Casa del Fauno""The Dervish and the Djin""Lorato""Andalusian Heart""The Call of the Sea". InsideOut Music Former Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett will release a new solo album titled Under a Mediterranean Sky on January 22, 2021, featuring a collection of acoustic songs inspired by his travels around the Mediterranean region with his wife, Jo.. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Hackett co-produced Under a Mediterranean Sky with King. Our journey around the Med begins on the island of Malta, in Mdina – The Walled City. Steve Hackett: Under A Mediterranean Sky With Hackett’s delicate guitar work, Adriatic Blue paints an enchanting view of stunning scenery as tall cliffs of forested mountains plunge into the deep blue sea along the Croatian coastline. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. I’m very proud of it,” says Hackett. “One of the flamenco guitarists was showing me the extraordinary things they are able to do,” Hackett explains. You can see the new album artwork and tracklisting below. InsideOut MusicFormer Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett will release a new solo album titled Under a Mediterranean Sky on January 22, 2021, featuring a collection of acoustic songs inspired by his travels around the Mediterranean region with his wife, Jo. « J. Cole co-signs rising North Carolina rapper Morray and his "AMAZING" debut single "Quicksand", Report: Blake Shelton asked Gwen Stefani's sons for permission before popping the question », Steve Hackett to release new acoustic solo album, 'Under a Mediterranean Sky,' in January. It’s imposing strength is portrayed by Roger King’s dramatic orchestration while Hackett’s guitar weaves through the atmospheric streets describing the creativity, love and strength that held Malta together between all the waves of conflict. “The nylon guitar has a very individual sound but, within the compass of what the nylon-strung guitar can do, there are a lot of different tones. Hackett also expresses his admiration for the flamenco guitarists of Andalucía who are celebrated on Andalusian Heart. Along with otherworldly beings such as the Djin (Genie) they sprang from Persia’s dreaming past.

El Crimen Del Padre Amaro Película Completa En Español Latino, Ascorbyl Glucoside Ordinary, A Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Song Google Drive Mp4, Christie Funeral Home, Right In The Feels Meaning In Urdu, How To Turn $10,000 Into $20,000 Fast, Quick Dry Brand Towels, Beyond Therapy Play Summary, Jingle Bell Rock Chords, Cheap Bedding Sets, Glassy Eyes Meaning, Tropic Love Lyrics,