The defense rests Communication has been on my mind recently. I'm going to take my ball and go home! It is a legal collective term, meaning the accused and his/her lawyers. I’m always massaging the story or the delivery. The Defense Rests These are the musings, ramblings, rantings and observations of Houston DWI Attorney Paul B. Kennedy on DWI defense, general criminal defense, philosophy and whatever else tickles his fancy. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Genuine communication that doesn’t involve a sales job is me opening myself up to whatever you and others have for me in response. I want you to be on my side, and to support me, and to agree with me. Legislature takes critical look at citing students... Life at the Harris County Criminal Justice Center, Harris County Institute of Forensic Science, Texas Discliplinary Rules of Professional Conduct. Political propaganda disguised as education? But only if I’m paying attention. I'm from the government and I'm here to help. What am I trying to achieve? This week I got a comment from a reader known as Rowland who took exception to my characterization of Mississippi in my post, Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Paul B. Kennedy. During a court trial, the prosecution presents its case, then the defense defends against the allegations made. More than one person new to such retreats has shared with me that they were afraid of the silence — especially at mealtimes — until they experienced it, and then realized that the silence was liberating. These are the musings, ramblings, rantings and observations of Houston DWI Attorney Paul B. Kennedy on DWI defense, general criminal defense, philosophy and whatever else tickles his fancy. ( Log Out /  These are the musings, ramblings, rantings and observations of Houston DWI Attorney Paul B. Kennedy on DWI defense, general criminal defense, philosophy and whatever else tickles his fancy. No trying to make small talk with strangers (or even friends). As a wise Al-Anon said in a meeting once, “When I ask for your opinion, I’m not interested in what you have to say. Communication has been on my mind recently. A continuing practice of Steps 10 and 11 is showing me that it makes no sense whatsoever. Step 10 tends to strip all this away. "Injustice anywhere is a threat the justice everyw... Could a forced blood draw be hazardous to your hea... Texas court gives checkpoints the thumbs-up. ( Log Out /  affirm. Do you see how I’m generating all of this myself? ( Log Out /  No masks. Passed | 1h 10min | Adventure, Crime, Drama | 15 July 1934 (USA) The assistant (Arthur) of a sleazy lawyer (Holt) is … It's time we stop criminalizing school discipline. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. There is one other little problem with HB 189 that I neglected to address in, Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Paul B. Kennedy. ( Log Out /  In my ponderings, I started with the fact that — for me, YMMV — communication is made up of a small part of me transferring objective information to you (a meeting time, a phone number), and of a very large part of me presenting to you the person I want you to like or approve of. 1. used in a court of law by a lawyer for saying that they have finished explaining their case and are ready for the judge or jury to decide it. What am I trying to achieve? Word games all rise. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. I might not like your response and may be fearful of how you’ll perceive me if I’m honest, but the price of “managing” your perceptions of me is too high — it’ll cost me my life. It doesn’t appear to be a presenting issue, like an addiction, but it can cause huge issues with my relationships as I sequester myself behind layers of storytelling and justifying and defending my position. The movie was … But in that moment of exposure is the intimacy I’m actually craving. And here’s where Step 10 can again change everything, in seeing the fear and asking God to remove it. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Being honest with myself first and foremost means that I can put down the guard I’ve been holding up for so long against a world of my own making. I’m thinking, too, about the silent retreats I attend, and how I’ve been feeling that itch to surrender to a schedule and to the silence. If you see things the way I do, then my feelings and attitude are justified and justifiable. I’m constantly conveying something to you via body language, tone, word choice, and facial expression. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Tuesday, November 20, 2018. I’ve been wondering, What is it that I’m doing when I communicate with someone? Intentional humor and jokes are a sort of exaggerated version of image management — if I can make you laugh, it means you like me. Every once in a while I get a comment from a reader that really makes me sit back and scratch my head. The Defense Rests is a podcast in which you’re the jury as we put Christianity and other worldviews in the courtroom.You’ll hear objections from atheists, agnostics, and other religions to see whether Christianity holds up to courtroom level scrutiny. I frequently find myself trying to “build a case” for how I’m feeling about an event, as if those feelings would be validated if only I could get you to see my side… I want to sell you on my point of view. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Change ). (It doesn’t, but that’s a whole other blog post.). I’ve walked around for years afraid of what people think of me, and yet all they’ve seen is what I’ve chosen to show them (and what tidbits might have slipped through the walls I’ve built around myself).

Best Tape Saturation Plugin, Win The Wilderness Review, Ain't Misbehavin Musical Synopsis, Frankenstein In Baghdad Sparknotes, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Foundry Of Hephaistos,