Major funding for FRONTLINE is provided by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation and the Ford Foundation. The case is based on a 2014 lawsuit by Christopher Sulyma against Intel, his former employer. Federal protections of wastewater discharge were first regulated in the 1972 CWA; this case could have ramifications on federal protections of water. FRONTLINE presents a post-election special on the lives, fears and hopes of Americans in the chaotic months leading up to the historic presidential contest. But even though it is one of the pillars of American democracy - the ultimate interpreter of the Constitution - no television series has ever fully profiled the inner workings of the court. Here are their stories. It’s a markedly different approach than he took in the previous presidential election year of 2016, when a different Supreme Court justice died more than eight months before voters went to the polls. It does a wonderful job of explaining some of the motives of the court in our history that influenced decisions in landmark Supreme Court cases. AWARDS AND HONORS A 2008 Parents' Choice Gold Award Winner, Television 2007 CINE Special Jury Award - Best of History 2007 New York Festivals Gold World Medal: The Supreme Court: A Nation of Liberties 2007 New York Festivals Silver World Medal: The Supreme Court: The Rehnquist Revolution 2007 IDA Best Limited Series (International Documentary Association) 2007 New York Festivals Gold World Medal, Best Editing 2007 New York Festivals Gold World Medal, Best Lighting 2007 New York Festivals Silver World Medal, Best Writing. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais). Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. I’m sure you’re tired of the electioneering — I’m tired of it, too! Watch for: Thirty-six years after FRONTLINE released Abortion Clinic, an award-winning documentary about a city torn on abortion, the film’s producer returned to Pennsylvania to find a community more bitterly divided than ever. --Video Librarian, A 2008 Parents' Choice Gold Award Winner, Television. In Sept. 2017, then-attorney general Jeff Sessions ordered the Department of Homeland Security to revoke the policy, citing it as “inconsistent with the Constitution’s separation of powers.”, These three combined Supreme Court cases will aim to determine whether the DHS decision to wind down DACA was lawful, and if that is “judicially reviewable.”. AN UNPRECEDENTED SERIES and Web Site that explores the history, impact, and drama of America's Highest Court, The Supreme Court. Oral arguments: Not set The cases: Intel Corp. Investment Policy Committee v. Sulyma; Thole v. U.S. Bank, N.A. Explore the newest installment of The FRONTLINE Transparency Project. When IBM’s stock price fell by more than $12 per share five years ago, Jander alleged the company had violated ERISA. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas (Jonathan Ernst/Reuters) A new PBS documentary, Created Equal, shows how Thomas went from abject poverty to his seat on the Supreme Court. But, as Supreme Revenge finds, the face-off had long been in the making. This case out of Louisiana centers on operating standards for abortion clinics, which could end up being prohibitively expensive for some centers. His new film, The Abortion Divide, examines one of America’s most-debated issues through the eyes of women coping with unexpected pregnancies. motivated in part by a three-decade-old grievance over Democrats’ successful opposition to Reagan nominee Robert Bork. Trending price is based on prices over last 90 days. Oral arguments: Oct. 15 Additional funding is provided by the Abrams Foundation, the Park Foundation, and the FRONTLINE Journalism Fund with major support from Jon and Jo Ann Hagler on behalf of the Jon L. Hagler Foundation. I bought it for my son.He has 2 PHDs in law.He found it very interesting and very informative.He stated that the info was very accurate.Any similar items he would appreciate. Thomas is the kind of man who would be hailed as living proof of the American dream were his …. The Documentary History of the Supreme Court of the United States, 1789-1800: Volume 7 Maeva Marcus. Oral arguments: Dec. 2 I’m tired of the sound of my own voice, to be honest. Kavanaugh would strongly deny her accusation, fight back using partisan lines of attack, and ultimately be confirmed to the nation’s highest court. Jon and Jo Ann Hagler on behalf of the Jon L. Hagler Foundation. “It’s moving the court to a really very, very conservative court,” NPR’s Nina Totenberg, who has covered the Supreme Court for decades, tells FRONTLINE. I know — I’d hoped we wouldn’t be having this conversation, too! Bonus points for watchers who pay particular attention to then-governor Ricardo Rossello, who would later be ousted by outraged protestors after private chats — including harsh comments on those killed by Hurricane Maria — leaked to the press. Democratic Senate candidate Cal Cunningham on Tuesday conceded the North Carolina race to incumbent Republican Thom Tillis. Two days later, the court will hear the case of Larry Jander, who invested in an employee stock option retirement plan managed by IBM. He developed a playbook … What a great cd set for anyone interested in the evolution of the supreme court. View cart for details. In these grouped cases, the Supreme Court will decide whether the 2016 appointment of the board’s seven voting members — who are selected by the president — was unconstitutional because they were not confirmed by the Senate. Oral argument: Dec. 4 She was sentenced in an Indiana court today. But here we are, in a Senate runoff race in Georgia. Web Site Copyright ©1995-2020 WGBH Educational Foundation. Unable to add item to List. Web Site Copyright ©1995-2020 WGBH Educational Foundation. Reviewed in the United States on January 15, 2015, Reviewed in the United States on February 10, 2011.

Lethbridge News Today, Tag Heuer Monaco Calibre 11, Who Was Thomas Paine, Mini Milk Pitcher, Crockpot Whole Chicken With Chicken Broth, Best Public Relations Books 2019, Bed Threads Colour Combinations,