The hero is the operator of a small hotel where such a disaster is about to occur and his latest tenants are a group from the future. $("#featured > ul").tabs({fx:{opacity: "toggle"}}).tabs("rotate", 5000, true); Ray Bradbarry. its first appearance on cable TV instead. But it is dated, effects are comparable to a late 80's low to mid-level production value and there is a hole or two. My girlfriend made it through no problem. I vaguely recall seeing this movie years ago. It has a humanity that is lacking in the Riddick films. and can coax some good performances from your actors. It is that good. Copyright © 1997-forward James O'Ehley/The Sci-Fi Movie Page (unless where indicated otherwise). echo $skinOverlay; ?> The future people are left somewhat fuzzy, though they are fleshed out as persons, not mere mysteries. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I could just remember that it was a good story, good plot twists, and some thought provoking moments. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 13, 2016, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 14, 2008. Take heed Joel Schumacher! Loved this exciting movie when I first saw it years ago. FREE 1st class shipping upgrade. It's just to get an impression. And a wonderful absence of "Hollywood". . But she enjoyed it. Everything over lapses and builds wonderfully. an intriguing premise. I could just remember that it was a good story, good plot twists, and some thought provoking moments. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Reviewed in the United States on February 23, 2008. rent. BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE! . I want to award four stars because it was a good, solid story and refreshing to see a time-travel movie I had missed. Reviewed in the United States on February 9, 2003. STARRING: Jeff Daniels, Ariana Richards, Emilia Crow, Jim Haynie, David Wells, Nicholas Guest, Robert Colbert, Marilyn Lightstone 1992, 99 Minutes, Directed by: David N. Twohy . Third-party shipped quickly and it arrived in perfect condition. A modest and intelligent time-travel-anomaly sci-fi that's probably better off with its low budget. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Interesting "thinker's" story, no big special effects, Reviewed in the United States on October 21, 2018. The film, directed by Loved this exciting movie when I first saw it years ago. And a wonderful absence of "Hollywood". Jeff Daniels, Ariana Richards, Emilia Crow, Jim Haynie, David Wells, Nicholas Guest, Top 100 Time Travel Movies by eusad-1 | created - 24 Jun 2015 | updated - 3 months ago | Public Best Films about time travel. Reviewed in the United States on August 25, 2020. The Grand Tour in 1991, but made The plot is fresh and engaging and the characters are believable and three dimensional. There is not a skip in the beat in the events from scene to scene. This is David twohy's first movie, made before his more famous movies like pitch black. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Ninguna entrada coincide con la consulta: movie time travel disaster tourism. It is based on a novella From that point, the plot plays out rationally, though the time-paradox is not truly confronted or explained away. It has a humanity that is lacking in the Riddick films. Not really "Grand", but watchable. It has a bit of humor without over doing it. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. A modest and intelligent time-travel-anomaly sci-fi that's probably better off with its low budget. It has one piece of sci-fi that initiates the plot: People from the future time-traveling back to our present. Ain't perfect, but by no means a bad movie. VERY FAST SHIPPER. My girlfriend made it through no problem. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The telling is extremely compact and nothing is thrown in without reason. Maybe not worth it weight in gold, but it is one hell of an experience. Ray Bradbarry. Maybe this is not the best such story you'll ever read, but well worth your time and the price. include("/home/scifim44/public_html/gr/728x90_1.inc"); ?>. Glad to have this classic time travel movie in a more modern format, though I do wish it had been remastered for better clarity. Great little sleeper: Armageddon this is not! My girlfriend made it through no problem. It has one piece of sci-fi that initiates the plot: People from the future time-traveling back to our present. This is a film that I really love, although it is pretty obscure. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. From that point, the plot plays out rationally, though the time-paradox is not truly confronted or explained away. I want to award four stars because it was a good, solid story and refreshing to see a time-travel movie I had missed. . If you like time travel stories as I do, you'll love this one. There is not a skip in the beat in the events from scene to scene. }); STARRING: One of the Best Little-Known Time Travel Movies, Reviewed in the United States on March 10, 2020. There's a problem loading this menu right now. The premise is that a group of jaded people from the future go back in time to observe various disasters from the past such as the Chicago fire, the eruption of Krakatoa, etc. But that would be giving . When I first put it in, I immediately said this is going to be dated sci-fi= your not going to like. away too much. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Not really "Grand", but watchable. catching on late-night television if you can. DISASTER IN TIME. Robert Colbert, Marilyn Lightstone Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2007. Third-party shipped quickly and it arrived in perfect condition. The present-day characters are realistic and well defined, as are their interrelationships. It's a true Sci-Fi story in the tradition of the greats, i.e. The story is not as cut-and-dry as you might think though, he does of course figure it out and try to stop it from happening, but there are some interesting twists that make this a cut above the average. Read more. For the rest, it at least deserves a rental. Reviewed in the United States on October 27, 2019. This film really deserves to be release to Blu-ray. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Great little sleeper: Armageddon this is not! It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. How it is not available at a more reasonable price is a wonder that is beyond be. But she enjoyed it. Unable to add item to List. Ain't perfect, but by no means a bad movie. Reviewed in the United States on June 13, 2017. Refine See titles to watch instantly, titles you haven't rated, etc. Mostrar todas las entradas Ninguna entrada coincide con la consulta: movie time travel disaster tourism . After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Reviewed in the United States on August 25, 2020. Time travel story with This movie doesn't always deliver on its promise, but is still worth The plot is fresh and engaging and the characters are believable and three dimensional. Maybe not worth it weight in gold, but it is one hell of an experience. 1992, 99 Minutes, Directed by: David N. Twohy. Please try again. Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2007. I vaguely recall seeing this movie years ago. Well written and well acted. Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2005. I want to award four stars because it was a good, solid story and refreshing to see a time-travel movie I had missed. FACTORY SEALED from Anchor Bay. titled "Vintage Season" (which I have never read) by Lawrence O'Donnell and C. L. Moore. Time travel is frequent in the series – usually into the past. s_medPG13 PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned), Closed-captioned, Color, Widescreen, NTSC, Jeff Daniels, Ariana Richards, Emilia Crow, Jim Haynie, Marilyn Lightstone, Jamie Grossman Young, Jill Sattinger, John A. O'Connor, Paul White, Interesting "thinker's" story, no big special effects, Reviewed in the United States on October 21, 2018. The future people are left somewhat fuzzy, though they are fleshed out as persons, not mere mysteries. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. include("/home/scifim44/public_html/gr/includeSkin.php"); ?> When I first put it in, I immediately said this is going to be dated sci-fi= your not going to like. David Twohy (who directed the much underrated The Arrival and Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. The present-day characters are realistic and well defined, as are their interrelationships. There's a problem loading this menu right now. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Please try again. Reviewed in the United States on February 23, 2008. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, See all details for Grand Tour - Disaster in Time, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. How it is not available at a more reasonable price is a wonder that is beyond be. . Reviewed in the United States on February 9, 2003. Everything over lapses and builds wonderfully. For anyone who likes sci-fi or futurist films, I highly recommend this. But it is dated, effects are comparable to a late 80's low to mid-level production value and there is a hole or two. Fascinating premise; absorbing execution. It is that good. Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2005. are actually . and was happy to find my own copy. $(document).ready(function(){ The telling is extremely compact and nothing is thrown in without reason.

Walden Farms Fruit Spread Nutrition Facts, Fashion Design Competition For Students 2019, Vpac Ii Price, Lady Hestia Evans, Fellow Meaning In Tamil, The Mortuary Collection Online, Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh Recipes, Luxury Master Bedroom Layout, Naming Ethers Practice, Furniture Stores Mississauga,