When the Emperor of China issues a decree that one man per family must serve in the... A mediocre musician goes on the road in search of the world's greatest... "Miss World 1970: The launch of a revolution", "If it chooses you, nothing can save you. Reviewed in the United States on October 17, 2018. Find out where Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk is streaming, if Turn It Around… Please try again. Records, the Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk documentary features the full-length theatrical cut of the film (2 hours and 37 minutes), five deleted scenes and more. Not Rated, Spans over 30 years of the California Bay Area’s punk music history with a central focus on the emergence of Berkeley’s inspiring 924 Gilman Street music collective. This product uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. The director was able to tell the story in a cohesive, exciting and informative manner about Punk Rock in Northern California. Four women of different walks of life become massagers at, the best I can figure, a resort chain. The documentary's cast reflects the deep renowned diversity of the creative community surrounding California's Bay Area by featuring interviews with past and current members of 924 Gilman, Maximumrocknroll, Dead Kennedys, Avengers, Flipper, Green Day, Rancid, Lookout Records, Neurosis, Operation Ivy, Crimpshrine, Jawbreaker, NOFX, Primus, Metallica, Bikini Kill, AFI, Bad Religion, Guns 'N' Roses, Fugazi, 7 Seconds, Dicks, Subhumans, and many, many more. If you are looking for a visual and audio history of the East Bay punk scene from the early 80's through the early 90's THIS IS IT! To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. With hundreds of free documentaries published and categorised every month, there's something for every taste. does this mean it will have an official release? MORE INFO, Dir. The film explores Northern California's pivotal role in evolution of punk rock - the loud, intense and anti-authoritarian philosophy of music and politics that arose in the late 1970s. Records, the Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk documentary features the full-length theatrical cut of the film (2 hours and 37 minutes), five deleted scenes and more. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Covers bands you never head of and bands you love. 23. Although very thorough, there was a lot left out that I would have liked to see covered, at least on an extras reel. It was cool seeing these faces all grown up and back stories I hadn't head before. Regardless, its well worth a view if you were ever a fan of that scene. This diverse group of artists, writers, organizers and musicians created a do-it-yourself petri dish that changed the punk scene... and the world at large. These were kids just like me, but they had a place to go and community to grow within. This documentary features a diverse spectrum of musicians and artists who have all been impacted by or participated in the California San Francisco Bay Area punk music scene of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. Released by the Bay Area's own 1-2-3-4 Go! DVD + Blu-ray edition. As a total punk history nerd, I’ve seen about a zillion of these types of documentaries and this one is really the cream of the crop. I have seen a lot of punk movies and documentaries because the culture is so fascinating. USA Posted by 2 years ago. When I saw this while surfing on Amazon I was immediately interested. Salad Days: A Decade Of Punk In Washington, DC (1980-90) [Blu-ray], Please Kill Me: The Uncensored Oral History of Punk, Smash! Early San Francisco Bay Area punk pioneers like the Dead Kennedys, Avengers and Flipper, as well as the Maximum Rocknroll fanzine helped take the punk underground global. Reviewed in the United States on August 6, 2018. Best documentary in general! Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Anyone know where I can watch “Turn it around the story of east bay punk” cant find it online anywhere. Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk spans over 30 years of the California Bay Area’s punk music history with a central focus on the emergence of the inspiring 924 Gilman Street collective. The video footage, pictures, flyers, and especially interviews with the musicians, promoters, and members of the scene was a treasure. Sign up for our weekly enewsletter to receive programming updates for the Ruth Sokolof Theater and Dundee Theater. Reviewed in the United States on July 23, 2019. ... wasn’t Stay in that movie? Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2019, Muy buen documental, cuenta la historia del desarrollo de la escena del punk rock californiano a finales de los 80, If you are interested in Punk- > this is a must have. Reviewed in the United States on July 19, 2018. Watch Turn it Around (Turn it Around) now in HD! ... We're committed to providing the best documentaries from around the World. I love it. Film Streams is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in Omaha, Nebraska. When the fifteen year old Bram meets Florian at a house party, he immediately falls for him. My gf (a huge music fan) did not know about 95% of that scene and was able to follow, but I could tell she was drifting in and out. About two dozen of those topics, bands, label, zines people could all deserve their own 2 hour dedicated documentary. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Directed by Corbett Redford. Great animation, great interviews, great archival footage. This combo pack is a must-have item for any music documentary enthusiast or fan of East Bay punk. A great reminiscence to my time in the Bay Area and at 924 Gilman, although I was out there many years after the time period this doc focuses on. We did have to pause a couple times to take information breaks and review why the film was jumping around. Privacy Policy. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. Definitely a must watch if you’re into punk rock, Reviewed in the United States on January 14, 2019. All we had were about 10 other punk rock kids (two which we didn’t even like), a bunch of jocks and cowboys. Unable to add item to List. English s... Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers - Blu-ray Special Edition, How To Ru(i)n A Record Label: The Story of Lookout Records, NFL Super Bowl XLV Champions: Green Bay Packers [Blu-ray]. Directed by Corbett Redford, narrated by Iggy Pop and executive produced by Green Day, Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk is the definitive telling of this vibrant story, drawing from a wide variety of voices and viewpoints and featuring the music of many of the most famous and infamous punk bands ever. It's well worth the money. I love how it all starts in the 60s and explains how it influences each proceeding decade until today. As a “comedy” it fails miserably. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Useful Links This diverse group of artists, writers, organizers and musicians created a do-it-yourself petri dish that changed the punk scene... and the world at large. I personally loved it, but I also knew a ton about that scene and listened to most of the bands mentioned. 155 min Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk spans over 30 years of the California Bay Area’s punk music history with a central focus on the emergence of the inspiring 924 Gilman Street collective. But really it doesn’t do or say much. Well after watching it I can tell you that this is the most in-depth punk documentary I have ever seen. Turn It Around: The Story Of East Bay Punk. A documentary spanning over 30 years of the California Bay Area's punk music history with a central focus on the emergence of Berkeley's inspiring 924 Gilman Street music collective. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. ", "Everyone ends up in the same damned place. It turned more into a Gilman documentary, which is fine, but if so, why spend so much time on Green Day? There was no mention of Lance Hahn & J Church, except for a brief photo of Cringer (wtf?). In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Close. An EXCELLENT documentary by a great up and coming film maker! With Miranda July, Iggy Pop, Billie Joe Armstrong, Tim Armstrong. It's very in depth, but that's not a bad thing. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I would have liked more of Jeff Ott. that would be so cool. Our mission is to enhance the cultural environment of the Omaha-Council Bluffs metropolitan area through the presentation and discussion of film as an art form. Film Streams' cinemas are temporarily closed in consideration of public health concerns and community-wide efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19. Just maybe not for the casual music documentary fan. Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk is a documentary I feel a strong connection to. Top Documentary Films. Not to be confused with the good Taiwanese movie of the same name this movie is just dreadful. ", "The Helen Reddy story and the song that inspired a revolution", 'The Opening Act' Interviews with Jimmy O. Yang & Steve Byrne. Great coverage of the blossoming of the east bay scene. Corbett Redford This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Watch Full-Length Documentaries Online for Free. So God Bless Green Day, if they would not have done this, I doubt anyone would have. — Abramorama. : Green Day, The Offspring, Bad Religion, NOFX, and the '90s Punk Explosion. Reviewed in the United States on July 30, 2018, Best rock documentary I’ve ever seen! Directed by Corbett Redford, narrated by Iggy Pop and executive produced by Green Day, Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk is the definitive telling of this vibrant story, drawing from a wide variety of voices and viewpoints and featuring the music of many of … (Gay, Romance, Coming of Age, Europe). After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Not only did the content appeal to me but the run time is over 2 hours which means it’s going to be pretty extensive. Supposed to be, I imagine, a movie about women forming a sisterhood. The thing is..... they covered a LOT of ground, which isn't easy to do. Bloody brilliant. Excellent job! This is not just a documentary about a bunch of bands from the late 80s / early 90s of the SF East Bay Punk Rock scene but also about community and DIY, getting out there and doing something. There was nothing about Food Not Bombs. An awesome gift to people who love music in general! This combo pack is a must-have item for any music documentary enthusiast or fan of East Bay punk. Love every Second of it. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part [Blu-Ray] [Region Free] (English audio. Turn It Around: The Story Of East Bay Punk spans over 30 years of the California Bay Area's punk music history with a central focus on the emergence of the inspiring 924 Gilman Street collective. Looking to watch Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk? The documentaries and video materials provided in this category are concerned with every aspect of music, from its therapeutic significance to the contemporary genres and the overall state of the music industry. With the glut of documentaries that come out each year, it's great to see one of such quality. People. Final thought, I kept wondering about Aaron Cometbus, and then at the end I (think) I put it together why they used him in the film as they did, which was pretty cool. Please try again. Watch the documentary on Ireland`s DIY bands and the culture that has been developing over the course of twenty years. Great, in depth doc, not for the casual fan, Reviewed in the United States on February 4, 2019. © 2020 Film Streams, Inc.

Mercury Amalgam We Happy Few, George Tenet Slam Dunk, Cod Meaning In Tamil Translation, Up Mein Lok Sabha Seat Kitni Hai, Chart Showing Branches Of Commerce, Jharkhand Lok Sabha 2019 Winner List, Chicken Barley Soup,