It’s a song you’ve probably heard a million times, but if you listen to the lyrics, the song tells an extraordinary story. In a 1990 interview, songwriter Doc Pomus tells the story of the song being recorded by the Drifters and originally designated as the B-side of the record. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. In the UK The Drifters' recording … Here are some things you might not have known about the song. Save the Last Dance For Me: 1961: Brazil 86 of 1961: 10: Ben E King: Save the Last Dance … The Drifters' version of the song, released a few months after Ben E. King left the group, would go on to spend three non-consecutive weeks at #1 on the U.S. pop chart, in addition to logging one week atop the U.S. R&B chart. He credits Dick Clark with turning the record over and realizing "Save The Last Dance" was the stronger song. Jerry again had one finger on the pulse of teen America with his reprise of the Drifters' ''Save The Last Dance For Me''. On this date in 1960, the song “Save the Last Dance For Me” by The Drifters hit No.

The Pieces I Am Screening, Andhra Pradesh Rajya Sabha Election Results 2020, Gordon Food Service Edmonton Address, Cjvr Beach Radio, House Fire In Calgary Today, Kickin' It Sensei Ty, Mellody Hobson Ted Talk,