6 on March 1, 1969,[6] while reaching No. In 1968, Jay and the Americans released a version of the song, which became the song's most widely successful release. Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. "Magic Moments" is a popular song with music by Burt Bacharach and lyrics by Hal David, one of the first compositions by that duo. Sweeter than wine. And then it happened It took me by suprise I knew that you felt it too By the look in your eyes. And then it happened, it took me by surprise. [1] The Drifters version spent 11 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 and reached No. "Magic Moments" is a popular song with music by Burt Bacharach and lyrics by Hal David, one of the first compositions by that duo. It was recorded first by Ben E. King and the Drifters. 16 on April 2, 1960. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Yeah, that one's by The Drifters, I think. This Magic Moment was recorded by Ben E. King and the Drifters and released in 1960. Lou Reed's version, from a Doc Pomus tribute album, Till the Night is Gone, was featured in David Lynch's film Lost Highway. Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. Recording Industry Association of America, "Show 14 – Big Rock Candy Mountain: Rock 'n' roll in the late fifties. This Magic Moment—Written by: D. Pomus/M. Jay and the Americans were a pop rock group most popular in the 60s and 70s, known for romantic pop hits such as 1969's "This Magic Moment" and 1970's "Walkin' In The Rain".Their initial lineup consisted of Howard Kane (born Kirschenbaum), John (J.T.) Leave feedback. We can't show you this lyrics snippet right now. The song is used in David M. Evans' film The Sandlot and was also featured in David Chase's television show The Sopranos in the episode "Soprano Home Movies". In his 2003 book Burt Bacharach, Song by Song, Serene Dominic comments: Combined with the quizzical bassoon, the whistling and the ghastly white shadings of the Ray Charles Singers, these distant recollections must seem like occurrences on another planet to later generations. Background. [3], Learn how and when to remove this template message, The Best of Irving Berlin's Songs from Mr. President, Perry Como in Person at the International Hotel, Las Vegas, Chi-Baba, Chi-Baba (My Bambino Go to Sleep), Dream Along with Me (I'm on My Way to a Star), I Dream of You (More Than You Dream I Do), It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Magic_Moments&oldid=985994133, Articles needing additional references from November 2013, All articles needing additional references, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, A less successful UK cover version recorded by, This song was used in the television commercial for, The song was also used as background music for a segment on the 1998, This page was last edited on 29 October 2020, at 04:52. The record was produced by Joe Reisman. In 2016 it was used in ESPN's 30 for 30 of the same title, "This Magic Moment" about the Orlando Magic. [8] The song also debuted at No. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. The strings were the arrangement written by the great arranger Belford Hendricks. Whenever I hold you tight. Their version spent 14 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, reaching No. This magic moment. 1 on Canada's "RPM 100"[7] and No. Do you know any background info about this track? [2], The biggest hit version of the song was recorded by Perry Como and released by RCA Victor in December 1957, becoming a hit early in 1958. Lou Reed's version, from a Doc Pomus tribute album, Till the Night is Gone, was featured in David Lynch's film Lost Highway. "This Magic Moment" is a song composed by lyricist Doc Pomus and pianist Mort Shuman, and is one of their best-known songs.[2]. [3] The peak position in the United States is hard to track precisely, due to the multiple charts used in Billboard magazine: On the Most Played by Disc Jockeys chart, it reached it highest peak of number four. 11 on Billboard's Easy Listening chart. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Go directly to shout page. Sweeter than wine. [4], The song was also a 1958 hit in Italy, while in the United Kingdom it spent eight weeks at number one in the UK Singles Chart, becoming Como's biggest ever hit there. Was like any other until I kissed you. This magic moment, so different and so new. The song was published in 1957. This magic moment So different and so new Was like any other Until I kissed you. Start the wiki. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. This magic moment, so different and so new Was like any other until I kissed you And then it happened, it took me by surprise I knew that you felt it too, by the look in your eyes Sweeter than wine Softer than the summer night Everything I want, I have Whenever I hold you tight This magic moment while your lips are close to mine ... Leona Lewis sang this song on American Idol but Kelly Clarkson is the Original Singer of A Moment Like This. while your lips are close to mine. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Shuman; recorded by: The Drifters, 1960 (#14), available on the album The Very Best of the Drifters; Puff the Magic Dragon—Peter, Paul & Mary, 1963 (#2), from the album Moving; Do You Believe in Magic—Lovin’ Spoonful, 1965 (#9), from the album Do You Believe in Magic [Part 4]", The Drifters – Chart History – The Hot 100, Jay & the Americans – Chart History – The Hot 100, Jay & the Americans – Chart History – Adult Contemporary, "Cash Box Top 100 Singles, March 15, 1969", http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/rpm/028020-119.01-e.php?brws_s=1&file_num=nlc008388.6104&type=1&interval=24&PHPSESSID=mhe12pta2k83e08udtq66ot062, "Cash Box Year-End Charts: Top 100 Pop Singles, December 27, 1969", http://aln2.albumlinernotes.com/Atlantic_-_Volume_Four.html, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=This_Magic_Moment&oldid=971044282, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 3 August 2020, at 21:16. Softer than a summer's night. Softer than the summer night. [1] The song was published in 1957. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. I knew that you felt it too, by the look in your eyes. Everything I want, I have. Lou Reed as well as Jay and the Americans, have also performed it, but I think they did it later. 4 in the first issue of RPM's "Young Adult" adult contemporary chart. [9] The single earned gold record status from the Recording Industry Association of America.[10]. Related. In 2016 it was used in ESPN's 30 for 30 of the same title, "This Magic Moment" about the Orlando Magic. [3] The session musicians Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller hired to play on this record were: Phil Bodner on sax, Ernie Hayes on piano, George Barnes (musician) and Bucky Pizzarelli on guitar, George Duvivier on bass, and Shep Shepherd on drums. Sweeter than wine Softer than the summer night Everything I want I have Whenever I hold you tight.

Somebody Up There Likes Me (2019 Netflix), Recreation Gov Reservation Hacks, Best Dragonmarks 5e, Is Jobseeker Payment Taxable Income For Employers, Microwave Timer Not Working, 12 Volt Air Conditioner, Genesis Tour Cancelled, Daniel Cross Colonial Williamsburg, Safe Investments For Seniors Canada, Diners, Drive-ins And Dives Locations By State,