Think the guy paid about $220,000 including the juice from Mastro, and then sold it -- went for about $170,000. I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. If I recall, the price was something like $1,500 each or two for $2,500. An unopened case of 12 wax boxes of vintage Fleer basketball cards was a virtual magnet on eBay in June, drawing 66 bids and a selling price of $15,250. 1984 Topps Football Unopened Cello Case. Lot 50. With the product sitting stagnant on dime store shelves Topps ended up having trouble selling the cases. With the product sitting stagnant on dime store shelves Topps ended up having trouble selling the cases. -BBCE. Collectors Corner | I've never heard Rosen's name associated with either the Tango Egg find or the reward that (Lifson?) Lodge bent down and opened up one of the china closet doors, reached in and pulled out a silver tray stacked with 1952 Topps baseball cards facing down; he placed the display in front of Rosen at the table. I also had a lead on a '52 brick of packs through another pack seller but the guy who owned it would never pull the trigger to sell them off. CU | He also had entire cello bricks of packs for sale. A few decades ago there was a find of 1952 Topps Baseball wax packs on the West Coast. The case was originally from Mr. Mint’s 1952 Topps Find in Boston, MA that yielded an incredible amount of gem mint high numbers. 1952 Topps Baseball “Nickel” Wax Pack. I was at a show in 92 or 93 and I swear Rosen had a ton of 52 packs, not exctaly sure when he made "the find" at the time I had already bought a Jordan rookie, a 66 mantle so all I could afford was a 5 cent wax wrapper when I got to his table. There were a ... To provide a better shopping experience, our website uses cookies. PCGS | I have learned enough never to say never. Before we get crazy trying to figure that out, the case above is actually empty. The fictional account from the spring of 2004. I was a dealer at a big show at Nassau Coliseum back in the day, right after the find. No, it wasn’t a case of cards from Fleer’s fabled 1986-87 set, home of Michael Jordan’s rookie card. What makes 1952 Topps Baseball even more interesting is the infamous story that goes along with the high numbers. PSA 10’s (which there are only 3 of) would probably have an estimated value of somewhere between 1.5 and 2 million dollars if they surfaced at auction– so how much would a sealed case of 1952 Topps Baseball High Number be worth? "It had very little furniture," said Rosen, "except a table, a couple of chairs and a wraparound china closet with leaded-glass doors." If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons! Boxes? Anyway, the only cards he brought that day, and displayed, were about 50 drop dead gorgeous 52 Mantles, spread across a number of showcases with a big handwritten sign "$5,000" a card. Lot # and Title Price Bids Bid Ends Lot 505 - 1960 Leaf Baseball Series 2 Unopened Wax Box (from Sealed Case) - GAI NM-MT+ 8.5 : 5600.00: 21: Ended: Lot 506 - 1981 Topps Baseball Sealed Vending Case : 4700.00: 36: Ended: Lot 507 - (5) 1981 Topps Baseball Unopened Rack Boxes : 3300.00: 26: Ended: Lot 508 - 1983 Topps Baseball Sealed Wax Box Case : 19250.00: 54: Ended Collectors.com | 1969 Topps Cello Pack w/ Reggie Jackson Rookie on Back GAI 9. He did the same thing with the Tango Egg find....exaggerates and takes credit where he doesnt deserve it. 1952 Topps Baseball Unopened Brick (8) Wax Packs. Complete 1952 Topps Baseball Five-Cent Wax Box with 24 Packs The Holy Grail redux. With Mickey Mantle’s 1952 Topps #311 being double printed, an average case of 1952 Topps Baseball High Number would contain 50 or more potentially pristine examples. If I am not mistaken it ended up in a different auction shortly thereafter. 1952 Topps Baseball Wax Pack GAI 6.5. Original Stories, Awesome Cards, and News from the Card World. Quick Links: Rosen was on the end of the aisle to the left as you came in. Given to him directly by an executive of the Topps Gum Company, the confectionaire gifted it to his son as the ultimate prize. Unsure what he did with them. Hit Parade – Christy Mathewson $15,000 Cut Signature Giveaway! This lot consists of (8) 1952 Topps baseball wax packs (most likely 1st series) that are wrapped together in cellophane. Father and Son Pull a 1952 Bowman Mickey Mantle PSA 7 from Hit Parade. Please e-mail for further details. 1983 Topps Football Unopened Cello Case. I think he also was selling some crisp '52 commons that apparently came from some of the packs that were opened. To get rid of them Topps ended up dumping hundreds of cases into the ocean off the coast of New Jersey! 1960-1973 Topps Unopened Baseball Pack Collection (11) ... 1990 Leaf Baseball Series 1 Wax Case (10 boxes) 1961/62 Fleer Basketball Wax Pack with Wilt Chamberlain In Action On Back GAI 6.5. Dont believe a word Rosen puts in print in his ads. Teh same with antiques, the "road show" programs have turned everyone's crap into treasure. They'd all be sticking together like some of the upper deck and stadium club wax product do. Blog Homepage \ Dave and Adams News \ How Much is a 1952 Topps Baseball High Number Case Worth? This is an actual complete unopened box of 1952 Topps packs that came from the original confectionaire in Ontario, Canada. Continuing use of the site implies consent. "Number 302 was showing on one of the stacks," said Rosen, "and I went straight f… A few decades ago there was a find of 1952 Topps Baseball wax packs on the West Coast. Please PM with additional details. 2014 Panini Certified Football Freshman Fabric Rewards Points Explained, Johnny Manziel cards to appear in Bowman Draft Baseball, What’s Up in The DACW Live Lounge – April 20th, View all posts by Dave and Adam's Card World, Phenomenal Pull: RGIII 1/1 Inscription from Leaf UItimate Draft. Mark Murphy had that shoebox of 84 wax he got from that old lady. Complete 1952 Topps Baseball Five-Cent Wax Box with 24 Packs. There were a few "bricks" of wax packs that were wrapped in groups of 8. Coinflation. Regardless of what you think about him, still a great story, I think the wrapper was 30-50 bucks at the time, https://ebay.com/sch/gemint/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=. The floor had a sunburst-effect pattern. The case was originally from Mr. Mint’s 1952 Topps Find in Boston, MA that yielded an incredible amount of gem mint high numbers. 1960 Topps Baseball Unopened Rack Pack (BBCE) 1938 Gum Inc. Horrors of War Unopened Wax Pack (PSA 8, only one higher) 1979 Topps Football Trio of Wax Boxes with Original Case! The packs themselves appear to be fresh and NM-MT or better! A few decades ago there was a find of 1952 Topps Baseball wax packs on the West Coast. This lot consists of (8) 1952 Topps baseball wax packs (most likely 1st series) that are wrapped together in cellophane. Also, did Mr. Mint bust all of the ones he found? offered to confirm existence of certain examples.

Then Came You Full Movie Online, Steamed Condensed Milk Cake Recipe, Lost And Found Car Keys, Understanding Cryptography Cite, Change Management Kpi Dashboard, We The Fest 2020 Schedule, Yorkton This Week Obituaries, Papa Criolla Wikipedia, My Girlfriend Cheated On Me Should I Take Her Back, Instruction Set Architecture Ppt,