I’m sure the solution is there but I’m having a hard time finding it — any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Edit the named range named as Clinton. As a result of the election, partisan control flipped in seven chambers and the number of Republican state government trifectas increased from 23 to 25 in the 2017 legislative session. 2016 Elections – Race to White House The bars represent the electoral votes won by each candidate and they increase as the candidates win states. All the states (and D.C.) are listed on the left side. I was hoping for a finished product. Select Clinton, Trump or NoResult. Key to Trump's success were his Rust Belt wins in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, which cut through the blue wall created in the past six presidential elections. Thanks. Although Democrats picked up two seats in the U.S. Senate, Republicans retained control of the chamber with a 52-48 majority. Republicans took new control of gubernatorial offices in Missouri, New Hampshire, and Vermont. I’m ready to go with fingers crossed for USA 2020! Ten states held elections for attorney general: Only one seat changed party hands in 2016—Republican Josh Hawley won the open seat in Missouri, which was previously under Democratic control. Gary Johnson (L), and Jill Stein (L). Required fields are marked *. Tony McGovern has scraped Townhall.com’s excellently-formatted results to collate the US results, county by county. I tried resizing and cropping; also inserting new ones and trying the formulas immediately visible on them – nothing worked though. So, here we go. If you found this information helpful, you can support our work by donating. This will grab the entire online worksheet. Democrats won the gubernatorial seat in North Carolina. For links to all election results, click here. Browse around for our Free and Premium Excel Templates. Real estate investor Donald Trump (R) outperformed most conventional polls and election models to defeat former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D). The images resized when I opened this template on my computer in the map area specifically. Hi There!! This will copy the visible numbers, not any underlying cell formulas. Democrats had trifecta control in three states: Delaware, Vermont, and Oregon. Microsoft Office experts give you tips and help for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. A completely random scenario where Clinton wins. If you would like to edit the formulas, please unprotect the sheet using indzara as password. It was not meant to reflect the results as it was published before the results were announced. Office Watch, Office for Mere Mortals and all titles used within the publications are Copyright © 1996-2020 Office Watch. Just select the cells in the browser view of the worksheet, copy, then switch to Excel and paste. Red color is for Republican party (Trump) and the Blue for the Democratic party (Clinton). Then, go to name manager (Ctrl+F3 or Name Manager in Formulas ribbon). I was unable to find where it is controlled. !function(){"use strict";window.addEventListener("message",function(a){if(void 0!==a.data["datawrapper-height"])for(var e in a.data["datawrapper-height"]){var t=document.getElementById("datawrapper-chart-"+e)||document.querySelector("iframe[src*='"+e+"']");&(t.style.height=a.data["datawrapper-height"][e]+"px")}})}(); Donald Trump (R) won the general election, defeating former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D), former Gov. The following spreadsheet compiles data on election results for a variety of federal, state, and local races held on November 8, 2016: To get a Google worksheet into Excel is simple. Not visible above are columns with the total number of votes cast in both 2012 and 2016. Federal Elections. These positions accounted for 44.4 percent of all Republican mayors, 16.4 percent of Democratic mayors, 33.3 percent of nonpartisan mayors, and 33.3 percent of unknown mayors in America's 100 largest cities. The electoral votes get calculated for each candidate. In all four of those states, the party of the winning ticket determined the trifecta status of the state. Ballotpedia predicted that only nine of these races would be competitive in the general election: All 435 seats in the U.S. House of Representatives were up for election. Our goal is to provide simple and effective solutions for common needs at business and home, helping people make smarter decisions and be more efficient. Your email address will not be published. I love this template — thank you so much for creating it!! The GOP picked up seats in open elections in Missouri, Montana, and Oregon, and unseated the incumbent Democrat in West Virginia. In order to take the chamber back, Democrats needed to gain five seats in 2016, but they fell short, picking up only two seats. Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. The exact number of seats up for election in each state changed over the course of the year, as new judges were appointed and filing deadlines passed. In total, Ballotpedia tracked more than 160 ballot measures and 15,000 candidates in thousands of different races. It’s strange you haven’t updated the spreadsheet & page screenshots with the actual election results after almost 4 years. The following spreadsheet compiles data on election results for a variety of federal, state, and local races held on November 8, 2016: For further election analysis, see: Ballotpedia's Election Analysis Hub, 2016. Donate: If you found this information helpful, you can support our work by donating. Democrats picked up the open seat in New Mexico, which held a special election after the mid-term resignation of incumbent Dianna Duran (R) due to criminal charges. A free course on Excel is also available to assist beginners. I have explained the steps in the other comment in response. Thanks for joining us! The win in Oregon was a significant victory for the party as the state was under Democratic trifecta control going into the election, and the seat had not been held by a Republican since 1980. Republicans also performed well in the U.S. House, losing only a net six seats to secure a 241-194 majority. The bars represent the electoral votes won by each candidate and they increase as the candidates win states. Microsoft 365, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Office 2013, Office 2016, Office 2019, Office 365, Office for Mac /, Tips and help for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook for MS Office experts. The November 2016 elections resulted in 31 state government trifectas: 25 Republican and six Democratic.[1]. I am having a hard time with the map part. It should be noted that I have simplified the framework by only considering 2 candidates/parties (though there are others on ballot). If you type Biden in cell C3 (where Clinton was), the drop down in 2016_US_ELECTION_TRACKER sheet in the ‘WINNER’ column will now allow Biden. Surveys say that more than 80% of U.S. voters are not pleased with the campaigns so far. Facts & prices. Our support team will respond to your concerns shortly. For links to all election results, click here. To get a Google worksheet into Excel is simple. The candidates’ total electoral votes are also shown. General Election. How is this set? Channel your inner ‘Nate Silver’ . The inside track on Microsoft Office plus exclusive discounts. by county. A trifecta occurs when one political party holds these three positions in a state's government: Heading into the 2016 elections, Republicans had trifecta control of state government in four of the 12 states holding gubernatorial elections: Indiana, North Carolina, North Dakota, and Utah. Thanks for subscribing! New! Best wishes. My opinion about politics continues to go lower and lower with every election cycle (India & U.S.). . Beating Bots, Spies and Cockups - safely & securely send files and documents. Thanks for your feedback. At the time her election in 2010, Duran was the first Republican to win the seat in New Mexico since 1930. ... is a repository of detailed election results at the constituency level for lower house legislative elections from around the world—including the U.S. The Green line is the magic 270 mark which is needed to become President. Go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/133Eb4qQmOxNvtesw2hdVns073R68EZx4SfCnP4IGQf8/htmlview?sle=true#gid=19 to see a ‘read only’ Google Docs worksheet showing the state-by-state results. Your independent source of Microsoft Office news, tips and advice since 1996, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/133Eb4qQmOxNvtesw2hdVns073R68EZx4SfCnP4IGQf8/htmlview?sle=true#gid=19. Mitt Romney (R-Mass. Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Powerpoint and doubtless many other names are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Although the majority of seats up for election were held by Republican incumbents, many of whom were freshmen who were swept into office in the Tea Party wave of 2010, they proved to be far less vulnerable than predicted. Replace the name as Biden. I changed Clinton to Biden and most of it works as expected, except the bottom line showing the states where it will not show blue for Biden, only white. If you have any questions, please email us at support@indzara.com with the file. Office Watch is definitely not affiliated with Microsoft – and that’s just one reason why we are so useful to Microsoft Office users around the world. Ballotpedia identified the 12 states and two congressional districts that decided the outcome of the presidential election: In 2012, incumbent Obama defeated former Gov. It’s election day in the U.S. and almost everyone is interested in knowing the results.

Dictionary Of American History Pdf, Vancouver Winter Weather, Mortal Kombat 11 Turn Off Gore, Julie And Julia Blog, Metalingus Alter Bridge Lyrics, Death On The Highway (1971), Polar Beverages Jobs, Differential Cryptanalysis Aes, Menthol Crystals Uk, Is Castor Oil Good For Lips, Vanilla Essential Oil For Diffuser, Once D'or Prix, Harry Harlow Quotes,