I'm a big fan of TOS, mainly because I've been on their system for a long time, their rates aren't the greatest but they don't have any other fees. © 2020 TheStreet, Inc. All rights reserved. We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. Never put two and two together. I did for a few weeks when I made the switch to TOS. cwerdna, July 6, 2012 in General Board. Thanks. If you're asking this question, you might find the TOS platform daunting. Can anyone help convert this pine script to c# or vb? Despite widely reported speculation about a collapse in demand for urban living (likely spurred by the outsized attention given to New York City and … NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TDAmeritrade's (AMTD) - Get Report says it has resolved issues with its thinkorswim platform that left some traders reeling this morning. Little or no commissions, zero or very little account size, and massive new resources needed on their part to solve the problem. Is it appropriate to start a discussion about the Thinkorswim platform? Though somewhat ironically, the NYSE outage had little effect on operations as traders were still able to trade NYSE stocks through other means. TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NYSE: AMTD) is the owner of TD Ameritrade … Prior to that, I only knew about web-based trading on the TD Ameritrade web site. Thanks. 0 No. Did a chat and they acknowledged the problem and had them back up in about 10 minutes. I'm guessing Kim has known about this for awhile. Is it appropriate to start a discussion about the Thinkorswim platform? The information contained herein should not be construed as an investment advice and should not be considered as a solicitation to buy or sell securities, © 2011-2020 SteadyOptions. © 2011-2020 SteadyOptions. Where is the "On Demand" link on the TOS site? wish it had Prophet charts working since I don't know their regular charts very well), but still, it seems amazing. ThinkorSwim is owned by TD Ameritrade, TD Ameritrade is an American online broker based in Omaha, Nebraska. received, Thanks: 53 given, (ETFC) - Get Report television commercials was behind the outage. That's what it is, I just switched to tick based charts like 6 months ago, and that's about when I started having issues. The company traces its roots to First Omaha Securities, founded in 1975 by Joe Ricketts and three partners after the Securities and Exchange Commission banned fixed brokerage commissions. I'm still an options amateur and only know the basics of Thinkorswim. While some people on Twitter complained about missed trading opportunities, others found time to make jokes. All Rights Reserved. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. So far, only one of the outages had a material impact on my ability to execute a trade. For those who don't, *DO* check it out, seriously. The problem, which was resolved about 10 a.m., occurred after an overnight software update caused a slowdown in an order router, Beth Evegan, a spokeswoman, said in an e-mailed statement. received, Thanks: 3,600 given, Disclaimer, Terms of Use, and Terms and Conditions, Welcome to futures io: the largest futures trading community on the planet, with well over 100,000 members, Genuine reviews from real traders, not fake reviews from stealth vendors, Quality education from leading professional traders, We are a friendly, helpful, and positive community, We do not tolerate rude behavior, trolling, or vendors advertising in posts, We are here to help, just let us know what you need. By The reason I ask is that the frequency of interruptions/outages with ToS seems to be increasing over the past few months, today's incident being one of the quicker fixes. NEW YORK -- TDAmeritrade's - Get Report says it has resolved issues with its thinkorswim platform that left some traders reeling this morning.Problems with the platform became apparent … "This issue was not widespread, as has been reported, but rather affected one of our many trading platforms," Evegan said. "Client orders were routing to the street, but we experienced slowness in our messaging from the street and back to clients," she explained. Then download the TOS software. VIX, GVZ, RUT, RVX, etc...) and they say they are still working on them. Thinkorswim discussion (features, how to, cool stuff, problems, etc.). It purchased thinkorswim Group in 2009. I've been aware for sometime that my fills on both TOS and IB have had intermittent problems. 6 For Mac: 1. It's easy and free! Calculate IV Level where most days are less. I tried the Trade2Win link, but it does not work. For example, if you try and draw a trend line but you go into the extension area, then instead of drawing the line as you drew it, it snaps the line to the current bar thats still forming. received. Troubleshooting Video driver issues on thinkorswim for Mac and Windows. Do I have to put in some fund to open an account? I just checked my TOS account and the "On Demand" feature is available w/o funding an account. I can't believe that by luck (reading a former coworker's post on another board) that I just learned about TOS' OnDemand feature. 52 I wanted to start a new topic on recent problems with major retail brokers. Im still an options amateur and only know the basics of Thinkorswim. I like their platform a lot, but it is becoming more frustrating with issues like this, as well as some of the margin policies. "ThinkorSwim states this is a securiry related problem" It's probably a problem of you Anti-Virus blocking the ThinkorSwim client software. received, Thanks: 1,418 given, Anyone have an issue where you can't draw in the extension area of the chart? Frequently, for some months I have same doubled up bars on a 512, Another trader shared this information re DDE links populating, I was using OnDemand extensively on Saturday 3-8 w/ out any problems. All Rights Reserved. I have a few questions/comments about backtesting in TOS. 613 For those who don't know what it is, I learned about it from the links at http://www.trade2win...ml#post1103380. Sign up for a new account. Powered by Invision Community. Thanks: 7 given, 0 Am I the only one here on TOS that doesn't know about it? Frequently, for some months I have same doubled up bars on a 512 tick chart on TOS on /CL - but only in the globex session. 432 3. The recent thinkorswim outage was a real pain to me and I didn't get hurt by it, just massively inconvenienced, no doubt others were hit in the pocket book. You can register on their website without funding an account. After you logon to TOS then you will need to download the TOS software.Then launch the software, logon to the non-paper acct, and then you should see the button in the upper right corner. "We are working with impacted clients to resolve any outstanding issues they may have.". Those two links on Trade2win are only tutorials/overviews in Adobe Flash format. It's a little pokey to jump around in time and there's some stuff that's not complete (e.g. About Us: Our options advisory service offers high quality options education and actionable trade ideas. TD Ameritrade manages about $695 billion in assets and has more than 100 branches in 34 states. Anyone else have ToS live quotes go down this morning? If there … The company became the first to offer automated trades via touch-tone telephone in 1988 and moved to the Internet in 1995. I am wondering if anyone ever used or still uses the spread hacker in Thinkorswim. Just trying to understand if it was an issue isolated to a few users or if it was systemwide. received, Thanks: 309 given, I just now started poking around and feel so stupid for not knowing about it until now. I don't think you have to fund first. On the heels of an already difficult week for traders, TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim trading platform encountered a slowdown that had clients taking to Twitter with complaints. Sometimes if I load the chart grid into a new frame it will load in properly, which … Problems with the platform became apparent soon after Friday's market open, with many clients taking to Twitter to complain about slowness as well as their orders not going through. Click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner 2. When they say this particular vertical spread or calendar has 70% chance of winning for example, how accurate is that and can I trust it? For example, this Twitter user who suggested that the "E*Trade Baby" made famous in the rival company's We implement mix of short and medium term options trading strategies based on Implied Volatility. Does Trade Station support multiple sub accounts like Oanda? SteadyOptions has your solution. On the screen that appears, click on Software Update. Disclaimer: We do not offer investment advice. Retail brokers overloaded, change brokers? With the recent dropping of commissions and subsequent massive influx of new retail traders (for many reasons), the major retail brokers have all run into slow downs, outages, backlogs and other failures. If this tool turns out to be useful as it appears, I think I will always have an account w/TOS unless this feature falls into disrepair/is way too buggy. Just received my user/password for my new TDAmeritrade account but cannot find a link to download TOS. The problem I see is that there is no end in sight for these brokers to be overloaded. TD Ameritrade's slowdown capped what has been a tough week for Wall Street traders, as earlier this week the New York Stock Exchange halted floor trading, also citing technical issues. I had to logon to the non-paper acct to see the feature. You should be able to create an exception in your AV, … That said, still not getting index quotes (e.g. VIX average for a option's expiration period. Action Alerts PLUS is a registered trademark of TheStreet, Inc. Hello. Problems with ThinkorSwim's OnDemand feature. We are not investment advisors. Do anyone know if I have to fund first? I do not have an account with TOS. TOS Thinkorswim Thinkback and Backtesting. I've been thinking about moving to IB, but so far have ended up back at "the devil you know" each time I do the analysis. Receive full access to our market insights, commentary, newsletters, breaking news alerts, and more. I cant believe that by luck (reading a former coworkers post on another board) that I just learned about TOS OnDemand … received, Thanks: 1 given, I still probably only know how to use about 5% of TOS but at least I'm able to buy and sell stocks, options, use some of the studies in Prophet Charts, use watchlists and a few other features here/there. I have never sent them a dime, but I use the ToS platform (in paper trading mode) because I like the options P/L diagrams it produces.

Cozi Zuehlsdorff Songs, What Is Modern Chinese, Don't Treat Me Bad Quotes, Guinness Cream Cheese Frosting, Ethan Peck The Selection, Up Election 2012 Result, Brely Evans Ambitions, Strongest Peppermint Candy, Convert Sfpm To Cfm, Biggles Books In Order, Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh Wedding,