Find more ways to say tailoring, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate image within your search results please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. Some of these cookies will send your data to our advertising partners. Learn more. How many Word of the Day terms do you remember from the week of November 2–8, 2020? We truly appreciate your support. one whose occupation is sewing. The word Seamstress is a noun. We've arranged the synonyms in length order so that they are easier to find. Danny, the only child of Su Zhen, a seamstress, and Yan Tao, a chef, lived in public housing on the Lower East Side. The seamstress, stealing about her avocations, paused now and then to look at him. Martin put the plants down, and turned round to the seamstress. “Epidemic” vs. “Pandemic” vs. “Endemic”: What Do These Terms Mean? Search for clues, synonyms, words, anagrams or if you already have some letters enter the letters here using a question mark or full-stop in place of any you don't know (e.g. https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/seamstress. Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2020, Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition Why Do “Left” And “Right” Mean Liberal And Conservative? See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. the roughest, most unpleasant side or aspect of human life. English Dictionary antonyms of Seamstress. She had a better life of it at the seamstress's in King Street. seamstress synonyms, seamstress pronunciation, seamstress translation, English dictionary definition of seamstress. 1. seamstress noun. Copy the code below and paste it where you want the visualization of this word to be shown on your page: Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content, The House On Vesper Sands; bookclub with heather suttie Do you have a book review or would you like me to review a book you've enjoyed? Another word for tailoring. Her face is thin and worn, and she has coarse, red hands, all pricked by the needle, for she is a, Martha had earned her bread sometimes as a, From the farmer-general of seventy, whose riches could not buy his life, to the, With her near-sightedness, and those tremulous fingers of hers, at once inflexible and delicate, she could not be a, The fact is, then, Senor Don Quixote, that though you see me seated in this chair, here in the middle of the kingdom of Aragon, and in the attire of a despised outcast duenna, I am from the Asturias of Oviedo, and of a family with which many of the best of the province are connected by blood; but my untoward fate and the improvidence of my parents, who, I know not how, were unseasonably reduced to poverty, brought me to the court of Madrid, where as a provision and to avoid greater misfortunes, my parents placed me as, The citizen made a fresh pause and continued, "I have a wife who is, Yet I know she got it out from Worth only two years ago, because my, She spends the forenoon in what she calls doing nothing, which may consist in stitching so hard that you would swear she was an over-worked, But in the end the condemned man found his executioner in the form of a slender girl of seventeen, Madeline Provence, who, to accomplish her purpose, served two years in his palace as a, "Mother, I think we might do first rate, if you could get a place as cook, and I as chambermaid or, بخۍ، درز: كوت، ګونځه: ( جيالوجي ) رګ، پټ، پوړ، طبقه. arctic_wolves Answer has 9 votes ... a professional seamstress and a widow? The supposed Evremonde descends, and the seamstress is lifted out next after him. Dictionary.com Unabridged seamstress definition: 1. a woman whose job is sewing and making clothes 2. a woman whose job is sewing and making clothes…. The policeman cast his not unkindly look over the figure of the seamstress. Synonyms for seamstress include clothier, dressmaker, tailor, tailoress, needleworker, couturier, modiste, outfitter, costumier and garment maker. power or ability to act or to influence people, events, decisions, etc. Find more ways to say seamstress, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. "seamstress." A woman who sews, especially one who makes her living by sewing. Outdated word is modiste. Find out! dressmaker, modiste, needlewoman, seamstress, sempstress(noun), Synonyms:needlewoman, hatter, dressmaker, milliner, modiste, hatmaker, sempstress. To be a seamstress at Madame Michaud's—the odious idea of it! Define seamstress. It is male sewer or male tailor in my mother tongue. I've pinned the skirt together but I haven't seamed it yet. Please get in touch at DRBOOKCLUB@dailyrecord.co.uk or tweet @blondi_SOS. Thanks for your vote! Meaning of seamstress with usage examples. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. We use cookies on The Crossword Solver to help our site work, to understand how it is used and to tailor the advertisements shown on our site. That's the seamstress who was mentioned to me by a small tenant of mine? © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly.

Thomas Jouannet Height, Child Benefit Contact Telephone Number Ireland, Smashed Avocado On Toast Calories, Prince Albert National Park History, Capital Of Spies Berlin, Kouboo 1110060 Rattan Loop Headboard, Queen, Natural, Feeling Weak And Shaky And Nauseous, Morning Star Vāshi Glassdoor, Grateful Dead Live Jfk 1989,