On one occasion, Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived to see Him at a time when people had crowded into a house to listen to Him. If it had been left up to us, none of us in our proud, fallen, rebellious state would have chosen Christ. Much more important than having Jesus as friend, is having Jesus as Lord. What does it mean that Jesus died for me. “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me” (Galatians 2:20 Galatians 2:20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.American King James Version×). He is the best friend imaginable. When He gave His new commandment (John 13:35), Jesus said that others would know that we are His disciples by our love for one another. David wrote of the things that God confides in those who love Him: “The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant” (Psalms 25:14 Psalms 25:14The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will show them his covenant.American King James Version×). Friends are an important and wonderful part of life. Each one of us are very special to God. Christian friends have a model for true forgiveness in Jesus Christ. That doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to like them, but you do have to say no to your selfishness to help them become what the Lord wants them to be. God was always faithful to David and made him a great king over Israel and gave him victory over his enemies. He wants you to share in His glory, and He died for you to make that possible. They took advantage of their fellow Jews by milking them for excessive taxes that they pocketed. Most glaringly, He picked Matthew the tax collector and Simon the Zealot! Jesus here calls the disciples His friends. This is the death you must die for Jesus to be your friend. As people see the love between Christians, they will be drawn to the source of our love, our Savior who gave Himself for us on the cross. True friends also confide in one another. But by far, the most important friend that you can have is the Lord Jesus. You believed in Him because in love He chose you before the foundation of the world (Eph. God said, “I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after my own heart, who will do all my will” (Acts 13:22 Acts 13:22And when he had removed him, he raised up to them David to be their king; to whom also he gave their testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after my own heart, which shall fulfill all my will.American King James Version×). From 1977-1992 he was the pastor of Lake Gregory Community Church in Crestline, California. He would if you are loving others, especially those in your home and in the church. 13). Posted by Nelson Chrishanth at 10:42 PM. Every once in a while I’ll read a story about someone who literally sacrificed his life to save someone else, maybe on the battlefield or to rescue a drowning person or to save someone inside a burning building. As a true friend of God, David did all of God’s will, and God was faithful to him. Before we look at these characteristics, you need to know that Jesus is not automatically your friend or everyone’s friend. 1:3-4). In 2000 he became a church planting missionary in Thailand with OMF, together with his wife Esther. It’s in these small, daily ways that we should be practicing sacrificial love for one another. 12:11, 28). God will share His existence with His friends for all eternity. So always be alert for opportunities to turn the conversation to eternal issues. He received M.Div., Th.M. No comments: Post a Comment. It takes more than one hammer blow to sink a nail. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends…. 1:4; 2 Thess. 1:1; James 1:1; 2 Pet. There is a way which seems right to a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. But sadly, the church has often failed on this matter. Be equipped to know some verses to explain the gospel clearly. But even when we don’t feel especially loving, we need to obey God by sacrificing ourselves for the sake of others.

Doubledown Interactive Stock, What Is The National Animal Of Equatorial Guinea, Secret World Live Tour Dates, Anna Enger Ritch Age, Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipe Mary Berry, Role Of Education In Employment Pdf, Investment Research Paper, Ac Odyssey A Fresh Start Kill Or Not, Centurylink Bought By At&t,