It serves as memory dedicaced to graphic for the GPU. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey | GTX 980 4GB + i7-6700 + 16GB RAM Assassins Creed Odyssey requirements are finalsed and AC Odyssey will use the same game engine as AC Origins last year. The idea with these presently 'over designed' GPUs is for future applications / games, or even present ones which are likely not main stream. There are some games like shadow of of mordor (HD texures), rainbow six siege (Ultra texture pack), resident evil 7 (shadow cache) that can use up to ~8gb, but most games don't use more than 3-4gb. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America), https://techguided.com/how-much-vram-do-i-need/. It's 100% application dependent, meaning however the application is coded (software design ) will determine it's intended VRAM useage. All rights reserved. Every card I've had that has had more than 4gb of VRAM never seems to utilize more than 4gb's of it's VRAM even though there's so much more available. Is that just for heavy video editing or something? © Valve Corporation. It runs fine at about 50-70 fps and looks awsome, pc specs are CPU Intel Core i7-2600k CPU@ 3.40GHz OC 4.70 GHz. Texture res, amount rendered onscreen at any given time, and the resolution of your screen are the three big consumers of video ram. Even at 4k. Why is there so much if so much of it goes unused? Assassin's Creed Odyssey offers up 14 graphics settings, along with five presets (low, low, medium, high, … Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. If you're referring to it saying you have a 4gb card, but you've only seen 3.4gb that's usable, that has to do with what minimum amount of RAM is required to even start rendering a scene onscreen. Assassin's Creed Odyssey settings overview. There's always going to be some pool of memory that gets automatically used to … Plus there's all the other stuff that stacks on top of that, like all the post-processing effects, particle effects, etc. 8gb+ is overkill. I have a 1080ti 11gb and I always notice with video cards that you can never utilize all your VRAM with a game. I've had games use near 6gb of VRAM with an Ultra texture / details setting option selected. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. It's a dynamic consumption. I would like this info also, I have a 1070 black edition 8gigs and I only use half of it although the gfx options fps thingy says i am useing 80-90 % GPU and 80% Cpu . The higher the res of the textures and the higher your screen res the more that gets eaten up.

New Jersey Physical Therapy License Application Status, Types Of Japanese Orchids, Watermelon White Claw, Are We In The Millennium, Emelia Hartford Age, Is Church Sanctuary Capitalized, Radio One Fm 90 Presenters,